Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is Fertilaid girl friendly?

Hi Everyone A little about me I am a mom of 3, My Daughter is 16, my son is 13 and my youngest son is 9 and my 2 angel babies. I lost a baby boy when i was 15 weeks pregnant in 2007. I was taking soy isoflavones when i got pregnant with him after trying a year. My husband and I got the green light to ttc again from the doctor. I then found a forum that talked about swaying back in 2008. I was swaying pink, I was taking Fertilaid, 100mg of b6, 15,120 of cranberry, calcium + vitamin D 1,200mg, 800 mcg of folic acid, 500 mg of vitamin c, 81mg of baby aspirin, Sudafed and Acidophilus don't remember if i took one everyday. and I also used a finger tip of replens. we also dtd everyday, I j&d every single time. I did conceive a baby girl but sadly had to deliver her when i was 21 weeks pregnant and lost our baby girl in 2008. I finally built up the courage to ttc again. I'm not sure if i should do what i did with my last sway or change it up? I would love some opinions Thank you
    Last edited by LavenderRose; January 20th, 2012 at 03:06 AM.
    '95 '98 '02
    15wks: Gabriel born sleeping 9/5/07
    21wks: Jennasis Gabriella born sleeping 10/14/08

Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was thinking if it's better to take vitex instead of the fertilaid?

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk
    '95 '98 '02

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    anything that improves fertility usually sways blue, but I'm not sure exactly what is in fertilaid

less can be more when it comes to supplements and swaying pink - more supplements = more nutrients and more nutrients = blue.. so you might want to consider dropping the calc/mag/vit C and vit D. Here's Atomic's calcium conundrum: the calcium conundrum - CONTROVERSIAL

Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks rainbow I'll take a look at the link. Fertilaid is a fertility supplement. Screenshot_2.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    there's a lot of vitamins in that - that'd sway blue! it does contain some vitex, but I think taking vitex alone would be better than taking that, and I'd also consider dropping the other vitamins you're taking too

Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you rainbow! I'll be sure to get some vitex. I should have a plan and a list of new supplements soon. again Thank you
    '95 '98 '02

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    First of all I'm so sorry about your losses. Was your doctor able to shed any light on the reasons for them? Losses that late on in pg are not "normal" (not that any loss is ever normal, but just that it does not fit with the pattern of what most people experience) and should be investigated to make sure you don't have a larger issue such as RH, clotting problems, thyroid, or immune system issues going on because I don't want this to ever happen for you again.

It would tend to sway blue BUT if you are highly concerned because of your previous losses, you might want to take it anyway. It is up to you, what you feel makes the most sense given your body and history and what you feel the most comfortable with.

I would 100% for sure NOT take cranberry or Sudafed. Cranberry is known to cause miscarriages and stopping it cold turkey may be just as bad. Sudafed has terrible side effects and taking it with cran and baby aspirin just makes it worse.
    We use baby aspirin/aspartame + diet for acidity and then antihistamine to dry up CM instead. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-...echniques.html

Do you NEED the B6 for your luteal phase? If not, I would not take it. That is also too much B6 when you combine it with the amount in the Fertilaid - no more than 100 mg B6 MAX. You can make yourself very sick from taking too much B6.

500 mg plus the amount of Vit C in the Fertilaid is also quite a lot of Vit. C. I know people take it in this dosage on IG all the time, but high dose vit C (1000-2000) from supplements, not foods, can cause miscarriage, may cause cell damage in the fetus, and has been linked with preterm births so I think you need to take less/none given your history.

Also, not sure if you know this or not but you should never ever stop any vitamins/minerals cold turkey, especially B6 and folic. You need to taper off of them slowly over a period of 3 weeks to a month. On Ingender, we had several second trimester miscarriages that were 100% proved to be caused by stopping either B6 or folic cold turkey but they did not do a very good job of ensuring that everyone knew about this.

100% for sure I would take more than 800 mcg of folic - I would take 1600-2000 or maybe even more - I took 4000 mcg with DS 4 (DS 3 has neural tube defect) and some doctors advise people who have had unexplained losses to take more folic.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; January 20th, 2012 at 09:46 AM.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Atomic, Thank you! The doctor did a few tests after I lost my second baby and found out I have MTHFR c677t homozygous I have two copies of the gene. It causes folic acid deficiency, which causes clotting problems. I was prescribed to take one baby aspirin a day 81mg and 4 1mg of folic acid. I will also be on lovenox injections and progesterone injections for my next pregnancy. I might be put on B6 and B12 but I wont know until i go see him next month. I don't have a luteal phase defect. I was only taking the Fertilaid in 2008 because of the Vitex in it to keep my cycle regular. At the time I wasn't sure what brand was best to buy. I didn't know that about the vitamins i stopped taking everything cold turkey except for the folic acid. I'm not on anything now except for the folic acid and baby aspirin. I'm trying to come up with a plan with supplements and diet.
    '95 '98 '02

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That makes perfect sense and I'm so glad they figured it out. ((((hugs))))

In that case, you WILL need to take B6 and B12 because they help your body to use folic acid.

Personally, in your situation I would prob. go ahead and take a good prenatal simply because we really don't know how the nutrients work together to help each other.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you atomic when i go next month I'll ask him for NéevoDHA with folate prenatal
    '95 '98 '02