Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly Spirit View Post
    Thanks for sharing! Yes, I've had it much later in my pregnancies too, I am just hoping that having it so early didn't do anything harmful. I was about 5 weeks, and I didn't know they gave it that early ever.
    I did forget to mention to them that DH is also A-
    They have given it to me just incase each pregnancy, but is that unnecessary?
    I've had this shot a bunch too, as I have had spotting/bleeding in every pregnancy and I have a negative blood type and DH has a positive blood type. You're supposed to get it anytime you have spotting/bleeding, after an abdominal injury, miscarriage, at 28 weeks routinely and after birth if LO has positive blood type. It's effective for 12 weeks. I've been given it in very early pregnancy due to bleeding, so I don't think that's strange. It does no harm to the baby and even though it's a blood product it's supposed to be very safe. It's not only screened but also processed in a way that kills HIV, Hep etc. The risk is theoretical only. So I don't think the shot did you any harm. BUT, if your DH is the same blood type as you, you don't need it (not even at 28 weeks). Next time just let them know that DH is A- and you can safely refuse it.
    2006, 2008, 2011, HT 2012

Cycle #1 @ HRC, March 2012: Pretesting FSH 5.7, AMH 2, AFC 19. 7 eggs retrieved, 6 fertilized & to GSN, 2 normal XY, 1 normal XX. Transferred 1XX. 1st beta 9 5dp5dt, 2nd beta 777 12dp5dt, 3rd beta 2823 15dp5dt. 124 at 6w6d (2 large SCHs seen). DD born 3 days overdue - December 2012.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been told SO MANY TIMES that I can't carry girls (usually by complete strangers!). I've carried 8 boys and had 1 mmc, 1 blighted ovum and several chemical pgs. My ex even went on to have a DD with his GF after we had 3 boys!!!

I'm not sure what I believe.
    Blessed with BLUE 7 times
    with (no swaying) due Jan '13.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly Spirit View Post
    I did forget to mention to them that DH is also A-
    They have given it to me just incase each pregnancy, but is that unnecessary?
    Nope not necessary, but they give it to you just in case (read that as, we don't know who the dad is, so we will do it just in case!) I am O- and so is my dh and I had to get the shot last pregnancy cause of late bleeding, even though I told him dh was O- also.

I don't know if this has been disproven, but I read somewhere that there is a rare thing that some women can have and they can't carry boys, but there is no equivalent for girls... like I said, it was a while ago and with technology things always change.
    13 years 11 years 6 years & our HT miracle 2 years

6 IVF Cycles(3 SART & 3 Genea), 4 FET cycles, 4 transfers, 3 Chemicals.

Sep 11 2012: Genea, FET, 1 day 5, CGH HB transferred.
    4dp5dt POAS BFP, 9dp5dt 67, 11 dp5dt 183, 17dp5dt 3832
    Full Cycle Details here Cycle Summary

Finally our beautiful baby girl was born 20th May, 2013

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by glory View Post
    Nope not necessary, but they give it to you just in case (read that as, we don't know who the dad is, so we will do it just in case!) I am O- and so is my dh and I had to get the shot last pregnancy cause of late bleeding, even though I told him dh was O- also.

I don't know if this has been disproven, but I read somewhere that there is a rare thing that some women can have and they can't carry boys, but there is no equivalent for girls... like I said, it was a while ago and with technology things always change.
    Yes, that's right glory. Some women have one bad X chromosome and so 50% of their sons will have a genetic disorder, but the other half will be normal. Girls have two X chromosomes so they always have a backup and can be carriers but not sick. This is explained more fully in the link I posted.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Yes, that's right glory. Some women have one bad X chromosome and so 50% of their sons will have a genetic disorder, but the other half will be normal. Girls have two X chromosomes so they always have a backup and can be carriers but not sick. This is explained more fully in the link I posted.
    Yes, this is what you used to be able to use MS for- if you are a known X-linked disorder carrier. You would then sort for a girl. Not an option in the US anymore.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by sixhappysons View Post
    I've been told SO MANY TIMES that I can't carry girls (usually by complete strangers!). I've carried 8 boys and had 1 mmc, 1 blighted ovum and several chemical pgs. My ex even went on to have a DD with his GF after we had 3 boys!!!

I'm not sure what I believe.
    Johnny Cash had 4 daughters. June Carter had 2 daughters (by two different men). They fell in love, got married, and had a son. I know it really, really feels sometimes like we "can't" carry a certain gender but with the exception of the X-linked conditions (who still can have healthy sons half the time), the best science seems to show that we can carry both genders.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's really interesting that IVF protocols sway gender!
    and my HT

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    lindi, that's actually what the "swim ups" and the Ericcson sperm spinning is based on. Some doctors in the early days of IVF realized that for some reason, certain techniques of sperm washing and certain fluids used in the preparation process, seemed to yield more boys than girls in the IVF process.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just found this and ive always wondered about it as my mum has 3 daughters and had 2 miscarriages of boys and my aunt (her sister) has 3 boys and has lost 3 daughters ... i so far have 3 boys and do wonder if perhaps thats juts my gene makeup ? Im told by a consultant at the hospital that its the mans side that determines the sex so if the hubby comes from a long line of men u will be more likely to have boys .... my hubby, his dad and his grandad all come from large families of boys - over 4 generations there were 2 girls so I may well be doomed unless i husband swap :-)

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum23boys View Post
    I just found this and ive always wondered about it as my mum has 3 daughters and had 2 miscarriages of boys and my aunt (her sister) has 3 boys and has lost 3 daughters ... i so far have 3 boys and do wonder if perhaps thats juts my gene makeup ? Im told by a consultant at the hospital that its the mans side that determines the sex so if the hubby comes from a long line of men u will be more likely to have boys .... my hubby, his dad and his grandad all come from large families of boys - over 4 generations there were 2 girls so I may well be doomed unless i husband swap :-)
    Mum23, I hope you are able to read the link because it explains that as far as modern medicine knows, EVERYONE can conceive and carry both boys and girls, but that there are some women who have a harder time carrying boys because one of their X chromosomes is bad so half their sons will suffer from a genetic disorder. This is very rare and there is NO known condition or disorder that prevents a woman from conceiving and carrying girls. None whatsoever.

The consultant at your hospital is 100% wrong. There was one theory that claimed that as fact but it has never been proven as anything other than sheer speculation. Much stronger evidence supports the idea that there are factors in the woman's body that sway gender.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast