Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Another HELP TTC PINK! :)

Ok I have yet another question...I'm learning so much here! My sway attempt as been aspertame everything, low everything(lazy because I've lost quite a bit of weight and I'm afraid I may stop o'ing), no food till after noon, supplements(baby aspirin, folic acid, zertec, vitex) and I've been using vaginal douches (vinegar) and rephresh to keep my ph low. Now I'm learning that there are ph opposites (oy!)

Last night was "do or die"...haha! I ovulated yesterday. My husband and I have been TTC for a couple of months now, but I was dtd 2-3 days before ovulation and in combo with the vinegar douches, we were not getting pg. I wanted to get in a little closer to "o" this month. Last night we DTD (ovulated yesterday). I checked my ph before dtd and it was 4.5, not very much of it...in fact dtd was a little bit painful. Afterwards I checked my ph again and it was 7.5! OY!! I read to check ph after intercourse to keep that ph as low as possible. I slept with a vinegar tampon in last night and this morning, CM is very dry and sticky again and PH is low. Here's my question

1. So if you check your CM after dtd, aren't you picking up some of your DH's "stuff" too? So like his should be around 7.5ish for a girl right? So like if I check my CM after intercourse, it doesn't need to be at a 4.5, but rather I'm looking at DH's ph? Or mine and his combined? I'm confused about that...it just doesn't seem like I would get a good reading after intercourse for MY CM?

2. Does it matter after intercourse if you O'd yesterday? For instance, the sperm start swimming immediately...so once they make it into the cervix, does the ph of your CM even matter at that point?

Thank you all in advance for answering all of my questions. I know they must seem so petty, but I'm learning! I'm HOPING I didn't screw up this sway last night
    Started with:

and FINALLY
    and then:
    swayed for our little caboose:
    and God sent a little surprise.....
    arriving December 2014
    and our family is COMPLETE! **I think**

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by dreaminginpink View Post
    this morning, CM is very dry and sticky again and PH is low. Here's my question

1. So if you check your CM after dtd, aren't you picking up some of your DH's "stuff" too? So like his should be around 7.5ish for a girl right? So like if I check my CM after intercourse, it doesn't need to be at a 4.5, but rather I'm looking at DH's ph? Or mine and his combined? it just doesn't seem like I would get a good reading after intercourse for MY CM?
    After intercourse you can only check your combined pH.
    You need to check your CM BEFORE BD.

If you have so low pH, combine pH is always going to be higher bcos pH of sperm is higher.

2. Are you trying for O+12?
    Sperm need 4 hours to capacitate before they ar eable to fertilize the egg.
    m/c 2001
    2012 failed sway
    2014 my surprise baby

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    m/c 2001
    2012 failed sway
    2014 my surprise baby

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ahh, thank you so much, that was a great read! I read it once before, but it helped to read it again also I'm not really sure what "method" we are going for as far as timing. We WERE trying for shettles (2-3 days before o), but it wasn't working because we weren't getting pg. Someone mentioned that I was trying too hard because the vinegar douches were likely killing off all the sperm before I even got around to oing. So this month we decided that we'd get in a little closer to the big "o". I'm not even familiar with how O+12 works? I should google that.

" Sperm need 4 hours to capacitate before they ar eable to fertilize the egg." - So you mean I needed to have a low ph before hand? I've kept a pretty low ph - around 4.5-5. The only time it deviated away from that was after intercourse, and I was sure that was because it was a mixture of the two. This is soooo hard because you read SO many different things in between the general internet and here. I should just stick to staying around here so I can get at least consistent info! LOL!

So with my ph remaining low (even today) should I feel safe with my sway? Today, CM is VERY dry, sticky and almost non existent. I'm just not sure that today would even matter since it's likely that the sperm have already made their way up through the cervix.....right??? I'm so confused!
    Started with:

and FINALLY
    and then:
    arriving December 2014

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Using both douche and RepHresh may not be the best because RepHresh is designed to keep pH at 4.5-5 and if you mix in something very low in pH, the RepHresh will jsut react with it to bring pH up.

pH after DTD is SUPPOSED to rise. That's normal. If you are using RepHresh, it will bring the pH back down. I'm not sure if it got too diluted, or if you tested too soon and it hadn't had time to react or what. Personally I prefer if you do NOT test pH after DTD if you use RepHresh because it just makes you obsess over thing you have no control over anyway. Sperm leaves your vagina within 5 minutes after sex and at ovulation it doesn't even stay in the cervical crypts either, it doesn't hang around to be affected by vinegar tampons all night. The claim that IG makes that a lime tampon lowers your pH up inside your fallopian tubes is nonsense.

DTD 2-3 days before O with one attempt and douching, that may as well be birth control! with moving attempt closer to O.

1)Yes, you are def. picking up the semen pH which is SUPPOSED to be in the 7's. That is normal. Some people have gotten their DH pH lower than that temporarily but it's very unusual. You are looking not for YOUR pH after intercourse, but the combined pH. pH after intercourse - it is debatable what it is "supposed" to be. On IG they want you to lower it to the 4's-5's with lime juice but I think that makes it very hard to get pg at all (kills off the sperm.) Most of the baby girls ever conceived on the planet were NOT done using lime and with pH more in th normal range.

Again, personally I think it's best to skip the vinegar, use RepHresh, and just trust that the RepHresh will do what it is designed to do and lower hte pH of the semen and CM back down to 4.5-5 over the course of a few min.

2)Not quite following this q, but if you Oed yesterday, unless you released two eggs, you have very little chance of pg. Regardless of what they say on IG, most eggs only live 12-24 hours and sperm take 4 hours if not longer to capacitate and reach the egg.

If you are asking what I ~think~ you're asking, I do not believe that what they say on IG (that you can lower pH throughout your repro tract, including up into the fallopian tubes by using lime douche/tampon in the vagina) is in any way true or even possible. Every square millimeter of your repro tract is churning out high pH CM at ovulation, and that the pH in your vag could somehow invade through the cervix and permeate everywhere, is kinda silly to me. Like putting a drop of baking soda on your tongue - it may lower pH right where it touches temporarily, but it will not change the pH of your stomach acid in any appreciable way. Your body "wants" to keep things at a pH that is conducive to sperm and egg and that pH is NOT 4.

The sperm leave the vagina immediately and at O, they go even faster and farther. So the only things that can REALLY affect sperm for swaying purposes, have to be in the vag AT EJACULATION or immediately afterwards (like within seconds almost). Leaving a vinegar tampon in all night is not going to help you in any way.

I dont' think you screwed anything up other than lowering your odds of pg by quite a bit. Certainly didn't sway blue.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Darn! I just typed out a long response and it disappeared. Here's round two.

First off, thank you all so much for responding....I REALLY appreciate the help!!! SA, you are incredible and I appreciate the long explanation more than you'll know!

I'm glad we didn't sway blue at least! We'd like to deliver our last baby sometime in the late fall or early winter of next year, so we do have some time anyway. The cooler months wouldn't hurt my feelings a bit! ( grin) IF, by some miracle I'm assuming, we DID get pg this month then, I'd be ok since my ph had been low right before intercourse then right? And so let me get this straight...it really doesn't matter what your ph is like the day after intercourse (so say like you DTD the day bEFORE O) because the sperm will not stay in the vagina anyway? So the MOST important part of the cycle is making sure the vagina is acidic and dry within the 5 minutes after intercourse because that's when the y sperm will be incapacitated giving the x sperm time to get to the egg first....do I have that right? So what you do after that 5 minute time frame makes no difference, it's all about the environment before intercourse?

So as long as I kept my ph at around 4.5-5 and dry this go round if I DID happen to get pg, the sway would be more pink?

and for next month, I should skip vinegar all together and just use the rephresh. Do you recommend using that several times during the day....or once....or just enough to keep that ph at around 4.5-5? and keep taking the zyrtec to dry up CM? Does the amount of CM make a difference as long as it's acidic? I think I know the answer to this already because you just did a post on ph opposites that I read. The goal is to keep the vagina dry AND acidic? I've just had situations where I've had TONS of CM (this month actually a few days before o), but the ph was consistently around 4.5.

AGain, thank you both soooo much for taking the time to respond to my questions! I'm lost...but learning!
    Started with:

and FINALLY
    and then:
    arriving December 2014

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh and one more thing I wanted to make note of in case it's not too late. I assumed I o'd yesterday because I had the side pains (always...every month) but this morning I got a VERY positive O test. So that could mean that I really will (or have) O'd today right? In that case...did I sway pink? LOL....I'm not this stupid in real life, I promise!
    Started with:

and FINALLY
    and then:
    arriving December 2014

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Anything which lowers fertility seems to sway pink - so less cervical mucus and hostile (acidic) cervical mucus will do that. On IG they believe low pH affects only boy sperm but AS's view is that it lowers sperm count overall (which we want to sway pink) by killing some of the sperm of both types.

Rephresh is designed to be used every 3 days - it adheres to the wall of the V so it keeps working every time something with a higher or lower pH is introduced during that time frame. I would aim to use the Rephresh the morning of your attempt or the morning of the day before your attempt, so it will still be working but won't do too much to prevent pregnancy. If you want to use another of the acid gels (like Replens or Aci-jel) an hour or so before your attempt then you can, you just can't use vinegar or lime with it (or douche at all because you may wash away the Rephresh).

You do not need to check your pH after you DTD and, in doing so, you may raise your testosterone levels which would be bad for a pink sway!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by dreaminginpink View Post
    Oh and one more thing I wanted to make note of in case it's not too late. I assumed I o'd yesterday because I had the side pains (always...every month) but this morning I got a VERY positive O test. So that could mean that I really will (or have) O'd today right? In that case...did I sway pink? LOL....I'm not this stupid in real life, I promise!
    O pains are very unreliable. I don't trust them at all, they can be days before or after O. Only OPk's tell you you are about to ovulate (and you still might not) and only 3 high BBT prove that you did in fat acutally O. I have O pains at random times, and sometimes I will get two or even three different +OPK "patches" but the BBT don't lie. I usually don't get +OPK's the day after I O, but some people do. I start taking OPK's on CD 10 so I can see the fade in pattern. From comparing past month's OPK's and BBT, I know I usually O about 36 hours after that first +OPK. But like I said, sometimes my body gears up to O and I get +OPK's and then i get stressed and O is delayed a week and I get another set of +OPK's but O is confirmed by 3 high BBT.
    2010 2012 2015--home water birth VBA2C!!
    praying for one last

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi, can I tag in here: So we have established that PH is most important at the time of the intercourse and the 5 mins after.

So for example, your PH is 4.5 to 5 when you dtd and 5 mins after, most of the sperm that get up through the cervix are hopefully girlies. You are then going to ovulate a day later or so. Your PH then goes up to 7. Does that re-activate any boy sperm? What happens to all the waiting sperm when your PH suddenly rises?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast