Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Swaying under special circumstances Part 3 PCOS

Quote Originally Posted by Adia View Post
    That alone has made the biggest improvement in my health. I have mild PCOS and what a huge difference cutting back on carbs has done for me!!
    Adia when did you start cutting carbs? Did you conceive any of your girls on a low carb diet?

I also found a blog that recommended going gluten free for pcos. Anyone have input on that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Last edited by sbowman; October 21st, 2013 at 05:19 PM.

[2] healthy baby boy born in 2011
    [21 weeks] Nov. 2012 Went for a scan at 20 weeks, baby measured 17+6, came back for a follow up scan and baby had passed away. Lots of testing, no answers.
    Moving on without my son's brother. Starting our HT journey in 2014.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by sbowman View Post
    Adia when did you start cutting carbs? Did you conceive any of your girls on a low carb diet?

I also found a blog that recommended going gluten free for pcos. Anyone have input on that?

Its interesting to read this because I always thought that PCOS swayed girl, not boy. My mom and many friends with PCOS have all had girls. Disclaimer: my mom had mostly girls, she was such a yo-yo weight gainer/loser that she had both girls and boy and she used Clomid for both genders.

I had to go gluten free after having DD3 - I was getting really sick. I was forced to cut carbs then but since I have been doing the HE I have cut back even more.

No, I didn't conceive my girls while on low-carb, I am the epitome of an LE eater when I was TTC my girls. I just don't feel like eating most mornings and I enjoy feeling hungry. I am always trying to watch my weight and I gain weight much easier than I lose it.

I honestly think it is almost a body type tendency towards an LE diet than an actual deliberate thought process. Which explains why it is so hard for people to do the LE when they are naturally very HE. And it explains why I have gained almost 20lbs on the HE after 12 months TTC.

My Gender Dreaming

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's an interesting thought. It probably is a body type thing. I naturally eat a HE diet of course but I'm not over weight. My natural bmi seems to be about 21 and if I try to lose weight I can get down to 20, but the thing is everything I eat is healthy. Whole grains, healthy fats. I think that this is why I never noticed my tendency of insulin resistance before. I also stick to a diet of 1800 cals for weight loss with moderate exercise, always have strength training/resistance to build muscle, always eat a big breakfast and several snacks during the day. And I feel like I have a naturally muscular body type. I'm pretty happy with this except for the fact that I can't make a girl this way. :/

[2] healthy baby boy born in 2011
    [21 weeks] Nov. 2012 Went for a scan at 20 weeks, baby measured 17+6, came back for a follow up scan and baby had passed away. Lots of testing, no answers.
    Moving on without my son's brother. Starting our HT journey in 2014.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by sbowman View Post

I know of a few people who got girls on very strict Atkins diets.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just an FYI: I conceived girls while very low carb. While VLC did a great job controlling my PCOS it's negative side effects (especially for women) really damaged my health (definitely screwed up my thyroid). I have been having great success managing PCOS with Perfect Health Diet (PHD) and supplementing with resistant starch in the form of potato starch and plantain flour. I have been able to go off of Metformin and it is helping a lot of other issues as well. For anyone curious this link is a pretty good basic introduction: Resistant Starch 101 - Everything You Need to Know

The only downside I'm wondering about that this approach has worked so well to manage my insulin resistance and blood sugar I'm wondering if it will end up swaying pink (not what I'm looking for). Hope I did this right, I'm new to this posting thing - apologies if I neglected to observe any etiquette.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much!!! Very helpful info!! I am a huge fan of the Perfect Health Diet!!!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This is a lot of good info here. Thank you! I met with the RE today as we've been trying for a year, and I have borderline pcos

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry if this is a stupid question but I'm a bit confused about what you say to pick one item 5x per day on the pcos bit. Can you not have more than one item off these lists in 1 day? And what does 5 x a day mean?

I think I'm going to opt for the whole grains pcos style LE diet as my skin is Bad since having LO so if there's any chance it will help this and sway pink it would be great.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know that's confusuing, I have gone thru a zillion ways of trying to say that and that way seemed to confuse the fewest people.

You can have any of those foods in any combination 5 times a day, however that works out for you. If you want to have 2 eggs, 2 serv. of chicken, and scallops that is fine. If you want to eat only chicken that is fine. whatever works for you. YOu can have 3 serv. at lunch, 2 at dinner, or nothing at lunch, 5 serv at dinner, however it works best for you.

We have gotten good results on the alt. diets and I think whenever in doubt, use the alt diet. the only problem with them is that you may lose weight superquickly on them and also they are difficult to stick with for some.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Do you need to stick to this list when doing the alternate diet or can you make your own combo of foods as long as you stick to cal/fat/pro levels? I have been using foods off this list (sometimes more servings than what is recommended) and then adding in a few other whole grain choices to make it geared to what I like to eat.

11. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast