Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Confused about teas (peppermint and raspberry leaf)

I am hoping to find out which (if either) of the two teas listed in the title are safe for a pink sway in dietary amounts. I was drinking several peppermint teas a day but I cut way back once I started Saw Palmetto, as my understanding was that those two don't play well together.

So I figured I ought to stop the peppermint tea. I then read good things about raspberry leaf tea, so I ordered some of that. I'm just looking for something to drink (in addition to Diet Coke and Crystal Light) in-between meals to help ward off hunger.

But then I just read this thread (http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-...ne-lining.html) where someone mentioned not drinking it in the two-week-wait, plus Atomic wrote, "RLT is probably fine, but I feel like it's a huge unknown for your sway. I wouldn't take it."

I just wanted to make sure I'm understanding correctly. Peppermint tea is fine for a pink sway but shouldn't be taken at all if you're on Clomid (I'm not) and only in really limited amounts (if at all) if you're using Saw Palmetto (I am) and it's not safe in pregnancy. RTL is good for late-third-trimester pregnancy, but questionable in early pregnancy and Atomic (if I understood what she was saying) does not feel it should be included in a girl sway.

Do I have all that right? I can do without any teas if I have to (especially if any would hurt my sway or a future bean), but something warm on the stomach sure has been nice at times.

Help?
    2013 (my pray+sway baby girl is here!)

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Raspberry Leaf Tea is a fertility tonic and may raise estrogen (which is why it's good for uterine lining.) I feel like it's an unknown quantity for swaying and should be avoided by pink swayers personally but I know a couple people are drinking it. Great for last tri of preg. however. I do think it's ~prob~ safe in very early preg (2WW) but when I drank it in the first tri with DS 3 I had very strong BH contrax when I drank it and for that reason I think it's best for baby to avoid it until pregnancy is viable outside the womb.

Pep tea is not to be drunk with SP or Clomid. I think there's a lot more info on SP, I think it works better, leaves the body quicker, and is much better tested than the pep tea is. they may work on different mechanisms of the same thing (lowering testosterone) and they both interfere with each other in some ways and may team up to overact in others.

Personally, altho every source I've looked at has dietary amounts of pep tea as safe, I prob would not drink it much (certainly not every day) in the first trimester because it's closely related to pennyroyal, an herb that traditionally is used to introduce miscarriage. But I can't control what everyone does and I know a lot of people drink it in pg and are fine.

Aside from that, both RLT and PT give you a horrible stomachache anyway (or me anyway) and there's not much soothing about them.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    RLT has some advantages and some disadvantages. I've been drinking it before OV for several months now (4+ months, lost count).

Advantages:
    Balances hormones (like pep tea does)
    Lowers blood glucose
    Lowers pH
    Improves uterine lining

Disadvantages:
    Can increase CM (hasn't for me, and I was very dry this cycle even without antihistamines)
    Contains extra nutrients (such as vit C)
    Can cause uterine contractions, so might hinder implantation

I've never had any tummy ache from drinking it, and actually quite like the taste (with a little sweetener added - and more pH lowering!)