Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No, not a silly question at all! Thank you!

I didn't let anyone other than my husband know I was expecting until after my gender ultrasound a couple weeks ago, because I thought it would stress me out too much and make me have GD when I really didn't care too much about gender either way.

I did sway pink but it was not a traditional sway at all, it's in the Sway section.

Some people have gotten headaches on vitex. For me, it made my AF really light.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So for once in my life I guess I should be happy to be breaking out. At least I know the diet is working
    Our long awaited is here!!!!!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well congrats again Atomic.

Another question. I was skipping this cycle BUT dh & I bd the other day 5 days before O whoops. I havent been eating girl friendly at all. I used sylk took cranberry a vitex dtd missionary had a shower before & didnt jump & dump oh and had an O. I also had an antihistemine the day after for allergies. DH also abstained for around 4 weeks so all in all its very much boy territory lol now my question is someone on IG said she conceived he ds with a 5 day cut off. I honestly thought it was unlikely to conceive that far put from O. Anyway she also said that I neded to try & keep my ph low and strictly do the diet supps, check my ph until O. I was under the impression that once youve bd and the sperm is inside and on their way to the egg theres nothing you can do about ph. Is that right or should I be swaying like mad right now? Kinda seems a bit pointless now??
    IG seems to boast O+12 for the reason of not needing to try & keep ph low for the days after a cut off.
    Last edited by TickledPinkButLoveMyBlue; April 7th, 2012 at 07:03 PM.
    my amazing baby

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You are right, there is very little chance that BD that far from O could yield pg especially when swaying pink. It is possible, but that is under ideal circumstances for sperm survival and NOT usually with everything you have going on.

IG is big on "keeping pH low thru ovulation" but it doesn't work. Your entire upper reproductive tract is churning out lots of alkaline CM and other alkaline fluids, around ovulation and the stuff you put into your vag just cannot infiltrate all the way up into the egg. The fludi that your ovary releases with the egg is pH of above 7!! Plus, your body is designed (and assisted by gravity) so that the EWCM you make up inside, comes out into the vagina to assist the sperm in swimming and keeping them alive (just like how when you have a runny nose, stuff comes down and out, not up and in!!!) If acidic pH could really diffuse up thru all the alkaline CM to the egg, then none of us would have to do anything for pH because the naturally low pH of our vaginas would diffuse up into our uterus and tubes at ovulation rather than the other way around.

That's exactly why they like O+12 but again, it's just not supported by biology or real world data. Over 60% of all conceptions take place from BD on O-2, O-1, and O Day and very very few take place the day after O. Slightly ver 50% of all babies conceived from BD on O-1 and O Day are GIRLS (when pH would actually be the MOST alkaline due to high amounts of CM in most of us.) There is no way that BD on O+12 is in any way necessary or required to conceive a girl and in fact O+12 does nothing other than to reduce your odds of pg.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; April 12th, 2012 at 11:04 AM.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Can you change the polarity of the egg through diet & douching (i am not a doucher) IG says there is a study that proves that diet & douching can change the ph of tge vj & then travel up to the egg within an hour....I'm still trying to find the study in the ig faq.

What you are saying seems to be much more plausable thanks again for your insight.

Ps I still haven't got a +opk this cycle BUT had a temp drop & cm change the day dh and I bd (bd at 12am) didnt think I was suppiaed to O for another 5 days. I have run out of opk waiting on a delivery. I was only opk once a day as wasnt ttc this month but still wanted to track. Whats the chances of falling pg with a 4 week abstinence (assuming dh didnt take care of himself which he says he doesn't normally do, surely hes lying but to be honest he doesn't appear to be full of macho testosterone when it comes to sex lol)& one off bd?

Thanks atomic xx
    my amazing baby

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No. There is one "researcher" (I use the term very loosely) that makes that claim but to my understanding, he has never published his research in any journal for review by other scientists. What he did do was open up several clinics overseas and start charging people big bucks to test their "egg polarity".

If IG has something posted that you can find, I'd love to read it. When I tried before, the link was broken. They have another study about "egg polarity" that is talking about a totally different part of how the eggs are formed and has nothing to do with swaying at all. There is something called a "polar body" that forms during the process of oogenesis but this polar body cannot even be fertilized by sperm.

X and Y sperm do not have different electrical charges and so any claim that the egg is charged a certain way and that attracts differently charged sperm is impossible. Any studies on IG that appear to prove that X and Y sperm have different charges, have been totally debunked. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/scie...m-y-sperm.html

If there was any way that low pH in the vagina could infiltrate and counteract the alkalinity of the female reproductive tract, low pH in the vagina would go up into the uterus and tubes instead of the other way around (which is EWCM coming down from above to raise the pH of the vagina at ovulation.)
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; April 11th, 2012 at 07:37 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The odds aren't great, but anything is possible! FX for the best possible outcome for you and your family!!!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I couldnt find the link and the one I did is broken (probably the same one you found)
    I asked T where the link is hiding but havent heard back.....ill keep you posted.

I highly doubt i could be pg. kinda hoping im not as my diet etc was not ideal which makes me think that of course itd be my luck that I would be lol. We were so relaxed which was nice and while i would prefer to give it my all next cycle its lovely to think that a beautiful baby couldve been conceived from just enjoying each other rather then actually trying like I said though im not holding my breath.

I hope you are enjoying your pregnancy. x
    my amazing baby

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you! It's a weirdly easy pg and I keep thinking something's wrong!

I think there is something to be said for just relaxing and TTC - I have seen so many opposites from people who were swaying maniacs and then lots of these gals turned around and had accidents - GIRL after 4 and 5 boys sometimes! Nothing any different than just being relaxed!!

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    increased calcium can cause bad skin!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast