Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Jonas Moon Sign theory - general or specific to individual?

Hi all! I've been lurking in IG for a few months but this morning I came across Gender Dreaming and it seems that this is the best place to be, so I quickly joined up! I've been reading this site ALL day and have found SO much helpful information!!

I posted this question this morning on IG but since I've now found this forum I thought I would ask here as well, hopefully someone can help me!

I'm trying really hard to get my head around all of these different theories/gender selection methods. I understand the biorhythms method and have been able to figure out my own with the help of Astro, and I kind of get the Jonas Lunar Ovulation thing and have calculated my own (which doesn't seem to line up with any of my menstrual ovulation dates, but thats not important to me as I've never had trouble falling pg). I also understand the potential effects of the Moon Phase (ie Full or New) and Ions, but what I'm trying to figure out is the Jonas Moon SIGN theory, and the sign that the moon is in at time of conception (ie a female sign or a male sign). Can someone please tell me, is this Jonas Moon Sign theory a general/universal thing, or is it specific to each different individual based on their time/place of birth? I had been assuming when people talk about the Jonas Moon Sign theory, that its specific to each different individual based on their time & place of birth (just like the biorhythms, and Jonas Lunar Ovulation), but the penny finally dropped yesterday that it seems to be a universal/general thing, depending on your location only at time of conception....is that correct??

There seems to be a lot of real-life cases that support this moon sign theory so I'm becoming more and more interested. So is it really as easy as determining what sign the moon is in (at my exact geographical location) at the time of conception, regardless of my time/place of birth? I've visited the Lunarium website and other sites to work this out, and a while ago I even purchased a personalised 12 month calendar from Astroelite, which details the boy/girl days for the next year. Here I was thinking it was specific only to ME as I had to enter my birth data etc, but it seems the only part of it that is specific to me is the Jonas Lunar ovulation days - the boy/girl days would be general for anyone living in the same town/geographical location as me??

Sorry for the waffle, I've been researching all this stuff for months now and its starting to do my head in! If we get the chance to sway for a girl later in the year I just want to make sure I've covered ALL bases. Thanks so much!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would still sway for a girl as in diet as your main thing and if you want to use anything else like d/h with f/r or abstain and gels.. And then yes I would do the moon sign too if you were lucky enough to o in a female sign.. I did o in a female sign but my diet was not the best so I shall wait and see what happens, I was running out of time and my d/h was not willing to wait another month for me to diet so i had no choice. If I had my way I would of def been on the diet 100 percent along side moon theory. GL
    DW 33
    DH 34
    Dec 2016

Will try for another baby in 2019 to complete our family.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh sorry and welcome!!! xo
    DW 33
    DH 34
    Dec 2016

Will try for another baby in 2019 to complete our family.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome to GD. You are definitely in the right place to be on a mission!
    You are right that the moon sign at conception just refers to boy or girl moon wherever you are living, and is not related to when you were born. That is just used with the Jonas O dates.
    I looked into it before my sway as I wanted to include everything possible so I knew I had tried my best. Of course these things are always good in theory...I discovered that my Jonas dates and menstrual O dates did not line up. Also, I tracked my cycle for almost 12 months and it turns out I almost always O in a boy moon anyway. So I did the diet to the best of my ability and will have to wait and see what the outcome is! The month I got pg, I O in a boy moon, but it changed to a girl moon at midnight, so it will be hard to know exactly which sign I was in when conception occurred anyway.
    GL with your sway. There is a lot of things you can do to tip the odds in your favour, and then I think the rest is fate.
    Last edited by PeonyPrincess; April 10th, 2012 at 08:39 AM.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You can order Jonas Lunar phases fertility calendar on their official site or you can get it for free www.astro.com/Extended Chart Selection/ Lunar Phases fertility Calendar
    First you have to enter your data (DOB, timeOB, place of birth...) so it should be individual.
    Jonas is not about Moon signs ( you can check these on Lunarium: Discover the Mysteries of the Moon) but the angle of Sun and your natal Moon, it is based on a theory: when the Moon and the Sun make the same angle like the time when you were born, you are fertile.

It may NOT match your actual O date, but they say in those months, you have two chances: Jonas date and actual O date. If they match, pregnancy is practically inevitable.
    You'll see on your calendar thick vertical red lines indicating your fertile days according to Jonas and above it male or female sign. If there's no sign, that means you have 50/50 chances

Sounds great? Well I was tracking Jonas like crazy ( Moon signs+biorhythm+ you name it...) and I conceived this baby under male sign, guess what: it seems it's a girl
    The other thing is I had 4-5 months when Jonas and actual O date were matching and I didn't fell pg ( although they practically guarantee that)

I'm pretty dissapointed in all that....

If you are willing to pay, there is also Odan institute, but I believe it's just Jonas

Right now I'm suffering serious GD, and I think you'll get the gender God meant you to have, whatever you do. Sorry for being a downer. I hope you get your !
    Last edited by Zivic-Bubac; April 10th, 2012 at 10:29 AM.
    m/c 2001
    2012 failed sway
    2014 my surprise baby

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks so much everyone!

Zivic-Bubac, I'm so sorry to hear you're suffering from GD, I suffered it for quite some time after DS2 was born (3 years on, still have my days...), its a terrible place to be. Big hugs to you, I hope you are able to find some inner peace eventually xoxo

Thanks also Pinkin2011 & PeonyPrincess. I've roughly tracked my cycles for the last couple of years so if I get time today I may go back and work out what signs I may have ovulated in. I know I ovulate in Full Moon phases more often than not, so whats the bet I also O in male signs more often??? LOL.

I did calculate the signs for my 2 boy conceptions though:

DS1 - conceived on 12 June 2006 - Full Moon - was in Saggitarius (M) that day, changed to Capricorn (F) that night at 8.19pm (I feel that I would've ovulated sometime overnight as I got a +OPK that day, and my temp had risen just above the coverline the next morning) - so that ones a bit iffy. According to biorythms I was in neutral time, DH was in Boy time.

DS2 - conceived on 19 Aug 2008 - Full Moon - was in Pisces (F) until 20th Aug 12.09am then it changed to Aries (M). I think I would've ovulated sometime during that night as well (although I did have a bit of trouble pinpointing O during that cycle), so again, that ones a bit iffy too. According to biorhythms I was in Boy time, DH was in neutral.

I'm hoping the signs don't affect me too much because DH & I had a woopsie this month and I'm (im)patiently waiting for AF (currently on 9dpo I think), I think I O'd on Monday 2nd April and the Moon was in Leo (M) that day. But the more I look into these moon signs the more I'm convinced there is something to it. I haven't been doing diet or anything else either yet (we were only planning on TTC from about July onwards) so I'll be so cranky with myself if we did slip up and didn't give ourselves a good chance to sway!

Thanks again everyone!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome! So glad you've found us!!

I put absolutely NO stock into any of those things (and I really did genuinely look into them and did not dismiss out of hand.) Both Jonas and the guy who invented biorhythms were cranks at best and insane at worst. They've been studied by reputable researchers and their claims found to be totally untrue. I understand wanting to cover all your bases and it's fine if it's all in good fun, but too many people put stress and tension into these things with no scientific data behind them, and it's the exact sort of thing that has the risk of raising your testosterone level. So you basically end up raising your T levels (swaying blue) chasing after something that does not sway at all in the slightest.

If you want to read about how the moon and seasons actually MAY affect swaying scientifically, please read the following two essays:

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...naception.html
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...s-swaying.html

The reason why we can sway for gender has nothing to do with magic or mysticism, it's because of cues in our environment that send signals to our bodies that a male or female offspring has the best shot at survival and passing down out genes to future generations. Things like our diet and our hormone levels sway for real, biological reasons (boys need more nutrients from the moment of conception thruout life, and bigger, stronger males have a better shot at surviving to pass down genes to future generations than smaller or less well nourished boys do, while most females do have offspring even if they are physically smaller than the average person). It does not make any sense that your body, by virtue of Oing a few hours later on the same day, will suddenly think that a boy has any better shot at survival. If you didn't have enough nutrients to sustain a boy pg at noon on the 19th, you didn't have enough nutrients to sustain a boy pg at noon on the 20th and your body thus believes a female offspring has a better "bet" than a male one does.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; April 11th, 2012 at 08:13 PM.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    thank you so much atomic sagebrush, that is very helpful and reassuring to hear!! I've been reading about Jonas for a few days now, and the more I read, the more I began to think his theories were all a bit of a crock really. The whole lunar O thing just didn't sound logical to me at all, especially when i realised that my supposed lunar O dates are generally during my period!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I do think there is something about full moon vs. new moon when its come to conception,but nothing is 100%. I dont so much believe in the fact that if the moon is full you're bound to have a boy (I have a new moon boy in boy sign, and a full moon boy in girl sign) but rather I think it matters more how dark or light the moon is potentially. So let's say its technically still the full moon, but its a day away from new moon and the moon is not full on bright, I still think that *may* sway girl some.

But again I dont put my full stock in it, it was just something i considered when I was swaying and I did concieve this time (unknown gender) in a new moon and a supposed girl sign, but I only thought of those things as *fun extras* that MAY help my sway, not guarantees of gender.

Good luck and I hope we can help you get an awesome sway going!
    2007 / 2011 / 2012

Link to my girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...-its-girl.html