Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok - well, I just ordered some OPKs just to be able to get a feel for things at least
    On the WE, from a random conversation with my eldest (she really wants a baby brother!) and hubby (who used the opportunity of explaining statistics to the 9 year old LOL) - citing scientific studies showing that gender can be swayed to an extent so why not leverage that??
    I think he may be not closed to TTC and doing small "harmless" (it's not the "interference" that he is against for IVF) steps towards blue such as supps, eating well, gaining muscle and (I emphasized the whole "lotta sex" thing afterwards, that seemed to light his eyes up haha)...
    While this is not the IVF/GS green light I would obviously prefer, it still is probably going to be the best I'll get so have to make the most of it.
    The planner in me is therefore trying to find out the best timeframe for TTC so that I can nudge him that way slowly LOL
    Lucky Mummy to 4 sweet divas
    (2013) (2015) (2018) (2021)
    (July 2014) (November 2023)
    Our sway didn’t work for #3 & we had a little oops for #4 but we love them all to bits... not sure if we ever will but somehow hoping we might add blue to the crew, to complete our family, one day...

Fingers crossed for TTC #5 (again) for early 2024!

2. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice! Let me know how I can help!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic!
    Will start testing next cycle and likely come back with some questions...probably even Qs in between because, do I ever bloody stop asking myself questions about everything?? LOL
    Our sway didn’t work for #3 & we had a little oops for #4 but we love them all to bits... not sure if we ever will but somehow hoping we might add blue to the crew, to complete our family, one day...

5. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I love your questions!! Keep em coming!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    EF2B1485-E224-4B0C-AAC1-62348F9E95D9.jpeg
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I love your questions!! Keep em coming!
    Naaaw .. you rock !

Sooo … in that case :P would this collagen powder be ok??
    It has a bit of soy which is as emulsifier not protein (the base here is whey) - not sure if I’m overthinking it or if I should just skip it altogether though my sway is far away I don’t want to mess it up
    Last edited by LMSM; August 25th, 2022 at 10:32 PM. Reason: Forgot to add screenshot .. duh!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes that's fine, the soy lecithin is just a little bit of chemistry to help the consistency of the product. Not enough to sway, the protein comes from the whey protein. It does have the artificial sweeteners but I'm not finding small intakes of them to be strong swayers.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Yes that's fine, the soy lecithin is just a little bit of chemistry to help the consistency of the product. Not enough to sway, the protein comes from the whey protein. It does have the artificial sweeteners but I'm not finding small intakes of them to be strong swayers.
    Great , thanks! The artificial sweetness would be the only source at all - I use either raw sugar or date/maple syrups otherwise

10. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My gut tells me that would not make any difference at all!

12. Thanks LMSM thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks!!
    Seems like my OPKS are arriving today - just as I am just about to O so might be able to take a test this afternoon just for fun/confirmation (I know that a test alone means nothing as such :P) ... this cycle is definitely feeling better than the last ...
    TMI warning
    ...CM has been very obvious (almost too much haha) so that's reassuring LOL
    I think I read that you think watery CM is as good as EWCM for fertility - will see how O ends up lining up but seems like I get a couple of days of watery (like suuuper slippery) Cm and had clear EWCM yesterday...suspect O today possibly at most tomorrow
    In a TTC context, we'd be going at it as much as possible with attempts as soon as I get that slippery watery CM, correct??
    I just feel like if I wait for EWCM, it reduces the window a lot possibly (again, will see how the next cycles track and pattern is so I have a rough idea...I know that every cycle is bound to vary slightly at least).

I'm not even TTC but am excited at the prospect .. and feel like I am building my exercise and diet into habits which feels good
    Last edited by LMSM; August 29th, 2022 at 06:04 PM.

14. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes the watery is considered just as good. The slippery CM just is very good at absorbing additional liquid, and that can make what comes out seem watery-ier, LOL than what people are expecting. But it's all good.

As long as you're not wanting timing, then it is certainly possible to just use your EWCM as your guideline. Do be aware tho, that some of us have EWCM for a LONNGGGG time before O in some months. I have gotten EWCM as early as CD 3 - now, it's not the norm of course, but certainly 5 or even 7 days before O is something quite common that many people experience. I mention all this because I don't want you guys going at it like complete bunnies too early UNLESS hubby can keep up the pace the whole time. We don't want you guys to have 47 attempts the first day you see EWCM and then have hubby shooting dust by the time the egg appears. So pace yourselves and use some judgement based on where you are in the month, as well (although this can of course vary by month, the odds are pretty good you're probably not going to be Oing as soon as CD 7, KWIM??) about how many attempts to have per day.

Now, in terms of worrying that you're waiting till too late, you guys can be doing the every 2-4 days pattern so there's always some action happening even before you see the EWCM!

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast