Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    sorry, forgot to add that I bought Sylk on amazon.

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Even though I think that Vitamin C DOES sway girl, it is very alarming to me that it is also used as emergency contraception, and Vitamin C LOWERS PROGESTERONE which can doom a pregnancy and make the uterus inhospitable for implantation. Here is what I mean:

"Apparently the ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) interferes with the production of progesterone. Progesterone is needed to prepare the uterus for pregnancy as well as maintain a pregnancy."

Website here:

Using Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid) to Prevent Conception

This article goes on to say how putting Vitamin C in the vagina before sex can cause ALL of the sperm to die (not just some of them). I used to take cranberry supplements with up to 400% daily value of Vitamin C per day, but after reading this, I got scared that I'd prevent conception at all, and I started taking the baby aspirin instead. Hope this helps!
    We finally gave our 3 boys TWIN sisters!! so our full house is complete!!!

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh and I forgot to add that if a person is taking Vitamin C supplements over a long period of time in a supplement form (orally, not in the vagina), then it probably won't interfere with progesterone as badly as if it is placed directly in the uterus, because less would be absorbed into the body if taken in pill form. I still don't think it is worth the risk, though.
    We finally gave our 3 boys TWIN sisters!! so our full house is complete!!!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    WOW, thanks for that!!! I had no idea. Of course it is usually not used before dtd when ttc, this is just something us swayers think of I guess..... I think I might use it this cycle (I am not attempting until next cycle) as I have had a thrush recently (too much cervix checking LOL) and it wou ldbe good to restore my pH (regardless of swaying). Thanks for adding that info, scary stuff

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi nini, if we ttc # 3 I am going to try O+12 first. I have seen you and also Melody post on in-gender although can't seem to get on at moment, thinking it has finally died? I was interested in Melody's finding that her pH dropped at O+12 so I was thinking of using only Sylk for dtd. I liked the sound of Rephresh but I am sure I have read on here that it wouldn't be recommended for O+12 as it may take a while to act so acijel would be better. But I was thinking if your pH is already low you wouldn't even need this for O+12. I brought some pH strips but they don't change colour at all with CM. I had this problem when ttc my 2nd ds. Am waiting for AF to arrive (to make sure not preggy, but pretty sure I am not) and then I will order in all my supplements and a cheap digital pH meter and start to closely monitor my cycles to see if I can work out O+12. But I was thinking anyway as both ds were conceived on day of or day before a +OPk then dtd either 36 hrs or 48 hrs after a + OPK is probably a good bet as it different to what I did with the boys.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinky3Promise View Post
    Even though I think that Vitamin C DOES sway girl, it is very alarming to me that it is also used as emergency contraception, and Vitamin C LOWERS PROGESTERONE which can doom a pregnancy and make the uterus inhospitable for implantation. Here is what I mean:

"Apparently the ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) interferes with the production of progesterone. Progesterone is needed to prepare the uterus for pregnancy as well as maintain a pregnancy."

Website here:

Using Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid) to Prevent Conception

This article goes on to say how putting Vitamin C in the vagina before sex can cause ALL of the sperm to die (not just some of them). I used to take cranberry supplements with up to 400% daily value of Vitamin C per day, but after reading this, I got scared that I'd prevent conception at all, and I started taking the baby aspirin instead. Hope this helps!
    Anything very low in pH can be used as emergency contraception. In parts of Africa, they use a very low pH Sprite-type drink as birth control.

Vit. C orally in high doses also causes m/c as does cran which is why for people who choose to use these supps for pink sways, should not take them during the 2WW.

Vit. C in moderation, however, sways blue (nutrients in optimal amounts tend to sway blue and Vit. C can also help increase CM) and so I would not take Vit. C for a pink sway ANYWAY. Also why I don't advise cranberry - too many nutrients. Plus, quitting these supps cold turkey isn't good for you anyway so better to use aspirin for pH because it's safe during the 2WW and also does not add nutrients.

ETA - reading the link I just want to point out it is highly unlikely that anything stuck into your vagina 3 days after intercourse will do anything at all whatsoever because the sperm are LONG GONE by then.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; January 9th, 2012 at 12:13 PM.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinky3Promise View Post
    Oh and I forgot to add that if a person is taking Vitamin C supplements over a long period of time in a supplement form (orally, not in the vagina), then it probably won't interfere with progesterone as badly as if it is placed directly in the uterus, because less would be absorbed into the body if taken in pill form. I still don't think it is worth the risk, though.
    High doses of Vit C are not compatible with pg regardless of how long people have been taking them. Moderate Vit. C supps probably sway blue.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by jude17 View Post
    Hi nini, if we ttc # 3 I am going to try O+12 first. I have seen you and also Melody post on in-gender although can't seem to get on at moment, thinking it has finally died? I was interested in Melody's finding that her pH dropped at O+12 so I was thinking of using only Sylk for dtd. I liked the sound of Rephresh but I am sure I have read on here that it wouldn't be recommended for O+12 as it may take a while to act so acijel would be better. But I was thinking if your pH is already low you wouldn't even need this for O+12. I brought some pH strips but they don't change colour at all with CM. I had this problem when ttc my 2nd ds. Am waiting for AF to arrive (to make sure not preggy, but pretty sure I am not) and then I will order in all my supplements and a cheap digital pH meter and start to closely monitor my cycles to see if I can work out O+12. But I was thinking anyway as both ds were conceived on day of or day before a +OPk then dtd either 36 hrs or 48 hrs after a + OPK is probably a good bet as it different to what I did with the boys.
    We tested the RepHresh and it worked immediately, just as fast as any of the other jellies.

The reason why pH appears to drop at O+12 is because your body is no longer making EWCM so all you're doing is testing the pH of whatever remaining EWCM (if any) has combined with your low vaginal pH (always 4.5). Not accurate at all to what your pH REALLY is up inside in the Fallopian tubes where fertilization takes place. The Acijel, Sylk, RepHresh will help lower the pH of your husband's semen and kill off some sperm which will help sway pink.

NO ONE should rely solely on O+12 to sway because firstly 9 times out of 10 you won't even get pg that way and secondly because you are relying solely on O+12 to sway!!! Great if it works, but since the entire idea of O+12 was based on a study where only two people even got pg with O+12 - hey, I wouldn't base my sway on it, that's for sure.

Different doesn't always mean better - that's like saying, well, I didn't lose weight on the Atkins diet so now I'm going to do the opposite and eat only birthday cake...surely that's gotta work, it's the exact opposite! No, sometimes some things are neutral or worse than what you did to begin with.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    We tested the RepHresh and it worked immediately, just as fast as any of the other jellies.

The reason why pH appears to drop at O+12 is because your body is no longer making EWCM so all you're doing is testing the pH of whatever remaining EWCM (if any) has combined with your low vaginal pH (always 4.5). Not accurate at all to what your pH REALLY is up inside in the Fallopian tubes where fertilization takes place. The Acijel, Sylk, RepHresh will help lower the pH of your husband's semen and kill off some sperm which will help sway pink.

NO ONE should rely solely on O+12 to sway because firstly 9 times out of 10 you won't even get pg that way and secondly because you are relying solely on O+12 to sway!!! Great if it works, but since the entire idea of O+12 was based on a study where only two people even got pg with O+12 - hey, I wouldn't base my sway on it, that's for sure.

Different doesn't always mean better - that's like saying, well, I didn't lose weight on the Atkins diet so now I'm going to do the opposite and eat only birthday cake...surely that's gotta work, it's the exact opposite! No, sometimes some things are neutral or worse than what you did to begin with.

My other plan is to use Rephresh, antihistamine, supplements and diet and dtd on a +OPK. I don't what to muck around with cut-off as I couldn't get pregnant when ttc my 2nd son and want to get pregnant as soon as possible due to age and the $ I spent on supplements for 10 months swaying last time. Anyway hoping to start trying in a few months. Only worry is it will be exactly the same months ttc as when I conceived both sons but I really don't want to wait until our summer which would be the end of this year. Also my hubby couldn't do FR at all so I am not sure I can really do anything about this as I understand that abstinence isn't really recommended for us oldies? I am really nervous not doing FR so do you think it will be a be a huge flaw in my sway plan? I have seen the compressed FR info so will read up on this but to be honest I don't think he will even be able to do this because as soon as he feels under pressure he can't perform at all!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by jude17 View Post
    My other plan is to use Rephresh, antihistamine, supplements and diet and dtd on a +OPK. I don't what to muck around with cut-off as I couldn't get pregnant when ttc my 2nd son and want to get pregnant as soon as possible due to age and the $ I spent on supplements for 10 months swaying last time. Anyway hoping to start trying in a few months. Only worry is it will be exactly the same months ttc as when I conceived both sons but I really don't want to wait until our summer which would be the end of this year. Also my hubby couldn't do FR at all so I am not sure I can really do anything about this as I understand that abstinence isn't really recommended for us oldies? I am really nervous not doing FR so do you think it will be a be a huge flaw in my sway plan? I have seen the compressed FR info so will read up on this but to be honest I don't think he will even be able to do this because as soon as he feels under pressure he can't perform at all!!
    I personally like that plan way better esp. if you are older because (I am 41 myself so I am not just talking out my butt here)EVERY month that passes without conception, is another month that is gone forever from your fertility window.

I HATE O+12 for older women. When I was in the Mature Mamas group on IG, people were doing O+12 for months and months and NONE of them ever conceived (and some of these women STILL do not have a baby and I think back to those days when they were doing O+12 and douching and I wonder, what if???) The older we get, the less time our eggs tend to live, and there is no proof that O+12 is even SAFE! Personally I would not want to use an egg that was just about to die, to produce a baby, KWIM??

Hey, if you guys can't do FR, if you can't do compressed FR, IT'S OK. Remember, all those couples out there who got baby girls without ever giving it a moment of thought (which is most of them!) did none of these things! You're still swaying, even if you can only do diet, antihistamine, jelly, etc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12