Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Umm I just hope you find another doctor because this one is mean. I would have just told him what I think and left.
    +1

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The science indicates that Clomid does sway. Not a magic pink pill, of course.
    I realize fully that you cannot look at a few people in isolation and see what is really going on. But I do believe if it sways, its very slight. I have seen people post, "oh you used Clomid, I bet you'll get a girl!" I don't think its anywhere near that strong of a sway. When I was TTC #4 I was of course curious if the Clomid sways girl (even though I wasn't trying to sway) and I did not find any good research that points to a strong sway factor for Clomid. The best I could find was a few articles that said 51-49 girl boy, but they were small studies too. Maybe there have been new studies out as this was a few years ago... I would love to see the research.
    Love my 4 happy, healthy, handsome boys. Thinking of trying HT for a girl.

Twin boys! My easy to conceive, biggest suprise of my life, pregnancy. I was young then!

Clomid baby

Clomid baby

Cycle #1 at Reproductive Care Center
    Planned SET
    FSH: 11 AMH: 1.16 AFC: 12
    Antagonist: 375 Bravelle stim for 9 days
    ER: 15 eggs, 13 mature, 10 fertilized
    transferred 1 normal xx hatching blast
    BFP at 6dp5dt -- chem preg

4 more fresh cycles and 4 FETs later...finally pregnant at 39 with a baby girl.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The studies I have range between 2%-3% of people who are prescribed Clomid for medical reasons, which is very far from a guarantee, you're quite right about that but still in the world of gender swaying, 2-3% variation in gender ratio means something. Esp. since the subset of women who NEED Clomid to induce ovulation is a preselected group that may be more "set' for boys than others.

The interesting thing is that when people have been given Clomid NOT to induce ovulation for medical reasons (PCOS), but as a method for testing other swaying factors has seemed to indicate that Clomid actually may sway quite strongly pink. When it's used in timing studies, it's seemed to be quite effective and since timing doesn't actually sway and studies that do NOT use Clomid have proven that timing doesn't sway, the only conclusiuon to be drawn is that the Clomid is swaying.

I can tell I'm rubbing you the wrong way and I do apologize - I would certainly NEVER say Clomid means you'll get a girl for sure to anyone. However, I do think the data indicates that it does sway gender in those prescribed it for medical reasons and may sway even more strongly in the population as a whole. I understand that you want to look out for the best interests of everyone and make sure the info is correct and I appreciate and respect that.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; March 24th, 2012 at 01:21 PM.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    The studies I have range between 2%-3% of people who are prescribed Clomid for medical reasons, which is very far from a guarantee, you're quite right about that but still in the world of gender swaying, 2-3% variation in gender ratio means something. Esp. since the subset of women who NEED Clomid to induce ovulation is a preselected group that may be more "set' for boys than others.

The interesting thing is that when people have been given Clomid NOT to induce ovulation for medical reasons (PCOS), but as a method for testing other swaying factors has seemed to indicate that Clomid actually may sway quite strongly pink. When it's used in timing studies, it's seemed to be quite effective and since timing doesn't actually sway and studies that do NOT use Clomid have proven that timing doesn't sway, the only conclusiuon to be drawn is that the Clomid is swaying.

I can tell I'm rubbing you the wrong way and I do apologize - I would certainly NEVER say Clomid means you'll get a girl for sure to anyone. However, I do think the data indicates that it does sway gender in those prescribed it for medical reasons and may sway even more strongly in the population as a whole. I understand that you want to look out for the best interests of everyone and make sure the info is correct and I appreciate and respect that.

Due to the fact that I do believe it increases twin I won't go on clomid but is there anything else I should know about pink sway that stands out and I exercise everyday and so does hubby does him exercising 2-3 hours a day sway as well? And he eats what I eat which is now pretty much veggies and fruits and salmon and chicken once in a while

Noah blessed my life *2/16/2013*

TTC #1 for 15 months for
    ..It's a BOY. .

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If his testicles heat up while exercising, then yes, that does tend to sway pink by lowering sperm count.

Diet doesn't matter too much for DH but if he were willing to give up meat/fish, that may help and can't hurt.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    If his testicles heat up while exercising, then yes, that does tend to sway pink by lowering sperm count.

Diet doesn't matter too much for DH but if he were willing to give up meat/fish, that may help and can't hurt.

I'm not even that willing to give it up lol BUT we did give up red meat and swine for now until I conceive. But due to religious purposes he eats fish every Wednesday and Friday until after Easter then we will try our veggie/fruit/pasta only diet for a week but now since our year mark is coming I'm feeling like relaxing because no matter how much you try to remain stress free swaying is stressful especially when we've started with the IG diet and everyone around us is pressuring and questioning when will it happen. We just want a happy- healthy baby and pray for pink!! Swaying can sometimes be heart wrecking because our sway plan feels like its been going on forever

Noah blessed my life *2/16/2013*

TTC #1 for 15 months for
    ..It's a BOY. .

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I totally understand and just do what you feel in your heart to be best! for a sticky bean soon!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12