Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

True? early ov=boys, late ov=girls

I thought I read this in one of the in-gender study links, that early ov (short follicular cycle) usually results in boys and the opposite results in girls. Has anyone found this to be right? I have a pretty reg cycle, 26-28 days and I tend to ov on/between day 10-14 with a 14 day luteal phase. Would that be considered early or late? Hoping to conceive a girl later this year. Thanks!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have never heard of that to be honest. But wishing you much luck!
    Our long awaited is here!!!!!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by calico View Post
    I thought I read this in one of the in-gender study links, that early ov (short follicular cycle) usually results in boys and the opposite results in girls. Has anyone found this to be right? I have a pretty reg cycle, 26-28 days and I tend to ov on/between day 10-14 with a 14 day luteal phase. Would that be considered early or late? Hoping to conceive a girl later this year. Thanks!
    My cycles sound just like yours and I have both a boy and girl. X

brand new. Successful girl sway. Thankyou so very much Atomic for all your wonderful advice.

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Think I have a long cycle, about 35 days O about 18 and I have three boys. Not sure about his one?
    Love and Light x
    DS-2011
    Please:

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that this theory was proven untrue...

In my own case, I O'd on day 17 and have a boy.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There is at least one study which suggests this may be the case. However, I always O'd on day 14 and that's how I got 3 boys. While swaying (and messing my cycles up!) I O'd on day 12 and conceived a girl!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I ovulated on day 15 for my first son and day 20 for my second. So I certainly wouldn't consider either of those early ovulations.
    2013 (my pray+sway baby girl is here!)

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I ovulated on days 20 and 21 for my two boys
    and IVF/PGD

Cycle #1 - Antagonist protocol
    AFC=24

5/30: start stims (187.5 gonal f), 6/2: decrease gonal to 150 add 1 vial menopur , 6/5: add 2nd vial of menopur, 6/6: add ganirelix, 6/9: no meds, do trigger, 6/11: ER 21 retrieved, 13 mature, 13 fertilized, 9 biopsied, 6/16: transferred 1 XX...bfp! Betas: 10dp5dt 283, 12dp5dt 807, 19dp5dt 8762, 7/21: 7w5d HB 155!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    there is a study that showed that girls are conceived from OV that is, on average, a few days later than for boys:
    http://humrep.oxfordjournals.org/con...3/611.full.pdf

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This is one of those topics where there is something there in terms of the science, but SOOOO many exceptions that no one needs to stress over it whatsoever.

I strongly suspect that it's more likely that people with regular cycles tend to have more boys, and people with oddball cycles (or in months when you have oddball cycles) are more likely to have girls. However, this "rule" is complicated by people with PCOS who often have very long cycles and have more sons due to higher testosterone levels.

Basically, the reason why the cycles are short/long can't be overlooked - if your cycle is suddenly long because dropping estrogen levels making it harder to ovulate or very short because your body has stoped making excessive testosterone and has begun focusing more on progesterone and estrogen, then both those scenarios can mean you're more likely to conceive a girl. On the other hand, if your cycle is long because you have PCOS (even mild and undiagnosed) and you are making scads of testosterone that is interfering with ovulation, you would be more likely to conceive a boy.

These hormones are very complicated so please let me know if this is not clear.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast