Thread: Increasing ewcm

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Increasing ewcm

I just googled it and found this.
    Has anyone tried any of these things to increase ewcm. I was taking EPO but it didn't really help, but I was also drinking coffee and not enough water.
    Are these ok for the boy sway?
    I used to drink tea but swapped to coffee cause I conceived my girls while drinking tea, not sure if that really matters but wanted to try something different.
    I've been ttc since oct/nov2011 and I'm starting to think something is wrong cause I usually only have to just dtd once without protection and I will conceive.
    I am wondering if it's because I have little to none ewcm.

Evening Primrose Oil (EPO) is said to increase volume & quality of EWCM. Suggested use, take 3000mcg daily (follow the instructions for when) from Cycle Day (CD) 1 until you O. Not suggested after O as there is a slight possibility it may cause uterine contractions, which you don't want when bubs is trying to implant. Note some people experience O earlier when using EPO - so watch your body.

Drinking HEAPS of water (your body needs something to make the mucus out of). Even if this doesn't increase EWCM it will probably make you more "moist" which is useful when you can't use lubes.

Drink a glass of Grapefruit juice a day (it doesn't taste as yuck as it sounds.)

Take the cough medicine Robitussin for a few days before O. It must be the one with only "guaifenesin" as the active ingredient. (Labelled EX, or Expectorant). It works by thinning your EWCM making it easier for the sperm to swim (see Robitussin for Fertility FAQ - Fertility Plus ).Drink heaps of water as you take it.

Raspberry leaf tea and green tea (though there is some evidence that green tea can increase the chance of certain birth defects)

Eating carrots,
    which are high in beta-carotene, which the body converts to vitamin A as needed (vitamin A increases the body's mucus production). Watch the amount of vitamin A you consume though, as over 10,000IU a day can be dangerous during pregnancy, though getting it as beta carotene through fruit and vegetables is perfectly safe.

Omega 3 oils (from fresh oily fish, fish oils or flaxseed oil)

Grapeseed extract

Lactobacilli

Increasing your intake of B vitamins and vitamin C, and taking a pregnancy multivitamin supplement.

Cutting out coffee altogether

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    EPO capsules and 2 l of still water a day got my ds2, of that I am convinced. I was doing everything to enhance fertility and didnt know about swaying then. xxx

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You need EWCM to conceive any baby and you ESP. need it to conceive a baby boy. If you're having no EWCM something's up and we need to fix that. Most of these things are already covered on here but just for the sake of ease, very quickly:

EPO - I like EPO and fish oil together, I think we're getting best results that way
    drinking water but don't go overboard because you can die from drinking too much water. Also, fruit/veg juice is even better than water, it will hydrate you and also add nutrients so drink fruit/veg juice instead or in addition to, water.

Grapefruit juice does increase CM

Robitussin is part of a blue sway anyway

RLT makes a nice uterine lining and will help with pg anyway, and green tea is already part of a blue sway

you should be getting ample Vit. A from foods. No one should take Vit. A supps when TTC (or ever really) because it is not healthy for you and can cause birth defects. Vit. A from food is safe.

Fish oil is already part of blue sway. I think you guys should stay away from flaxseed, it has some chemicals in it that may not be great for blue. You get just as good of results or better from EPO+ fish oil.

Re grapeseed extract - you can if you want to but I think on a blue diet you're getting all the benefits that grapeseed extract has while not risking the unknowns - who even knows what grapeseeds do to you?? Not enough info.

lactobacilli - all swayers should take a probiotic anyway to help prevent YI while swaying and probiotics help you absorb nutrients from your food so good for blue

you should be taking a prenatal with B vites and C in it already for your blue sway. Don't take megadoses of any vitamin tho, esp. C because it may make you acidic.

re coffee, high caff intake seems to sway pink, moderate/no caff seems to sway blue. I drink a moderate amount of tea and I have 4 boys.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know that WATER and Vit C pills, B vitamins and fish oil, and Milk (not sure why) all increase my EWCM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Milk does make people phlegm-y but I didn't know that it made more CM! Thanks for sharing.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Back for my boys I drank tons of water and green tea. My favorite snacks were grapefruit, pineapple, and oranges (I ate atleast 2 daily). I did take double doses of prenatals (vitamin absorption defect) as a multivitamin because I was afraid if I every got preg I wanted it to be healthy.

I was the ewcm waterfall!
    Last edited by purplepoet20; January 26th, 2012 at 09:40 AM.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    PLEASE no one take double dose of ANY multivitamins at all ever. That is VERY DANGEROUS for anyone with normal metabolism and can even cause birth defects. The previous poster has an unusual condition where her body is not able to utilize nutrients in the same way that most of us are.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks atomic I forgot to write that!
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants