Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

THIS DIET KILLS!

I'm trying to do a combination of the IG and LE diets... And omgosh.. I am supposed to have about 35 grams of fat a day... I have only had 3 today. I have no idea what I can eat that is low sodium, low nutrients, lowish calories, and high enough fat to get me where I need to be. I am breastfeeding. I need the fat to make milk!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You will lose too much weight and probably cheat if you try to be that restrictive. It is advised to pick just one diet and follow it rather than combining them. I think AS says fat is not as important as lower protein calories and nutrients. I don't have any suggestions as I am doing the IG diet. But I did try to also incorporate low protein and calories into that and I ended up losing too much weight and I stopped ovulating. Just don't want you to go through that too.
    and IVF/PGD

Cycle #1 - Antagonist protocol
    AFC=24

5/30: start stims (187.5 gonal f), 6/2: decrease gonal to 150 add 1 vial menopur , 6/5: add 2nd vial of menopur, 6/6: add ganirelix, 6/9: no meds, do trigger, 6/11: ER 21 retrieved, 13 mature, 13 fertilized, 9 biopsied, 6/16: transferred 1 XX...bfp! Betas: 10dp5dt 283, 12dp5dt 807, 19dp5dt 8762, 7/21: 7w5d HB 155!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    unsalted butter, or ice cream? sorry i dont know much about the girl diet, but from what i have seen it looks really hard. Sending you some pink dust.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    OUr3, several people tried to combine the diets and it yielded a diet that was SO restrictive that it was virtually undoable. My advice is to pick one of the three diets and go with it, ESP if you are breastfeeding, because trying to mix and match just isn't possible.

Why so little fat?? You can go up to 60 g of fat on the LE diet!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I fear I may be eating too little too. I 'm not counting calories but I am hungry and I'm not ovulating and supposed to be maintaing my weight. I feel you! Good luck!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have combined the two diets. I drink only water, 1-2 glasses of non-fat milk, diet caff free coke, CL, peppermint tea. I skip breakfast. I try to eat just lunch and dinner and a snack before bed and try not to snack between meals. I stay under 1500 calories, 40 g of fat, 40 g protein, and 700-1000 mg sodium. I do not eat red meat, and very, very little chicken, practically a vegetarian. Here is a list of the things I eat:

Strawberries, raspberries, cucumbers with the skin off, green beans, mushrooms, apples with the skin off, yoplait light, low-fat cream cheese, low fat cottage cheese, low sodium bread, egg beaters egg whites, a little non salted butter, sugar free strawberry jam, white rice, plain, unfortified pasta, fat free twizzlers and swedish fish, and any other "empty"food, usually junk food that is low in fat and sodium. This is the part that keeps me sane--I just try to find stuff that is processed and low in nutrients but not too high in sodium to keep the diet interesting.
    2010 2012 2015--home water birth VBA2C!!
    praying for one last

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    When I was BFing DS2 I didn't follow any diet. I only lowered the cals a little and limited salts, sugar, and potassium rich foods.

MIN for BFing is 40-60g of proteins, Calories should be 1800 for a healthy baby (NB-24mths), and do not restrict healthy fruits and veggies even if you are taking pills/supps because food goes into the milk complete and pills don't always make it.

Do not take any herbs but a nursing tea has vitex in it so only drink that a few times a day.

It is best to look up the mins you need for nursing and make that your diet.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I like Mozz cheese - some of them have very low sodium

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinss View Post
    unsalted butter, or ice cream? sorry i dont know much about the girl diet, but from what i have seen it looks really hard. Sending you some pink dust.
    I actually did think about ice cream. I will probably go get some tonight to eat when I can't get my fat intake right. Thank you for the pink dust.
    DH and I 2005
    DS DS DS
    Our precious baby is coming in October!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by carmella_marie View Post
    I have combined the two diets. I drink only water, 1-2 glasses of non-fat milk, diet caff free coke, CL, peppermint tea. I skip breakfast. I try to eat just lunch and dinner and a snack before bed and try not to snack between meals. I stay under 1500 calories, 40 g of fat, 40 g protein, and 700-1000 mg sodium. I do not eat red meat, and very, very little chicken, practically a vegetarian. Here is a list of the things I eat:

Strawberries, raspberries, cucumbers with the skin off, green beans, mushrooms, apples with the skin off, yoplait light, low-fat cream cheese, low fat cottage cheese, low sodium bread, egg beaters egg whites, a little non salted butter, sugar free strawberry jam, white rice, plain, unfortified pasta, fat free twizzlers and swedish fish, and any other "empty"food, usually junk food that is low in fat and sodium. This is the part that keeps me sane--I just try to find stuff that is processed and low in nutrients but not too high in sodium to keep the diet interesting.
    I think that most people should stay between 1500-1800 cals and not go below that.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast