Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Does diet and ph matter during the 2WW?

Sorrry if this is a dumb question.... Is it important to keep your ph low during the 2ww and to stick to the diet or has the gender already been decided? And while I'm on the subject, I might as well go ahead and ask is it ok to have the big O during the 2ww or continue to refrain from that? Thanks for answering my questions!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Keeping your blood sugar low during the 2ww is important. If you have conceived a baby girl, it gives her the best environment to thrive (female embryos appear to like a lower glucose environment, while male embryos like a more moderate one). Note: If you have happened to conceive a boy, this lower glucose won't make him miscarry or anything ... it's just that you've worked so hard for a pink bean that if you have one "cooking" in there, you want to give her the best possible chance to implanting, growing, etc.

As for the rest of the diet, since you don't yet know if you've conceived, it's a good idea to keep up with the diet, since it would only be weeks four and three prior to your next attempt if you aren't pg. I'm not certain about pH -- I don't really check mine, but I do drink Crystal Light and Diet Coke and take baby aspirin all cycle and use RepHresh in the days leading up to an attempt. I pretty much stick to all of my swaying during the 2ww (except for drinking wine or vodka), since another attempt may only be a month away.

My understanding from Atomic is that you're fine to have a more normal sex life during the 2ww. You have to make sure swaying is something you and your DH can live with and if you're restricting DTD all the time, it could cause stress and tension. So, have some fun!
    2013 (my pray+sway baby girl is here!)

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Agree 110%!

The sperm are gone up inside your cervix out of reach of anything you put into your vagina very soon after intercourse. Don't worry about pH after ovulation, the good that pH does is when the sperm is still in the vagina, not hours and days later. I know the "other site" claims that pH can go up inside, but there's a ton of CM being produced by every nook and cranny that washes away everything. Like when you get a cold and your nose runs - stuff is going OUT, not coming in!

One thing I want to warn people about is checking pH after O. There is no reason to do it and every time you reach into your VJ, even if your hands are clean, you run the risk of introducing microorganisms that can cause infections and even miscarriages.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much for your replies ladies!