Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

do people you hang around with make you have the same gender kids as they do?

This might be unrelated to swaying, but DH and I just realised that most of our friends in our social network (both from college, work, or just friends) have BOYS. I too realise that among my cousins who have kids they have more boys compared to girls, amongst my besties, there's only one girl born and the rest (including me) have boys. Why does it seem so 'contagious' in our social network that we also have what they're having? Of course as women we could be having similar 'reactions' in our bodies that create male conceptions, but we're different people and we all seem not to have a mix of both gender?

On the other hand, DH's brother in law hangs out with a lot of people who have DDs and he's expecting a baby girl himself! How weird is that?

I guess being near blue/pink dust really does help and it spreads! Next time I should look for new friends who have DDs!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thats quite interesting, me and a close uni friend fell pregnant 2 weeks apart both with girls.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I wish this was true! I'm the only boy mum in my circle of friends!!! everyone either has a PP or 2 girls!
    08 09 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Do you think it may be because people kind of mix with their social equivalents, so the poorer maybe less nutritioned people hang out and the slightly better off better nutritioned people hang out??? Interesting thread though

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I suspect that people who have similar lifestyles tend to hang out together and attract each other. Like, vegans tend to hang with vegans, and weight lifters with weight lifters.

My brother and his girlfriend, and their friends all smoke and work in fast food, and it is girl-stravaganza. I HATE going to events and functions for my niece because of it.

Same is true at my husband's work, he is one of the few guys who didn't smoke or drink massive amoutns of energy drinks (altho he did just start now that it's too late to do me any good, haha) and isn't/wasn't a complete party animal when he was young, and he is one of the few with boys. Working at certain professions has been proven to sway pretty strongly, so if you hang out mostly with people from work, that can def. play a part, altho again not everything because my husband is a welder and should have girls, but of course the woman has her part to play too. Some of you rem. Beebs from IG...her husband is a fighter pilot, and all the other pilots had just tons of girls and kept asking them how they got boys!! But Beebs is a pilot herself and one of those extreme achievers that tend to have tons of boys.

I do think socio-economic status and education level could have something to do with it (statistically speaking, women who have Master's Degrees tend to have more sons) , but clearly not everything because I"m poorer than dirt, dropped out of college and still have 4!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I do think socio-economic status and education level could have something to do with it (statistically speaking, women who have Master's Degrees tend to have more sons) , but clearly not everything because I"m poorer than dirt, dropped out of college and still have 4!
    Man, if all the supposed indicators like socio-economic status/physical build/education etc held true for us (me + DH) we should definitely have had all boys... and I imagine in some ways those things are also what "wired" me to desire sons. But three girls later, LOL. Anyhow, I do agree with that whole like-attracts-like thing.

Anyhow all of my good friends have boys, most of them all boys. Not many of my good friends do have a PP; it's mostly 2 kid families with either 2 boys or 2 girls.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Statistically speaking = plenty of exceptions!!!

People who smoke don't necessarily die of lung cancer and yet no one would deny that smoking DOES cause lung cancer.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was part of a very small graduate program at a large university. The program was made up of 99% women, and many of us kept in touch afterwards. Now, about 10 years afterwards, of the women I've kept in touch, they've all ONLY had boys. I had three, three others had two a piece, and 3-4 others had only one baby, and it was a boy every time. I've always joked that there must have been something in the water in the building where we had all our classes .
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This is getting interesting! I thought it was just because that I hung around with friends who had mostly boys who would have "cursed" me getting a boy also.LOL.
    I used to work at this company where my female manager had two boys, another colleague had two boys (she already has an older girl), and a few of the guys who work there have at least two boys. I think that's because we all used to get take away lunches from the same area and you know eating takeaways were high in sodium, etc etc, hence foodwise, we were in "boy' friendly territory.

Although I don't hang around with my high school friends anymore, but i guess since we're in the same age, we share same interests like drinking out, eating out, and have similar kind of food taste, no wonder most of us ended up with the same gender kids. HOWEVER, my friends who went abroad turned to have mostly girls I guess that's because their lifestyle there has changed!

DH works in automotive industry, being surrounded by cars everyday for nearly 10 yrs and i thought i read somewhere this would lower his sperm count. But nope our first kid is a boy! His other colleagues though, on the other hand had mostly girls! One of them had 4 girls in a row! ANother male colleague just had a baby girl. Interestingly, his big boss has 3 girls and a few other managers only have girls.... But this doesn't seem to apply to DH? we're like the only couple with a boy! LOL.

Dh's father and his brothers are smokers but they all ended up having boys only. Before i knew about swaying, i thought smoker dads have mostly boys but smoking in general ruins your health and therefore would count towards low sperm count? no?

In regards to women who are extreme achievers, my boss' wife is a VP in some big company and she has big TASK on her shoulders but she has twin girls! Another lady that i know of is a finance director of a bank and she has two girls too... I guess career oriented women could be so busy with work already and didn't think about food huh? Meanwhile I work in an office, but when work got me stressed, i turned to food.. and sitting here 9 hrs a day, i could easily day dream about what food to eat to comfort me.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My two best friends that I had in college also have three girls. One of them went on to have two boys later with a different dh. My neighbor friend also has three girls and my other good friend in town has 3 girls and a boy.
    Mom to
    7w5d no heartbeat, naturally miscarried at 9w4d 11/17/2011

currently preparing to sway for starting March 2012

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast