Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for your detailed explanations Atomic!! It makes more sense to me now how to do the pink diet! I have not yet registered with the Dreaming Members section (which I will now) as I do not usually have much time to go online these days.

Initially I was doing a round of practice doing the IG ttc girl diet which restricted me from consuming a variety of food, but I found out that I mostly ate white carbs only (in big quantity!) and I wasn't to sure if I was doing the right thing. Sometimes I observe people who have DDs and their eating habits show that they are likely to skip meals, rather than only consume specific foods. I did not know anyone who did not eat potatoes, tomatoes, or red meat not being able to conceive girls. Many of my girlfriends who have DDs aren't so picky about ingredients they just eat whatever they fancy, whether it's chilli sauce, potato chips, etc but one thing I notice is that they hardly snack throughout the day and tend to skip breakfast. Now this eating habit is hard for me to follow! I might be able to follow it closely, but might not get my body into the "right" state to enable girls conception happening.

Also, if there's no such acidifying/alkalinizing thing for swaying, then how much does supps (vitex, calcium, cranberry tabs), gels, and baby aspirin/zyrtec help to sway pink? Aren't we supposed to lower our CM PH, which can be done by eating off acidifying food?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, I have seen like 700 failed pink sways where people were eating massive amounts of pasta, drinking gallons of milk and yogurt and tahini, and Craisins by the truckload and then were shocked when their sways failed. I mean they were eating MORE swaying pink than they ever ate when they were swaying blue! Then you ahve someone like my mom who eats whatever she wants, certainly didn't avoid potato or tomato, and only ever drank 1/2 c of milk a day, 5 days a week, at school because she was a teacher and wanted the kids to drink THEIR milk, but only ever ate 2 meals a day, rarely snacked, not a lot of fat or protein except on holidays, and lived on black coffee and iced tea the rest of the day and chewed sugarfree gum all day long. Had mostly girls.

Re acidity/alkalinity - it's not that I don't think acidity in CM can't play at least some role, but just that it is pretty obvious to me that diet is not at all effective at changing the pH of the CM. If you have the other supps (of the supps you list, only cranberry and baby aspirin are really for acidity - Zyrtec can help with acidity but only because it dries up alkaline CM, it doesn't change the pH any). Vitex has nothing to do with pH, calcium actually RAISES pH

And aside from that, it's very probable that it is nothing to do with X sperm "loving" low pH and Y sperm "loving" high pH because ALL sperm thrive in pH that is slightly more alkaline than neutral and X and Y sperm are equally hardy and long lived. It's because less, drier CM that is more hostile to sperm, kills off ALL sperm leaving fewer to fertilize the egg, and some mechanism that we do not yet understand, sways by having fewer sperm (of BOTH genders) in the female repro tract and onhand to fertilize the egg. The jelly is a HECK of a lot more effective at lowering pH than eating certain foods could ever be because your body doesn't WANT your pH to be low at ovulation, it wants pH in the 7's to enable max. numbers of sperm of BOTH genders to survive.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

3. Likes snowy_ice liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It is very hard for the boy moms to all of a sudden change everything. I found it easy to slowly push my am meal out, slowly lower the amount of protein, and watched what I ate with everything else.

I did eat pasta for awhile until this last cycle but from Jan14-AF and my bfp I hardly ate. Not by choice but because after several mths on the diet I was used to it and just went with how I felt. Also my DH was on a diet so for dinner I only ate 300 cals and maybe 800-1000 the rest of the day.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic, do you refer jellies as in lubricant gels such as sylk? It's amazing how we need to maintain low ph level in our vagina but in order to make conception happening we need to have slightly more alkaline ph in our cm so that sperms can survive and one of them make it to the egg.

If acidic ph level isn't something I should focus on, then how would my body know that I have low blood sugar level which can make the x sperms only to thrive in? ( stupid q's I knowww!!)

Actually after I found out that pink swaying diet is supposed to be a low everything diet, I'm beginning to lose appetite loll and its just something that perhaps I'll eventually get used to it like what purple poet said. At present I find that skipping morning meals is not hard but im still working on the amount of food I eat, need to cut down a lot!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Jellies are RepHresh, Sylk, Acijel, etc. Anything that lowers pH.

The deal with low vaginal pH vs. higher CM pH at O is that microorganisms of all kinds thrive in more alkaline pH so at any time of the month when you aren't fertile, your body likes to keep pH low to keep you from getting vaginal infections and even to protect against sexually transmitted disease.

I personally believe that for swaying, low pH helps because it kills off at least some sperm, and for reasons we don't understand, lower numbers of sperm seem to = more girls conceived.

Blood sugar has NOTHING to do with pH. Two totally different things. Your body knows your blood sugar level because there are sensitive receptors that respond to sugar levels. Your body uses glucose to manufacture CM and the levels of glucose in your CM can rise and fall, we believe at least in part due to diet. But pH has nothing to do with any of it.

Also, it's not that X sperm thrive in different glucose levels than Y do becasue we don't know that to be true. It's that after the egg is fertilized but before it implants, XX is better about getting glucose from the environment than XY can and XX may even suck up too much glucose if you have a lot in your CM. So XY needs more glucose than XX does after conception (and this is the most proven part of swaying, with researchers actually seeing this happen in the lab). We don't know how this affects swaying before the egg is fertilized but it's very likely that something can detect which gender egg has the best odds of survival and makes you more likely to conceive a baby of that gender.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    atomic, if you drink milk/cranberry juice/ plenty of water all day (not meaning to drink lots or more than recommended calories you consume), would that mean your blood sugar level will stay elevated all day? For eg. If you drink milk an hour two before dinner time would that be OK?

I think I have seen many pink sway opposites happen from the IG site stats sheet when the ladies used Jellies! Although these products are supposed to lower your vagina (not cm?) PH, but I have a feeling sometimes the opposite can happen when you insert something...lol...

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    One thing I was wondering about my diet when I conceived DS back then was that I also LOST a lot of weight three months before DS was conceived. However, I went on a no/low carb zone and was mainly eating lots of vegies (salad + dressing), fish (smoked salmon), eggs, seafood, chicken and very little carbs, as well as snacking on nuts & dried nuts and freshly squeezed fruit juices. Hardly touched rice/pasta/bread. The only similar thing with i thought it could be a girl sway was the losing weight part. So do you think if i went onto that diet again would that sway more towards blue (which it did two years ago!) or pink, considering that made me lose weight fast and a lot.

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Loveychoc View Post
    atomic, if you drink milk/cranberry juice/ plenty of water all day (not meaning to drink lots or more than recommended calories you consume), would that mean your blood sugar level will stay elevated all day? For eg. If you drink milk an hour two before dinner time would that be OK?
    I was just searching for an answer to this exact question - my blood sugar is crashing badly - I need to eat frequently it seems.
    I have rice milk in my tea which I drink throughout the day, but was unsure if this counted as snacking between meals.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

I think I have seen many pink sway opposites happen from the IG site stats sheet when the ladies used Jellies! Although these products are supposed to lower your vagina (not cm?) PH, but I have a feeling sometimes the opposite can happen when you insert something...lol...
    Yes, you absolutely CAN keep your blood sugar elevated alllll day long via drinks. It's best to have your caloric drinks WITH your meals, not an hour before, and then to do only sugar free drinks between meals. That way your BS has time to drop after meals and before you eat again.

RepHresh (my preferred jelly) is not your typical jelly tho. It is designed to chemically react with stuff like semen and CM and actually brings THEIR pH down too. Whereas the other jellies, like acijel, replens, and sylk, when used alone without the RepHresh, sometimes makes people's bodies "panic" and try and wash them away by producing a lot of alkaline CM, and since the non-repHresh-type jellies are only designed to be a quick burst of low pH, they are more easily diluted/washed away than the RepHresh is. The RepHresh combines with any CM that shows up and a chemical reaction takes place that is supposed to lower the pH not only of the RepHresh, but also hte CM itself.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    One thing I was wondering about my diet when I conceived DS back then was that I also LOST a lot of weight three months before DS was conceived. However, I went on a no/low carb zone and was mainly eating lots of vegies (salad + dressing), fish (smoked salmon), eggs, seafood, chicken and very little carbs, as well as snacking on nuts & dried nuts and freshly squeezed fruit juices. Hardly touched rice/pasta/bread. The only similar thing with i thought it could be a girl sway was the losing weight part. So do you think if i went onto that diet again would that sway more towards blue (which it did two years ago!) or pink, considering that made me lose weight fast and a lot.
    Weight loss can help with pink sways, but when you're eating foods that are high in protein and healthy fats, you will lose very little muscle mass (keeps testosterone high) and the healthy fats provide your body with ample raw materials to make all the testosterone and estrogen you possibly need - even tho you are losing fat (makes estrogen) you are giving your body so many raw materials to make T and E from, that totally outweighs any possible benefit of the weight loss.

Also, meals with protein and carbs (even tho you were avoiding breads and stuff, there are carbs in vegetables and nuts and fruit juice)and then snacking on nuts, etc keeps your blood sugar nice and high (but not TOO high) for many hours after eating.

Best for pink is losing weight on at lower cal, lower protein, lower fat diet. Weight loss alone is only one piece of a much bigger puzzle.

Exception - anyone who is insulin resistant should NOT increase intake of carbs and I have a thread that can help you here:http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-...ar-issues.html and I am working on a more indepth one.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast