Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi! Newbie Here :) TTC Girl. Swaying like mad but need some opinions pls

Hi All,

I new here - can't believe i found this forum!!! Feel like the luckiest girl alive

DH and I are TTC number 2 (and more then likely our last) and I would really like a daughter. I cant speak to ANYONE about it (aside from DH) because my family and circle of friends would frown upon going to so much effort for a particular gender.

So far i am following a high calcium and magnesium, low sodium pottasium diet, and will be planning on using the shettles timing. I (foolishly I think) purchase the Gen Select pack online, which contains suppliments and douche

There is a whole minefield of information out there about diets, so was hoping someone could look over my current diet and tell me wether i have kinds got it right?
    Any suggestions or feedback would be appreciated

Breakfast:
    - All bran
    - Puffed Rice
    - Natural Yoghurt
    - Full cream milk
    OR boiled egg and toast

Morning Snack
    - Apple or Pear

Lunch
    - Wholegrain sandwich with unsalted butter and lowest sodium peanut butter
    Or Puffed Rice Crackers OR low sodium crispbread
    - cucumber slices (i LOVE cucumber)
    - Celery sticks
    - carrot sticks
    - snow peas (raw)
    - full fact milk

Afternoon snack
    - Unsalted peanuts or cashews or pumpkin seeds
    - or some of the stuff from lunch
    - full fat milk

Dinner
    - something made using a combination of these ingrediants (not altogether obviously)
    White Rice
    Cous Cous
    Pasta
    cottage cheese
    tiny amounts of parmesan
    celery
    cucumber
    brocolli
    sprouts
    small amounts of onion / garlic
    lettuce

I drink 1-1.5ltrs of fresh water a day.
    In total about 4 cups of milk
    If i crave a hot drink i have a peppermint tea
    I will have a small handful of lollies now and again, or a cream biscuit

I dont always eat the foods i listed at the times i listed, i mix and match.

(just want to add the reason for the full fat milk is because i have a very fast metabolism and lose weight very very quickly, so i want to try and limit my wieghtloss)

I am also taking a cranberry supplement
    and a magnesium supplement.

I have been on this diet for 2 weeks so far (and i actually feel great!)
    By the time i am due to attempt to conceive i will have been on it approx 6 weeks (I am currently CD 10 and am looking to attempt in my NEXT cycle, ovulation will be approximately mid month)

I am charting my BBT (new to me!)
    Checking CM daily (again, new!)
    and using OPK (yup, new again!!)

I've completely cut out all caffeine, so has DH

When my next cycle starts i am planning to stop the cranberry and magnesium supplements, and take the supplements as directed from the gen select pack, whilst maintaining the current diet.
    DTD daily from AF finish to 3 days prior to ovulation (douche the last time we DTD)
    And then hope for the best.

Please share with me your thoughts and opinions on my foods and choices, this will probably be our last baby so i want to try everything possible to sway the gender to female

Many thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome
    Fathers Day baby!

Busy Mummy of 5 now working from home: www.oz.scentsy.com.au

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My personal opinion:
    Skip breakfast
    Leave away lettuce, broccoli, carrots

If you go downt the cal/mag route, you should add cal supplements to the mag supplements. THe Cal should be twice the amount of the mag (roughly. I take 1000 Cal and 400 Mag).

I am not sure about the full fat milk. In fact, to combat weight loss, I would probably have cream based puddings, vanilla ice cream etc.... Too much full fat milk isnt good hormone wise... but this is just my personal gut feeling. You need to feel what is best for you.

Timing wise - you probably wont need to douche 3 days before o as your ph will still be low then. If you do, you risk killing the sperms without any reason. I personally am fan of o+12, but some here arent, its a personal decision. You should also consider abstinence or frequent release for your dh, depending on his age (and your age). I know I could not conceive with a 3 day cut off (I am 32, dh 37). We opted for o+12 with our little girl with a 7 day abstinence. Just had my first attempt yesterday and did o+12 again. This time the abstinence was somehwat too long, almost 2 weeks, I think we we might not have been successful due to his age.

hope this helps x

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ps I would have strawberries on a regular basis as fruit, pear and apple now and then only.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    welcome!

I'd also skip breakfast and the morning snack too - studies have found that those who have breakfast every day are 65% likely to have a boy even if not swaying (or something like that), there's a link to the study in the private forums

current theory is that it's a good idea to keep blood glucose low, and this includes not snacking and avoiding wholegrains, etc.

nuts and wholegrains sway blue (glucose)

semi-skimmed milk is probably better than full fat

have a read of the trouble with timing topic, unfortunately Shettles doesn't have much evidence supporting it, and there is a lot of evidence saying the opposite sways pink more: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...le-timing.html

here's a link to the getting started topic: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/tryi...pink-sway.html

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    OMGOMGOMG the amount of calcium SHOULD NOT be twice the amount of magnesium. That is a ridiculous suggestion from another site. Too much magnesium can KILL YOU and no one should be taking more than 100-250 mg mag at the very most.

Nini, 400 mg magnesium is too much. Pleast cut back.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome! There is a lot of info on here that may not always match with the advice given on other sites or from Genselect so always feel free to ask about anything that seems confusing - our advice all makes sense but it contradicts with some of the other advice given by other places.http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...ete-index.html

1)diet - If you're sold on the cal-mag diet that looks great. I don't happen to believe calcium sways pink http://genderdreaming.com/forum/tryi...roversial.html but that is your call to make.

I DO very strongly urge you to switch to skim milk and also to drop snacks and start skipping breakfast. There are many other more girl-friendly ways to keep your calories up than full fat milk. Skim milk really doesn't have that many fewer calories than full fat does, and full fat has cholesterol that will keep your testosterone high.

I also think you should drop the nuts because they have a lot of healthy fats, but you do need SOME fat so you have to take that into consideration as well.

2)Caffeine - we are not sure that caffeine sways blue. You have to drink a fatal amount of caffeine before it "blocks" calcium absorption, and we are not even sure that calcium even should be well absorbed or if it should be floating around free to be excreted. Excessive caff intake seems to sway pink, moderate/none seems to sway blue.

3)Douching - I personally don't like douching and prefer that people use a longer lasting jelly like Rephresh instead http://genderdreaming.com/forum/show...s-and-RepHresh but that is your option.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also apples and pears are def. allowed on my diet and also on the French Diet I believe.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    OMGOMGOMG the amount of calcium SHOULD NOT be twice the amount of magnesium. That is a ridiculous suggestion from another site. Too much magnesium can KILL YOU and no one should be taking more than 100-250 mg mag at the very most.

Nini, 400 mg magnesium is too much. Pleast cut back.
    ^

Really, wow, I had no idea I thought to work best, calcium should be twice the amount of magnesium.... these tablets have 400 per day as the recommended dose. Thanks for letting me know, I will cut back to half a day.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks all for the welcome messages

Talk about information overload! (thats a good thing!)

SO looks like i will be skipping breakfast....its going to be really hard, im starving in the mornings...and cutting the snacking out will be tricky too...I just need to focus on PINK!

Will look at changing to low fat milk aswell.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast