Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Breastfeeding mums of toddlers, how do you Do pink sway?

I am still bf-ing my 18 mo DS, though he doesn't need it anymore but he enjoys it so much that he looks for it whenever I'm around him. Hence There is not much I can do in terms of swaying at the moment. I obviously do not dare to take a variet of supps except cal + mag supps, and cranberry tablets for my UTI. I am also having a hard time doing LE diet as bf-ing makes me hungry all the time which makes me go for a tin of cookie jar every time I'm hungry (yes bf-ing has made me turn into a beast). The other extra thing im currently doing that sways pink is the mini pills - it contains estrogen only and dries up my cm a lot but not when I'm off the pill probably loll! However I feel that I am still at fail at doing the diet big time, so if I happen to be still bf-ing by the time I'm ready to ttc , what chances Do I have given my current diet is bad?

Id like to give this swaying a go 100% though as I long for a lil girl so much!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-...stfeeding.html
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...stfeeding.html

When you come off the pill you have a grace period of 1-2 months while your CM stays drier.

Personally, I had bad results taking cran while BF (both my kids - I was BF two kids at one time - and I had bleeding and bruising) and I only took it for 3 days. so I think it's best to skip those.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Id be keen to find out info on swaying pink and bf a toddler. I had planned on taking supps but now imnot sure?
    Timing ph levels and ions might be worth looking into i guess?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by bambinolla View Post
    Id be keen to find out info on swaying pink and bf a toddler. I had planned on taking supps but now imnot sure?
    Timing ph levels and ions might be worth looking into i guess?
    Hi and welcome baminolla!

Please read those two links I posted above, they'll tell you everything you need to know about swaying and breastfeeding! You can TOTALLY have a great sway while breastfeeding.

You can actually do a lot to sway thru diet while BF, and ions can't hurt anything (even tho I don't personally believe in them.)

Here's something about timing that you should read before you decide whether to include it or not. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...le-timing.html

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic, you've been so helpful as usual!! So glad at least I could have an attempt to sway while breastfeeding. I don't know how long DS will continue to look for my breasts lol.... but i think one day when he understands he's big enough to continue bf, then he might stop... lol.

I have been 'toying' around with my LE diet and been skipping mainly breakfast and have 2-3 main meals a day, though it's not as strict as LE should be but I've been told that i look like i lost weight and the most important thing is that my body still produces a lot of breastmilk which is still enough to nurse DS. I will try again with lowering my calories and see how that affects my breastmilk production. I just hope that I don't accidentally fall pg whilst stil trialing my LE diet!!

Given that my diet contribution is only worth 1/4 of the effort now, what other external factors I can do, besides supps? FYI I've been taking cran supps, although not everyday, but every few days to help with UTI, so far it's fine for both baby and I.

Let me know if the following are OK to increase my chances of pink sway:
    - baby aspirin/anthihistame/zyrtec on the day of DTD (2-3 hrs prior), whether it's attempt or not, but just in case.
    - vitex? I have very regular cycle though, my period came back 56 days post partum and AF shows without fail everymonth. Thus I am FERTILE and ovulating??
    - Ions? not much I can do as sometimes I am too lazy to invest in gadgets or buying goods that might end up being rubish at home.
    - rephresh / douching?
    - monitoring cm ph, etc
    - timing (0+12!!)
    - lastly, prayer!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you're dieting a little, losing some weight and still have enough breastmilk, that's perfect! Great job mama!

1)I would skip the aspirin, I don't think it's safe enough while BF.

2)Zyrtec is fine on the day of attempt (take it about 6 hours before tho, it takes time to get to max effectiveness) but be aware it can dry up milk temporarily, after 12/24 hours things will be back to normal again.

3)Vitex actually sways pink, it's not just for inducing ovulation. I personally would take it for a pink sway (and did take it twice while BF) and feel it's safe. You are probably ovulating if you're getting AF every month

4)I believe that just using lavender soap and lotion, going for walks outside, taking hot showers, and painting your nails every day and using nail polish remover, are all cheap ways to incorporate ions. I agree you should not buy any fancy gadgets because they prob. don't do anything anyway.

5)RepHresh every 3 days starting after AF and then you can use 1/2 or 1 applicator full 12 hours before your attempt.

6)I personally don't advise monitoring pH because people get too obsessed over it. If you use Zyrtec to dry up CM and RepHresh to lower pH, that's all you need to do and there's no need to do the incessant monitoring that some of the other sites tell you to do. (can you tell I conceived DS 4 with pH of 4.5! )

7)Have you read the following links yet? http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...le-timing.html and http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-...ry-o-12-a.html (this is a three part essay, with links in the first essay to the other two. Also has how-to.) I personally do not love O+12 becaue I think it makes it very tough to get pg.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    If you're dieting a little, losing some weight and still have enough breastmilk, that's perfect! Great job mama!

1)I would skip the aspirin, I don't think it's safe enough while BF.

2)Zyrtec is fine on the day of attempt (take it about 6 hours before tho, it takes time to get to max effectiveness) but be aware it can dry up milk temporarily, after 12/24 hours things will be back to normal again.

3)Vitex actually sways pink, it's not just for inducing ovulation. I personally would take it for a pink sway (and did take it twice while BF) and feel it's safe. You are probably ovulating if you're getting AF every month

4)I believe that just using lavender soap and lotion, going for walks outside, taking hot showers, and painting your nails every day and using nail polish remover, are all cheap ways to incorporate ions. I agree you should not buy any fancy gadgets because they prob. don't do anything anyway.

5)RepHresh every 3 days starting after AF and then you can use 1/2 or 1 applicator full 12 hours before your attempt.

6)I personally don't advise monitoring pH because people get too obsessed over it. If you use Zyrtec to dry up CM and RepHresh to lower pH, that's all you need to do and there's no need to do the incessant monitoring that some of the other sites tell you to do. (can you tell I conceived DS 4 with pH of 4.5! )

7)Have you read the following links yet? http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...le-timing.html and http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-...ry-o-12-a.html (this is a three part essay, with links in the first essay to the other two. Also has how-to.) I personally do not love O+12 becaue I think it makes it very tough to get pg.

Wowww atomic! Your essay on "The TROUBLE with timing", which is really well written - really sums up what I have been thinking and worrying about!

I would personally not rely on Shettles timing theory alone, as from previous exp, DS was conceived when we BD-ed often (not exactly everyday without a miss, but it was rather every 2 days) on the week I O'ed with a lot of EWCM also. I am not sure which day of those days we BD that the sperm finally made it thru and conceived us a DS! So If i were to ttc pink, i am not even so sure if I should even aim for cut-off/O+12, although the latter sounds ideal to me as DS was conceived under a cut-off plus O day.

But, a question though - if Im trying for pink sway next, can I and DH BD every day (because DH will be terrible at abstaining!) , but skip one day only on the day of O? and try again the day after O? That is if only I can pin point where O is!!But that'd be the same as BD every 3-4 days then?? Maybe that's why TIMING is so troublesome!

Also, thanks heaps for your answers on numbers 1-6 above. Really appreciate it!!
    Last edited by Loveychoc; March 5th, 2012 at 08:20 PM.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic, one Q's about skipping meals. If i vary the meal times that I skip (not just breakfast, but could be lunch or dinner), which one is more effective at reducing overall blood sugar level? Many times that I just crave for breakfast then have lunch as usual, but then I feel like I'm too full for dinner, hence i'd skip dinner and not eat again till the next morning. Is that OK to do?

But there are days that I have super hectic morning that I am unable to eat anything till noon.. thus I've automatically skipped breakfast, then have my first meal at noon and dinner later in the evening.

If I must eat breakfast, the earliest that I eat breakfast is at 10 am though. I get up at 7.30 then drop off DS to childcare and arrive at work around 9.30, if I'm (terribly) hungry i'd then have some food but that's after 10am though. Usually after this I'd have late lunch which then would fill me up till I get home in the evening, which then I'd be so tired already and crash to bed and skip dinner!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Loveychoc View Post
    Wowww atomic! Your essay on "The TROUBLE with timing", which is really well written - really sums up what I have been thinking and worrying about!

I would personally not rely on Shettles timing theory alone, as from previous exp, DS was conceived when we BD-ed often (not exactly everyday without a miss, but it was rather every 2 days) on the week I O'ed with a lot of EWCM also. I am not sure which day of those days we BD that the sperm finally made it thru and conceived us a DS! So If i were to ttc pink, i am not even so sure if I should even aim for cut-off/O+12, although the latter sounds ideal to me as DS was conceived under a cut-off plus O day.

But, a question though - if Im trying for pink sway next, can I and DH BD every day (because DH will be terrible at abstaining!) , but skip one day only on the day of O? and try again the day after O? That is if only I can pin point where O is!!But that'd be the same as BD every 3-4 days then?? Maybe that's why TIMING is so troublesome!

Also, thanks heaps for your answers on numbers 1-6 above. Really appreciate it!!
    Why would you tho?? Because you're scared to BD on O day because you think it's "boy timing"?? If you do want to try that, just make sure that your DH releases that day (just not inside) and also that he has had at least 7-10 days of release without skipping a single day before the earliest attempt you do that could result in pg. Don't be skipping days because that makes sperm numbers go back up again. Have you read these yet (sorry if I already posted them)http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...pink-blue.html and http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-...ff-o-12-a.html

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Loveychoc View Post
    Atomic, one Q's about skipping meals. If i vary the meal times that I skip (not just breakfast, but could be lunch or dinner), which one is more effective at reducing overall blood sugar level? Many times that I just crave for breakfast then have lunch as usual, but then I feel like I'm too full for dinner, hence i'd skip dinner and not eat again till the next morning. Is that OK to do?

But there are days that I have super hectic morning that I am unable to eat anything till noon.. thus I've automatically skipped breakfast, then have my first meal at noon and dinner later in the evening.

If I must eat breakfast, the earliest that I eat breakfast is at 10 am though. I get up at 7.30 then drop off DS to childcare and arrive at work around 9.30, if I'm (terribly) hungry i'd then have some food but that's after 10am though. Usually after this I'd have late lunch which then would fill me up till I get home in the evening, which then I'd be so tired already and crash to bed and skip dinner!
    We don't know what's more effective, it's just that most people find it easier to stick to skipping breakfast! There's no magic to skipping breakfast, you can do whatever works for you!