Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

New here, from Norway :)

Hello there!

We are a couple from Norway (Europe), that have just starting to think about going high tech for familiy balancing. We have two boys, and have allways whished for three. Now we really want to try for a girl. We came over PGD, and we thouht; WHY NOT?

But the big question is: Where can we do PGD closest to Norway? Since it is not legal in Norway.

Sorry for my english

Hope that is someone here that can tell us something about PGD. (Have read a little bit)

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The boys where consived normally, and after one and two months trying.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Is that good when you think about how many try`ings we would need for IVF-PGD? Or does it not mean anthing?

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello Mollo! Welcome! Some others will pipe in but there are clinics in Thailand although most end up coming to the USA for PGD. There are lots of clinics in California and it is a very fun vacation spot for the whole family, so most people plan a vacation around their IVF cycle.

Unfortunately, most of us who have done high tech for family balancing conceived our previous children very easily- although that does not help when it comes to IVF. While there are some women who get pregnant within one cycle, it takes most 2-3 cycles. Our natural fertility just doesn't seem to help us out in the IVF world!!
    Proud Mom to my gorgeous 2008, and 2010. Lights of my life!!

Pretesting "normal". FSH 7.5

Cycle 1: HRC Feb 10 2012
    Started off slow on 225 Gonal F, 1 Meno; increased to 300 Gonal F and over responded. 27 eggs received, 19 mature, 15 fert, only 8 to GSN, all terrible quality- only one normal XY. NT. Boo.

Cycle 2: HRC May 2012
    Took DHEA (only 25-50 mg/day), royal jelly, bee propolis, CoQ10. Antagonist cycle with growth hormone. Started off with 300 Gonal-F and quickly moved down to 150 Gonal-F and rode it out. 43 eggs, 35 mature, 30 fert, 9 to Day 5 GSN, 1 normal XY and two normal XX. Froze all.
    July 2012 - FET at HRC, transferred 1 XX expanding blast. ???

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for answering. We have thouht about taking it as a vacation. BUT we cant afford two-three vacations. If it doesnt work the first time. It is very expensive to travel from Norway to the USA

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Depending on how old you are and pretesting results, you have around a 50% chance of it working the first time. Of course, there are lots of variables to consider. The US is a main destination and Genesis may be more affordable.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We have also seen that the prices vary allot! From for eks. mexico to usa. Why is that? Is it the quality?

One question fo me. I hear it is extremely hurtful, is that right? :/

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nothing hurts too bad. The emotional toll is the worst part by far. Mexico isn't really a great option.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    $11,200 is HRC's price in California.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, of course. I`m 25 and my husband is 29. We are young parents Of course it depends on the tests, thank you!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast