Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by bluedreams View Post
    I was just wondering if there was any truth to this? Is there any type of disorder women have where they are unable to carry a certain gender? There has been evidence that male fetuses raise miscarriage risk. I was just wondering if there is any testing for this.

I found an article that stated this…pretty interesting.
    “… researchers came up with a hypothesis stating that a mothers’ immunization against male HY antigens during the first pregnancy is responsible for the further miscarriages. Only male fetuses produce these HY antigens. They are part of the reason a male develops into a male in the uterus during gestation. During a pregnancy with a male fetus, HY antigens are produced by the fetus and eventually make their way into the mother’s circulation. The mother’s immune system, recognizing these proteins as foreign, will start to produce antibodies against the HY antigens. Later on in other pregnancies, the lingering immunity could cause the mother’s body to reject the fetus. This immunity has been demonstrated up to 22 years after the birth of a boy.”

However, this article talks about firstborn sons having a negative effect on women with secondary recurrent miscarriages. Since the article mentions a woman’s immune system fighting off the fetus, I wonder if this has anything to do with some women not being able to carry a certain gender. Maybe it's just all a coincidence???
    I have done some research on this theory. Its called HY restricting alleles. Google it, its an interesting read for those of us who have boys, and miscarry girls.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My understanding is that HY restricting alleles will cause ALL subsequent babies to be lost after a firstborn boy. Here's what Dr. Braverman has to say (for those that don't know, he's an RE with a lot of expertise regarding immune issues and infertility.)Various ?s for Dr. Braverman | Recurrent Pregnancy Loss and Late recurrent miscarriages | Prevent Miscarriage
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123