Thread: guaifenesin

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

guaifenesin

hi so basically, should i bother taking this? i am thinking of giving it to both me and DH..

dont really know if DH has any sperm issues but i have heared IF he has motility issues this would help. we happen to have a bottle of this as a cough medicine anyway here and its has only guaifenesin in it; Robitussin.

when day of cycle should i start taking and at what dose?
    and im more going along lines on IF dh has motility / liquifaction issues when should he take and how much of a dose?

is there anyway i can do any at home sperm tests for motility, count, liquifaction?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It sways blue and I don't recommend it for most pink swayers. BUT sometimes when people have been trying a long time I will have them add it in.

For you, you'd take it starting 5 days before you expect to O and go through O day OR even 3 days past O (I tend to think this is overkill but some people prefer it)

For hubby, I'd start a couple days before you expect to ovulate. He doesn't need to take it after attempt.

Please follow dosing guideline on the bottle as different products have different concentrations so I can't tell you "take X number of teaspoons" or anything. 1200 is max dose, most people take more like 400-600
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic. TMI!! but DH sperm can feel very thick after... Just read this *could* be impacting on fertility.. i think im now at point where any sperm lucky enough to get there and be alive and available for the egg is meant to be sperm! (i know sounds daft but...haha).
    I was going to take equivalent of 10ml so 200mg is that enough? I didnt want to overdo it nor under... :/ and thanks i had read 5 days prior to O is best and glad got verification of that
    DH will take 400mg dose..! Hes happy to anything to help / incase issue..!

Sent from my XT1580 using Tapatalk

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    To add does DH really have to wait so late to start taking guaifenesin? Wouldnt he need to start earlier then me in terms of a point in cycle?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by sofkay View Post
    Thanks Atomic. TMI!! but DH sperm can feel very thick after... Just read this *could* be impacting on fertility.. i think im now at point where any sperm lucky enough to get there and be alive and available for the egg is meant to be sperm! (i know sounds daft but...haha).
    I was going to take equivalent of 10ml so 200mg is that enough? I didnt want to overdo it nor under... :/ and thanks i had read 5 days prior to O is best and glad got verification of that
    DH will take 400mg dose..! Hes happy to anything to help / incase issue..!

Yeah, I often think people TTC overthink everything. It is normal for sperm to be thick upon emerging and then after about 10 minutes it liquefies due to some sort of chemical reaction.

I think any you take will be fine. I generally find the sky high doses up to the max to be total overkill as most see improvements with smaller amounts.

No, he doesn't need to wait if you don't want him to but guaifenesin is pretty fast acting stuff. Totally up to you.

The guaifenesin has nothing to do with him making sperm, it has to do with the semen. It simply thins out the semen in his testicles so he can take it relatively at the last minute. Whereas for ladies, we make EWCM for many days so we want to "get in early" with the guaifenesin to make sure that we always have a good level of thinned out EWCM so it has time to get into all the little nooks and crannies. This is especially true when doing e4d method because you are going to be having many attempts over time so you want to be sure that the EWCM is always as thinned out as it can get.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ