Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quesion about trigger shots

After they did my ultrasound today, they said they wanted me to take the trigger shot tonight at 11:30 p.m. and then they'd do the IUI on Sunday at 11:45 in the morning.

So we're going to be staying at a hotel that's as close as we can be to the clinic.

But what I'm asking about is, how dangerous are trigger shots. Because I was reading the possible side effects and they were really scary! And since we're having this terrible storm, it might be more dangerous to get to the hospital if I needed to.

What worries me is that I've been having this weird thing since May, where I get this where it looks like the lights in the room are flickering but I don't think they are, I think it's just in my eyes.

I've been to an opthamologist and he didn't see anything wrong. I have an appointment with a neurologist but not until Feb. 29, it was as soon as I could get it.

The thing about the eyes is that when it first did it, it was months before it happened again but since December it's been getting more frequent. Like, less than two weeks apart.

So I'm worried I have a seizure disorder starting, I have Hashimoto's Disease and that can cause this thing called Hashimoto's Encephalopathy, and that can cause seizures. Because I can't figure out what else this would be.

Anyway, so I was worried the trigger shot could cause whatever is happening to my brain to get exacerbated and give me real trouble.

So what would happen if I didn't want to do the shot? What if I just wanted to do a natural cycle? Would I then go in Monday? That would be better anyway since the roads have more chance to be cleared.

What is your opinion on the dangers of the shot?

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think you should be doing this at all. Just going to say it. You are not mentally ready to do this nor financially ready. You must take care of yourself before you are able to care for another human being.

It's called stress. Same thing you did last time you cycled. An IUI gives you one or 2 follicles. There is very little, if any risk involved with a properly managed IUI. They cancel it if you have too many follicles and clearly you do not if they are telling you to trigger.

The light thing is probably stress, not some rare syndrome.

If you do it naturally, it just won't work. Again, I don't think you should be doing this at all and you should really consider getting healthy first.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

3. Likes BunnyGirl19, atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Triggers are super safe, it's a hormone your body makes naturally.

Seeing haloes around lights at night is not uncommon. I'd guess that is what you're seeing.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

5. Likes CarolineSinclair liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm assuming you're triggering with hcg? If so, that's the same hormone that is produced during pregnancy (and in MUCH higher amounts than what the trigger shot would be). Keep in mind that the "side effects" you will experience during the duration of a normal pregnancy will likely be far worse than any effects the trigger shot will cause. Good luck to you
    (2010) (2013 LE sway opposite) HT (HRC 2018)

Cycle 1 HRC Nov 2015: 9 retrieved, 6 mature, 5 fertilized, 4 biopsied, 2 normal XY = NT
    Cycle 2 HRC Mar 2016: 13 retrieved, 12 mature, 11 fertilized, 9 biopsied, 6 normal = 5 XX, 1 XY!
    FET #1 Aug 2016: Chemical
    FET #2 Nov 2016 Immune protocol: BFP! HB at 7 and 10 weeks. No HB at 12 weeks Miscarriage.
    FET #3 Aug 2017 Immune protocol: BFP!
    arrived May 2018

7. Likes CarolineSinclair liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    And I would definitely not skip the trigger and attempt to go natural. You might as well just throw your money in the wind. I'm not familiar with your history, but if you have any unresolved ailments I would definitely put off ttc. Pregnancy and the added stress of a child will only make any untreated illnesses worse.
    (2010) (2013 LE sway opposite) HT (HRC 2018)

Cycle 1 HRC Nov 2015: 9 retrieved, 6 mature, 5 fertilized, 4 biopsied, 2 normal XY = NT
    Cycle 2 HRC Mar 2016: 13 retrieved, 12 mature, 11 fertilized, 9 biopsied, 6 normal = 5 XX, 1 XY!
    FET #1 Aug 2016: Chemical
    FET #2 Nov 2016 Immune protocol: BFP! HB at 7 and 10 weeks. No HB at 12 weeks Miscarriage.
    FET #3 Aug 2017 Immune protocol: BFP!
    arrived May 2018

9. Thanks atomic sagebrush, CarolineSinclair thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I get that light thing when the light levels are reduced suddenly. The first time I noticed it was in a cinema and I was pregnant and did panic a little. Since then it happens randomly about once a month. Pregnant or not.
    1st Marriage 1999 2002
    2nd Marriage 2008 2011
    #1 Dogus N Cyprus BFN
    HT July -Aug 2015 - Too beautiful for this world
    Sep 2015 FET at Clinic R CZ BFN
    Due July 2016 with a rainbow natural conception

11. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes CarolineSinclair liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry I only just now saw this.

I've seen thousands of women do trigger shots and have never had any ill effect from them.

I'm going to second Nuthin that I'm concerned about your anxiety rising just like it did the last time. I even wonder if your mind is playing tricks on you a little trying to come up with reasons to either not do this or make it not work because you don't feel ready.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No, it's definitely not imagined to try to avoid pregnancy. But the doctors I have talked to about it, acted like it was no big deal, so I didn't want to waste any more time over it. I mean it could be our wiring. I don't notice it in natural light. I have a lot of eye issues anyway so maybe it's just that.

Anyway, I did the trigger shot and it was easy! I couldn't believe how easy it was. And I did feel some mild nausea but not too bad.

I did the procedure yesterday so we will see. I don't feel as cramped as I did last time. I wasn't ovulating yet but they said I would be soon.

We'll have some fun stories to tell the child if there is one. We stayed at a nice hotel, my father and I, and got to meet others stranded due to the storm. We even ended up on t.v.! We met a newscaster and my dad told him a story about Johnny Unitas that the newscaster really liked, so he took our picture and told the story on t.v.

And when my dad went to the fertility clinic to ask about hotels, he ran into some people we know who are also patients there, apparently, lol.

I have a good feeling about this one! Wish me luck and pray for me.

14. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh good Caroline, I'm so glad it went smoothly.

Doctors always act like nothing is ever a big deal. The good news is, usually when something IS a big deal, you have enough time to deal with it at the time. Worrying over something that may not ever come to pass is not a good use of your life energy. THere will always be time enough to worry when you know it's actually TIME to worry.

Wishing you the very best of luck!!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

16. Likes CarolineSinclair liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks!

Yep, I think I was being a bit silly to worry so much about the light thing. If I've been having it on and off since May, you'd think if it was really terrible I'd be having other symptoms. And yes, I have an appointment in February so that's not far off!

I'll take your advice about worry. I just come from a worrying family, my mom was one, my sister is one, she worried about me like crazy when I was little and when she had her own child, she was even worse! Her daughter is 26 now and if she even just gets a stomach bug my sister freaks out. But I'm going to try to stop the cycle, it won't do any good and will only do harm.

I guess I'm the kind of person who thinks that if I worry enough and try to plan things like mad, that I can control life, and it really isn't that way.

The snowstorm turned out to be a good thing because it showed me that some things are just out of our hands no matter how much we pout and complain. And that God knows best! The storm was kind of fun getting to hang out at the Sheraton, meet a newscaster, watch the snow from a 6th story window. It also showed me how much my family really cares for me, that they would help me book a hotel and my father would stay with me and keep me company and help me get to my appointment.

If the procedure didn't work, I'll just accept that this wasn't the right time, but we did our best and that's all we could do.

18. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast