Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: vitex?????

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I could never sleep with the light on... My room has to be pitch black, I even cover the clock on the cable box or it "Stares" at me all night lmao
    My family is complete!!!
    2/2000
    6/2003
    4/2011
    7/2013

Swayed for a

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The sleeping in darkness thing isn't related to Vitex, it's my attempt at Lunaception. The idea being to imitate the moon's light in your sleeping environment and regulate melatonin, which is supposed to help regulate your cycle. So you sleep in total darkness CD1-13, small white nightlight CD14-17, and darkness again after that.

I don't think the darkness thing helped my ov, but I do think it helped me sleep better and my temps are definitely far less erratic than previously.

I do think Vitex helped me ov the first estrogen surge, instead of having the three freaking fake ov surges the previous cycle. However, my LP is still shot, so this month I'm weaning nursing completely and hoping my LP will work itself out. Sigh. I don't want to add too much 'stuff' and I'm trying to be patient!

So I'm going to do Vitex CD1-14 for two more cycles, and if my LP is still sh!tty I'll have to rethink this. I've read online to take Vitex continuously for progesterone deficiencies but I don't want to do that and delay o again!!
    Me (38) and DH (38)

SAHM military momma to DS1 (2004), DS2 (who's all boy but loves to dance, though not in a tutu!) (2006), DS3 (2009), and our rainbow baby girl DD1 (2017)

early m/c Jan 2013

Cycle #1 @ HRC (Oct 2014) - 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized and biopsied. 1XX and 1XY abnormal. 1XX no DNA found, rebiopsied and found normal, frozen.
    FET attempt #1 (Nov 2014) - cancelled due to functional cyst. FET attempt #2 (Jan 30, 2015) - NT. Remaining embie failed to thaw.

May 2015 - started infertility treatments at OFC. Femara 2.5mg
    July 2015 - BFP after second round of Femara. Aug 4 2015 - 6w4d
    Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

Apr 2016 - IVF Cycle #2. Converted to IUI because of uneven response and leading follicles.
    Apr 19, 2016 - IUI with 3 mature follicles (2 right, 1 left), post wash: 17mil, 94% motility and 89% rapid motility. BFN.

June 3, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 5w.
    Sep 1, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 8w.

Our rainbow baby girl arrived on Mon Aug 28, 2017 - "After every storm comes a rainbow". We are so thankful and grateful for every moment.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyCakesTor View Post
    I could never sleep with the light on... My room has to be pitch black, I even cover the clock on the cable box or it "Stares" at me all night lmao
    me too, my husband is like, just shut your eyes, but I can FEEL it.

we switched to a green display and that is way better than red.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyCakesTor View Post
    What would sleeping in darkness do?
    full explanation here http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...naception.html

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    oops will go into a little more detail next time lol, the sleeping with the lights on time is when you are trying to encourage the days of ovulation to occur

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Be very careful taking this herbal supplement when TTC, I taken it through my whole cycle when my cycles appeared out of whack after coming off birth control. Yes I did get pregnant whilst even taking it but very sadly for my little boy he developed a severe birth defect and did not survive. Whether this had anything to do with it I do not know but I do know now that it is not safe to take when pregnant so best avoided. I have since had another daughter and desperate now for my next to be a boy. As this will be my last child, so my last chance to have the nearest to what I lost. It is important to remember the health of the baby is so more important than taking anything during conception that could risk his/hers health.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. We don't take the vitex during pregnancy, only beforehand, and most people only take it 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off and not all cycle long.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12