Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Red face Getting in shape before TTC (DG – boy) for last baby in late 2023 – after 4 girls

Hi again,

I’m back (again,… again) :P
    I probably sound like a broken record now, so sorry in advance! Here to get myself ready for a last try at getting our (elusive) son after now 4 daughters.

My first two daughters were conceived after a long time TTC, with the help of Clomid (and other things). No sway as such.
    #3 was a HE sway – obviously didn’t work…and #4 was an unplanned bub so no sway though in practice, I had started gearing up to sway a few months later (still didn’t work though).
    I never thought I’d be looking at having 5 kids – but the yearning for a son is just too strong! So I want to get myself in the best possible place to have that final babe – though I don’t think we could realistically TTC until mid to late 2023.
    I am still considering GS IVF options but my husband will be really difficult to get on board; when we found out # 4 was another girl, he did voice he would have agreed to it with #3 (now you tell me!!! Grrr) had he known how deeply it affected me (I was crying non-stop for days and was adamant the only solution was abortion). Of course, and though now I have her here & I absolutely adore her (she is a ray of sunshine that girl!) I do know I could not go through that again (#3 was hard but knew there’d be a #4 – by #4, and a surprise pregnancy at that – I was in a BAD place mentally).
    He truly doesn’t (never has) cared about gender as long as our babies were healthy – yes, there is a lot of girl drama in our house (and they’ve not hit teen years yet – yikes) and it frustrates him (probably me even more ha - how I ended up being a girl mum eludes me still to this day) …but I honestly don’t think he feels like we “need” a boy (but I do, oh I definitely do, to my core).
    So I want to ensure I do ALL I can to sway my body into boy territory, whether we end up conceiving via IVF or naturally!
    That being said, if I could, I would love to do IVF, and do PGD/GS testing & freeze my boy embryos for later transfer (just changing jobs so I cannot be pregnant for at least a year) but given my age (over 37 now), I feel like I’d have better outcomes if I did a retrieval sooner rather than later even if we only did the transfer 12+m from now.
    Overall…
    I think I need sleep, I need muscle, I need nutrients LOL

Right now, DD4 is 14 m.o, still nursing especially at night (she has been teething like crazy for 6 months, popping 2-4 teeth at a time (1st canine is coming so the 3 others are likely to follow – which means she’d only have the 2y.o molars left to go – and hopefully = break in teething for a little while, YAY!) and bedshares because it is just so much easier for me) – so no period back for me either.
    I have had gaps getting longer and longer between babies (26months then 30 then 36) and still got girls even though I gave my body more time to recover, to have more cycles (& allow them to regulate as much as possible).
    I feel like nursing (or at least pumping so she can keep the benefits while maybe being less glued to me and so I maybe can get more sleep and be better rested) so my cycles are delayed a bit longer, so I can TTC not long after ending all nursing/pumping and return of cycles may help??
    I tend to get really antsy and massive nursing aversions come 17ish months – which is when my last two girls were weaned off completely – so hoping doing less direct feeds and some pumped milk partially at least at night would help while delaying those cycles a bit longer (and in the meantime, allowing me to get in shape, less tired, etc etc).
    The logic between trying for a shorter time between return of cycles (but getting cycles back later & giving baby more time nursing directly or not) and TTC is that it seems lots of boy mums because they are so fertile do tend to conceive boys soon after their PP cycles return. I’ve always had 6m+ post 1st PP period and TTC/ pregnancy (bar my miscarriage between DD1/2 where I got pregnant on my second cycle PP and I am sure it was a boy).
    This is the longest I have ever gone PP with still no period!

Anyways - that's my sleep deprived rambling...
    If anyone is wanting to sway blue but not quite yet, let's chat
    If anyone has the tricks for blue - let's chat too - I'll happikly share all my pink friendly tips and baby dust!

Lucky Mummy to 4 sweet divas
    (2013) (2015) (2018) (2021)
    (July 2014) (November 2023)
    Our sway didn’t work for #3 & we had a little oops for #4 but we love them all to bits... not sure if we ever will but somehow hoping we might add blue to the crew, to complete our family, one day...

Fingers crossed for TTC #5 (again) for early 2024!

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by LMSM View Post
    Hi again,

I’m back (again,… again)
    I probably sound like a broken record now, so sorry in advance! Here to get myself ready for a last try at getting our (elusive) son after now 4 daughters.

My first two daughters were conceived after a long time TTC, with the help of Clomid (and other things). No sway as such.
    #3 was a HE sway – obviously didn’t work…and #4 was an unplanned bub so no sway though in practice, I had started gearing up to sway a few months later (still didn’t work though).
    I never thought I’d be looking at having 5 kids – but the yearning for a son is just too strong! So I want to get myself in the best possible place to have that final babe – though I don’t think we could realistically TTC until mid to late 2023.
    I am still considering GS IVF options but my husband will be really difficult to get on board; when we found out # 4 was another girl, he did voice he would have agreed to it with #3 (now you tell me!!! Grrr) had he known how deeply it affected me (I was crying non-stop for days and was adamant the only solution was abortion). Of course, and though now I have her here & I absolutely adore her (she is a ray of sunshine that girl!) I do know I could not go through that again (#3 was hard but knew there’d be a #4 – by #4, and a surprise pregnancy at that – I was in a BAD place mentally).
    He truly doesn’t (never has) cared about gender as long as our babies were healthy – yes, there is a lot of girl drama in our house (and they’ve not hit teen years yet – yikes) and it frustrates him (probably me even more ha - how I ended up being a girl mum eludes me still to this day) …but I honestly don’t think he feels like we “need” a boy (but I do, oh I definitely do, to my core).
    So I want to ensure I do ALL I can to sway my body into boy territory, whether we end up conceiving via IVF or naturally!
    That being said, if I could, I would love to do IVF, and do PGD/GS testing & freeze my boy embryos for later transfer (just changing jobs so I cannot be pregnant for at least a year) but given my age (over 37 now), I feel like I’d have better outcomes if I did a retrieval sooner rather than later even if we only did the transfer 12+m from now.
    Overall…
    I think I need sleep, I need muscle, I need nutrients LOL

Right now, DD4 is 14 m.o, still nursing especially at night (she has been teething like crazy for 6 months, popping 2-4 teeth at a time (1st canine is coming so the 3 others are likely to follow – which means she’d only have the 2y.o molars left to go – and hopefully = break in teething for a little while, YAY!) and bedshares because it is just so much easier for me) – so no period back for me either.
    I have had gaps getting longer and longer between babies (26months then 30 then 36) and still got girls even though I gave my body more time to recover, to have more cycles (& allow them to regulate as much as possible).
    I feel like nursing (or at least pumping so she can keep the benefits while maybe being less glued to me and so I maybe can get more sleep and be better rested) so my cycles are delayed a bit longer, so I can TTC not long after ending all nursing/pumping and return of cycles may help??
    I tend to get really antsy and massive nursing aversions come 17ish months – which is when my last two girls were weaned off completely – so hoping doing less direct feeds and some pumped milk partially at least at night would help while delaying those cycles a bit longer (and in the meantime, allowing me to get in shape, less tired, etc etc).
    The logic between trying for a shorter time between return of cycles (but getting cycles back later & giving baby more time nursing directly or not) and TTC is that it seems lots of boy mums because they are so fertile do tend to conceive boys soon after their PP cycles return. I’ve always had 6m+ post 1st PP period and TTC/ pregnancy (bar my miscarriage between DD1/2 where I got pregnant on my second cycle PP and I am sure it was a boy).
    This is the longest I have ever gone PP with still no period!

Anyways - that's my sleep deprived rambling...
    If anyone is wanting to sway blue but not quite yet, let's chat
    If anyone has the tricks for blue - let's chat too - I'll happikly share all my pink friendly tips and baby dust!

Hey! I was wondering if you would be back!! I followed your suprise baby pregnancy in the due date group. Glad you're back!

I'm currently at 3 girls and our situations sound similar with husband's not caring the gender but us wanting a boy

No advice as I haven't had a successful sway (yet ) but your situation sounds good so far with the current age gap!

I'll be cheering for blue for you!