Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I seem to remember from bio class that average sperm swimming at a speed that allows proper capacitation is 4 hours from the time DH ejaculates to reaching the physical location of the egg. Once the egg and sperm meet, the egg instantly stops being receptive to other sperm so that not more than one sperm can fertilize an egg. It takes a little while for the sperm DNA and the egg DNA to mix and start to travel down the fallopian tubes toward the uterus, but if a capacitated sperm and unfertilized egg meet, "fertilization" is pretty instantaneous.
    2010 2012 2015--home water birth VBA2C!!
    praying for one last

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post
    How do you know she has healthy eggs? Genetic issues, uterus issues, timing, bad sperm for sure to name a few reasons.
    this is just hypothetical. altho i have a couple friends who are diagnosed with this..no reason. im tlaking about if timing is good, they tested eggs (can u do that? lol) tested sperm, she defly ovulates..they tried iui, etc, didnt work. tryingfor 3 yrs.

Polpectomy/Hysteroscopy complete (2 polyps)
    June ER @ HRC
    30 retrieved, 24 mature, 23 fertilized, 17 to biopsy, 5 normal, 2xy!, 1 transferred, 1 frozen
    HB seen at 6w4d!

I can't believe I did this!

My HT son
    My family is complete. Baby fever resolved!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by carmella_marie View Post
    I seem to remember from bio class that average sperm swimming at a speed that allows proper capacitation is 4 hours from the time DH ejaculates to reaching the physical location of the egg. Once the egg and sperm meet, the egg instantly stops being receptive to other sperm so that not more than one sperm can fertilize an egg. It takes a little while for the sperm DNA and the egg DNA to mix and start to travel down the fallopian tubes toward the uterus, but if a capacitated sperm and unfertilized egg meet, "fertilization" is pretty instantaneous.
    yeah i remember some of this!

June ER @ HRC
    30 retrieved, 24 mature, 23 fertilized, 17 to biopsy, 5 normal, 2xy!, 1 transferred, 1 frozen
    HB seen at 6w4d!

My HT son

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo77 View Post
    this is great info. i was wondering then tho, in couples diagnosed with "unexplained infertility" what do you guys think is the problem? too fast sperm not capicitating? so im talking about a woman with healthy eggs who ovulates every month and a man with a high amount of sperm with good mobility andmotility mortality (isnt that what "unexxplained fertility" is?) everything IS right but it just really isnt enough. the answers ive come up with are hostile environment (repro tract is just denying everything foreign, hostile uterus, same concept, or dna's dont match up (genetic imbalances?).
    I think doctors know about 1% of everything there is to know about the human body, esp. where fertility, genetics, and immune system function is involved.

Also wonder if blood glucose could have something to do with it.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    so is the concensus that pregnancy is most likely to occur if you DTD a day before O verse ON O day or close to O. bc sperm needs time to make its way to egg and capacitate?

June ER @ HRC
    HB seen at 6w4d!

My HT son

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Gizmo!! Are you knocked up?
    2004 2006 2010 2012

My BOY sway worked!! THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    so far yes hobber..we'll see ifit sticks!

June ER @ HRC
    HB seen at 6w4d!

My HT son

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Gizmo... Just saw your siggy with BFP from yesterday!!! How exciting CONGRATS .
    Cycle#1 Jan/Feb 2013: 10 eggs retrieved, 8 mature, 8 fertilized. 1 expanded blast frozen to batch.

Cycle #2 May/June 2013: 17 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized, 3 blasts frozen. Sending all 4 to Natera: 2 normals- 1 girl (cycle 2) & 1 boy (cycle 1)

Cycle #3 September 2013: 11 eggs retrieved, 8 mature, 8 fertilized. 4 biopsied. 2 normal boys

FET #1: October 25th: BFN

Cycle#4: Feb/March 2014: 12 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 10 fertilized. 1 normal XX! Transfer March 3rd. BFP: 3/9/14!!!! Beta: 7dp6dt:38, 9dp6dt:139!, 6weeks 1 day: heartbeat!!!

She's here and I'm in love

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    so far yes hobber..we'll see ifit sticks!
    AWESOME!!! CONGRATS!!! I just saw your siggy too--didn't notice it when I asked the question.... did you post your sway? How many times did you end up DTD and what was your timing??
    2004 2006 2010 2012

My BOY sway worked!! THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    so is the concensus that pregnancy is most likely to occur if you DTD a day before O verse ON O day or close to O. bc sperm needs time to make its way to egg and capacitate?
    I personally believe this to be true. I am not sure if I have data to back that up, my brain is whispering that I do but I can't find it on first glance.

The one timing study that I like has equal numbers of conceptions taking place when the last BD took place on O-1 as it does when the last BD is on o (so they prob. BD several times, just that the last one was either O-1 or O) and that makes me think that conception from BD on O-1 HAS to be at least as and probably more likely to conceive than BD on O is.

PS - HUGE congrats Gizmo!!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast