Thread: Boy Diet ?

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Boy Diet ?

Anyone have recommended condiments with no sugar or artificial stuff.

Ketchup?

Tomato Sauce?

Mayo?

I know it is okay to use butter. I love it though especially on potatoes and veggies, is there something I just use instead so I don't use too much? (aside from olive oil-looking for something more like butter)

Thanks all

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The regular tomato sauces and mayo's etc are usually high in sugar, the ones that say sugar free use artificial sweetner.

Regular yellow mustard (contains no sugar and no fat, only vinegar and a little salt)

Spicy mustard (vinegar, salt; no fat or sugar)

Hot sauce (no fat, no sugar; some salt)

Vinegar (for salads; you can mix it with powdered garlic)

Extra-virgin olive oil (for salads; contains healthy fat)

Natural herbs and spices (oregano, red pepper, cinnamon, etc.)

Any spice or herb in your cabinet can be combined with olive oil for great flavor. (pesto)

Are you trying to use less butter because it is dairy?
    Last edited by Cinss; December 12th, 2011 at 11:24 PM.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks! So does everyone make their own tomato sauce? The canned tomatoes seem to also have sugar in them. Like 3 grams every 1/2 cup serving. does everyone stew down tomatoes themselves?

Yes, I was trying to limit some calcium and I know I will not cut out cheese since I am a vegetarian, but wanted to limit where I could. I ate a lot of cheese & ice cream and have 3 girls

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Is there a specific reason why you're trying to limit sugar?? Eating some sugar on the boy diet is fine as long as you're eating protein at the same time. The protein will keep your blood sugar from rising superhigh and crashing.

The prob with low sugar/sugar free stuff is that sometimes it's artificially sweetened and that is a step in the wrong direction. I would a million times over see you eating sugar + protein for blue than any artificial sweetener (otehr than stevia which is ok.) If you really really don't want sugar, I agree with Cinss that mustard and other condiments can kinda pick up the slack (and mustard has a lot less preservatives than ketchup, as a general rule.)

For pasta, if you don't want the jarred tom sauces and are avoiding dairy, go with pesto instead. Some brands are dairy free (try the dry Knorr soup mix) and you can make it with olive oil and add nuts to it for protein.

Mayo should not have any sugar (not much anyway) to begin with.

Even if you are limiting dairy it is perfectly fine to eat butter. Butter has NO calcium in it. In fact, I believe it's desirable for blue to eat A LOT of butter (much much better than margarine) because it has saturated fat, and that is what your body uses to make cholesterol,which in turn it makes testosterone and estrogen from.

I see you're new here, welcome! Just to let you know, we don't always do things the same way as on some other sites. In fact, I'm not at all convinced that calcium sways pink (I ate TONS AND TONS of dairy of all varieties with all four of my sons and with my 4th I was swaying and taking massive doses of cal/mag/vit d). I'm pretty concerned when blue swayers cut out calcium all together and load up on salt - I don't think the minerals sway in the way people claim that they do (although the diets themselves may sway). Cutting out calcium and upping salt is TERRIBLE for fertility and pretty much everything that lowers fertility, sways pink.

I am working on a diet plan for vegetarians who want to sway blue (I call it "the In-Betweeners Diet" because pink swayers who don't want to cut back can use it too.) It's not done yet, but I have a couple recipe threads for the holidays, one for Thanksgiving, obviously past but you might like the recipes and then a new one for the winter holidays.

Thanksgiving:

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...-dreaming.html

Holiday:

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...pink-blue.html
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic!!!!

I know I saw your post about doing a Veg. Boy Diet and am so excited because so many veggie burgers, fake meat is all soy based and I plan to stay away from those, but then I was worried about how to get protein at every meal.

I don't have a full diet plan in place yet, I guess I was trying to look at what I already eat and what I should cut out and substitute.

I know the last 3 girls getting pregnant I def. skipped breakfast all the time and would have a healthy lunch (salad & bagels, etc), but then have ice cream every night. So, I figure I need to cut out ice cream and half the cheese? I still plan to keep some dairy.

Focus on potatoes, more fruits and veggies ( I was only doing 3 servings a day before).

I just keep trying to figure out what was different between my first pregnancy (a boy) and the last 3 (all girls). I know everyone's body is different and so many things you've written on this site just make sense.

I guess it I am trying to get everything together so I feel like I did my very best.
    I am so thankful for a site like this because I would be so lost without it and it is hard to talk to others about this topic

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Beans, nuts, eggs, cheese, full fat dairy. I know the other diets have you avoiding dairy but I think it's the way to go esp. for vegetarians swaying blue.

Trust me - I ate tons of dairy with all four of my boys and my last boy was a failed sway so I was taking gobs of cal/mag/Vit D on top of it. I just hate to see you throw out something that can help you.

Aim for 9 servings a day of fruit and veg (you can include the juices you drink for your sway, in this 9)

Good luck and let me know how I can help.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks so much Atomic, I think you're right. Especially since I don't eat meat, I need the protein from somewhere. My husband does eat meat, so I am going to make him cut out the dairy. And I'll def. skip the ice cream

I am so glad to have found this site. I am finally doing okay after finding out my current baby is my 3rd DD, but my oldest and only DS is sometimes having a hard time. Every few weeks he makes a comment about how he really wants a brother, he wanted to ask Santa for a brother today.
    Anyway, that is what makes this harder.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by n710 View Post
    I am finally doing okay after finding out my current baby is my 3rd DD, but my oldest and only DS is sometimes having a hard time. Every few weeks he makes a comment about how he really wants a brother, he wanted to ask Santa for a brother today.
    Anyway, that is what makes this harder.
    I'm in a similar situation.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hugs N and sending you an army of Smurfs carrying bags of blue dust for you and your son.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks all, it is so nice to have thistype of support especially since our DH's can only take so much