Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Does anyone NOT check PH?

My hanna broke, I dropped it on the floor the day after ovulation and it wont switch on anymore. I am now contemplating if there is any point for me to get a new one when I wont do any douching anyway (I plan to use RepHresh and Sylk). I have monitored my cycles a lot now incl ph and I kind of know that my ph will spike approx. 24 hours after first positive opk. I also know dh's ph is super low as is our combined. The thought of not measuring ph seems like such an exciting idea now, no stressing over ph, yay. But I guess it would be a bit of an adventerous sway, not measuring ph, right? does anyone NOT measure ph and just do diet ....and praying?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My pH monitor just sits in my cupboard these days. All I do now is diet, temp, and OPKs. Basically going with a very relaxed sway, but I am happy with that. I am glad my OCD days are behind me!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I didn't bother, I just used RepHresh. When I did try (before TTC) the paper would just seem to be different colours in different places and then the dye would seem to wipe off... so I gave up! Not worth the stress.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't really. I never got a digitalt tester; instead, just a pack of little pH strips. I've gotten it to change color by checking DH's supply (8ish) and also by testing right after we've DTD (7ish), but I can never get it to change color just from my own CM. It just stays orange and looks dampish. So either my pH is already in the 4-5 zone or I have that low ionic strength whatnot that means I can't get the paper to change.

But I figure I'm doing all the right pH-lowering stuff (Diet Coke and Crystal Light, baby aspirin and I will be using RepHresh), so I'm not going to worry about it. Either all of that is working or it's not; knowing that it's not would just add stress which would raise my testosterone. So consider me a sister in not testing!
    2013 (my pray+sway baby girl is here!)

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I prefer it if people don't check pH. I think it only sets people up to get all worked up over something that doesn't even sway in the ways that people claim it does anyway.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not going to test pH either. I know I will get OCD on it, therefore raising my testosterone.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I didn't test it around my attempt, just used a pH paper occasionally to test out some of the gels I was planning on using.
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I prefer it if people don't check pH. I think it only sets people up to get all worked up over something that doesn't even sway in the ways that people claim it does anyway.
    EXACTLY!
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not planning on ttc until end of March and I am not planning on testing pH. I will use baby aspirin and crystal light, plus I will be 2 months on the LE diet. I feel confident that will be enough (I may or may not use RepHresh, due to my age). Just like here_we_go! said, pH testing would just lead me to Testosterone city!
    Mom to 3 wonderful boys waiting for our

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I stopped testing too
    Fathers Day baby!

Busy Mummy of 5 now working from home: www.oz.scentsy.com.au

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast