Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

TTC BOY-Made Mistake with IC need advice

Hi Ladies,

I am freaking out right now and would really appreciate some advice/feedback from senior members. We DTD last night, I inserted about 5ml of EW of 9.5 ph and then inserted the IC and had a big O and then removed IC (which had some EW in it still about 1 ml and i had about 2-3 ml inside me, 1 ml may have spilled) and DTD doggy style. This all seems fine however right after DTD I inserted the same IC as earlier with about 1 ml of EW (which was already in it from earlier when I removed it). After about 5 mins I realized that I should have cleaned the IC and removed EW (before reinserting after DTD) or replaced and inserted a new IC so that's what I did I inserted a new IC.

My concern is that when the IC with about 1 ml of EW was inserted after DTD for 5 mins would the Y sperm have swam backwards towards the IC and i effectively removed the Y sperm when I replaced the IC with new IC? Also removing the OC after 5 mins did I also remove some sperm alongwith it? Help is really appreciated to calm my fears.

Thanks

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There is really no proof that Y sperm loves high pH so I think it's unlikely "they" would be, hey let's swim down in that EW in the cup! Besides there was a lot more EW inside same pH so I think sperms was trying to swim up in the tubes because that's just what they do trying to swim to the egg!
    Sure you could have removed some sperms when you changed the cups but a lot more stayed inside!Also no proof the EW really would separate X and Y sperms for what we know you could have took some X out with that cup .
    So I think you have a good chance for that boy don't worry!
    +1

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No need to freak out. The sperm are really great at swimming forward, not so good at backwards and turning around, so the majority of the healthy sperm that was deposited into you would be going in the right direction. Also the X and the Y sperm is extreemly difficult to seperate from eachother even using high tech methods, so yes you probably did remove some of it when you changed cups, but it would have been a mix of both.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome!

I think it's very unlikely that in the shuffle of putting IC in and out, that you don't have any mixing at all anyway - I suspect that everything got pretty mixed up in there

Secondly, I agree with flava, despite the claims made by some other sites, we have little to no real solid evidence that Y sperm "love" high pH anyway. ALL sperm thrive in a pH in the 7's and it's likely that very high pH is just as bad for sperm as low pH is and the sperm want to get to the EGG, not to a particular pH. They follow a trail of chemicals that they can "hear" or "smell" to find the way to the egg and don't get confused by things like egg whites and end up going the wrong direction because of it.

Even Dr. Ericcson (who is the guy who invented the method that the at-home HT stuff is based on) has not been able to get any different than 50-50 X and Y sperm. For reasons we do not understand, this sorted sperm ~may~ go onto produce other than 50-50 conceptions, but there is no way that the Y sperm will turn around and swim the wrong direction!!

My actual concern is more that by taking the IC cup in and out you def. lost some sperm, there's no way you couldn't have. But the good nes is, after 5 minutes, a high percentage of the sperm had already left the semen to head into the cervix and so most of what you lost was just semen or yucky sperm that weren't going anywhere anyway.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ladies, thanks for your responses. They are reassuring, however in another site ingender there were several posts related to this and people specifically mentioning to replace or clean IC before reinserting and also to not ever put more EW after dtd to avoid sperm swimming the wrong way. I came across a post from flava (username in the other site) also mentioning this. Now there is the good news that I have positive bfp but I can't stop worrying about my mistake. Does anyone have any comments on the mistake made as it is really bothering me now. Also Any boy results after reinserting more EW. Sorry to repost this but I am freaking out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What everyone else said! xx
    Fathers Day baby!

Busy Mummy of 5 now working from home: www.oz.scentsy.com.au

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ttcchicago2012 View Post
    Ladies, thanks for your responses. They are reassuring, however in another site ingender there were several posts related to this and people specifically mentioning to replace or clean IC before reinserting and also to not ever put more EW after dtd to avoid sperm swimming the wrong way. I came across a post from flava (username in the other site) also mentioning this. Now there is the good news that I have positive bfp but I can't stop worrying about my mistake. Does anyone have any comments on the mistake made as it is really bothering me now. Also Any boy results after reinserting more EW. Sorry to repost this but I am freaking out.
    I understand that the info on IG at times conflicts with the advice given on here. But that's because they're wrong and most of their swaying info simply does not mesh with the realities of basic human biology. I used to be a swaying mod on InGender and I came over to this site because their info just does not hold up to scrutiny. flava also came over to this site after she got an opposite doing MSU!

The pH business was originally invented by a veterinarian over 100 years ago and the technology has advanced very little since then. Not even trained laboratories with first rate equipment and technicians with years of experience can get these pH based methods to work reliably. Trust me, as much time and effort has been spent trying to come up with methods to sway gender, if it was as easy as "Y sperm love high pH" then every fertility clinic in the world would have a method using exactly that because they'd make a fortune at it. But they don't, they can't, because it does not work. Even Ericcson sperm spinning with albumin gradients and swim up cannot alter the ratio of X and Y sperm from 50-50.

Look at it this way - if Y sperm REALLY liked super high pH, if that's what they were really and truly following to find the egg, then why would they ever leave the IC to begin with?? Wouldn't they just stay in the IC to begin with and never go anywhere at all? Anywhere they could go would always be lower in pH than the egg white.

Flip it around and look at it this way. If X sperm REALLY like low pH, if that's the only thing attracting them to the egg, then WHY would they EVER leave the vagina where the pH tends to be very low (and the further from the cervix you go (into the vagina, not the uterus) the lower the pH)? Wouldn't all the X sperm ALWAYS turn around and swim away from the cervix to find the lowest pH they could find and stay there? And for those doing TBM, why would the sperm ever leave the low pH of the splime to go anywhere else?? Anywhere they could go would always be higher in pH!!

Semen pH is in the 7's. EWCM pH is in the 7's at ovulation. Even the fluid that bursts forth from the egg when it ovulates (called follicular fluid) has pH in the 7's and sperm has been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt to be attracted to this follicular fluid. Every mammal has specialized blends of chemicals (nothing to do with pH whatsoever) in that follicular fluid that attract sperm of its own species to fertilize the egg. All the people walking around out there minding their own business who never gave any of this a moment's thought, managed to conceive boys and girls without using IC and EW.

There are reasons to be concerned, namely that you may have lost sperm when you took out and replaced the IC and you may have washed some away when you added more EW. But those things are not make or break. I think you have a great chance at your DG. Please, please don't let bad information scare you or ruin your pregnancy. I'm sending you all the blue dust I have at my disposal which is a lot!!
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; April 7th, 2012 at 09:27 AM.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I understand that the info on IG at times conflicts with the advice given on here. But that's because they're wrong...
    Okay, that made me LOL!!!!
    My awesome boys!
    (1988) (1991) (2010) (2012)

TTC my last one. A little girl, please!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    LOL I meant to stick a smiley in there and forgot!!