Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Product for pink? Strawberry Nesquik

Knowing that some gals can have a tough time getting enough calories without going over their other limits (sodium, fat, protein), I wondered about an "add-in" like Strawberry Nesquik. If you're already planning on having a cup of skim milk with your meal, for example, is it okay to add this? The powder adds 60 calories per 2 Tbsp, but has no fat, no sodium, no protein and only trace amounts of nutrients (10% each for vitamin C, calcium, B6, zinc, copper and manganese). The syrup adds 50 calories per 1 Tbsp, still no fat, sodium or protein, and it doesn't have any nutrients listed above 0%.

I'm highlighting the Nesquik (the main ingredients for the syrup are sugar, water and high fructose corn syrup -- woo boy, that's healthy! ) versus something like Carnation Instant Breakfast, which does have healthier/blue-sway attributes (160 mg sodium, 5g protein, 25% calcium, 140% vitamin C, etc.).

Atomic? Others? Your thoughts on the Nesquik as a viable sway tool?

(A side question: I assume skim chocolate milk is probably a no-no for pink, due to the chocolate? Or would the chocolate content be minor enough to make it worth the benefit of having more calories than skin milk, but no extra protein or whatnot?)
    2013 (my pray+sway baby girl is here!)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would think it would be ok? No different than coke which some people add. I add a few animal crackers of swedish fish most days. Sometimes even a couple chocolate covered blueberries b/c I am an extreme chocoholic and this has been hard for me to give up.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would think the Nesquik would be fine. I eat lots of empty calories - mostly candy - but also the oocasional full sugar Pepsi or juice if my calories for the day are too low.

As for the chocolate question - personally, after my first 4 months on the diet I decided that allowing myself a little chocolate now and then wasn't going to hurt anything and would make me a much happier person. Atomic has said chocolate isn't the worst thing you could have, as long as you stick with milk chocolate as opposed to dark chocolate. I think having it once in a while shouldn't hurt your sway. I had hot chocolate yesterday!
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd probably stick with the syrup so there are none of the added nutrients.
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If my calories are low I sometimes have a glass of non-fat chocolate milk as a treat and a way to up cals for the day. I'm not worried about it ruining my sway, like AS says, there are no forbidden foods!
    2010 2012 2015--home water birth VBA2C!!
    praying for one last

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, the syrup is fine, I think you should take a pass on the powder tho. On IG some people used to add sugar free espresso syrup to their milk - they didn't like sugar on that site.

RE choc milk - I have a lot more concern about the nutrients in the milk, then in a little choc powder. My concern with all these things is that you really shoudl NOT be drinking a ton of milk as it is and anything that makes it go down easier may encourage people to drink more than they need.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ