Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    They were 8,5,2.5 My pretesting was poor and my first cycle was cancelled and then I waited anothe 8 months or so. So my youngest was 2 and 9 months when DS came. In hindsight, I'm glad it took longer because I am not a baby person and two under 2 when have been a struggle. DS has been difficult because now there are 4 of them! When you're waiting, it feels like forever though.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post
    They were 8,5,2.5 My pretesting was poor and my first cycle was cancelled and then I waited anothe 8 months or so. So my youngest was 2 and 9 months when DS came. In hindsight, I'm glad it took longer because I am not a baby person and two under 2 when have been a struggle. DS has been difficult because now there are 4 of them! When you're waiting, it feels like forever though.
    This is me Well .. I am a baby person, but not a more-than-one-at-a-time baby person and to me, under 2 is still a baby. My first two are 3.5 years apart, and these 2 are 2 years 10 months apart. I love the 3 year spacing.

DH told me last night he's OK with HT if that's what I want to do. But given that I breastfeed for a year we're a long way from even doing pre-testing... I'll be 35 then too And to be honest I'm still hoping I'll get over the gender desire so I am fine with it being more than a year before I pursue anything on it. So, for me, DD3 will likely be 15-18 mos before (if) I do anything.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yeah 4 under 6 would be a challenge all right! hmmm need to stay open minded about when to go for HT but im just such a planner, i cant relax till its all settled in my mind.
    2007 2010 2012 2015

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Funnily enough the main thing that pushes me to go for it next year is that ds3 will still be pretty immobile and will fly in a sky cot to the US. If i leave it till the easter or summer of the following year, the flight would be a nightmare with a wriggly 18 month old! Id rather do a shorter journey to genesis at that time but really want to give HRC a go first.
    2007 2010 2012 2015

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Begonia! That's awesome HT is an option! Give yourself time though. You may feel fab with the party of 5! After that, you have to wait for the big table!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    LOL about the table NBP It is awesome Even if we don't pursue it I'm happy just knowing I really could try it with DH's support. I assumed he'd never be open to it, and were it JUST him he wouldn't be, but because a DS so important to me he said he'll make it that important to him as well. And if that means we have to go through IVF then he's along for the journey.

Deaks I loathe air travel with 12-24 month olds! Before 12 months I feel like they're manageable and after 2 they can be entertained with things but oh, that 12-24 month range ... it's tough!

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What kind of HT are you guys doing? Last year I had 4 under 4 (all boys) - now I have 4 ages 1-5. It is pretty hectic.
    Is the only type of HT available PGD? I recently called a place in our area that boasted they did M/S but when I called they said it didn't get FDA approval so it is no longer available.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The only thing left is IVF with PGD. There are clinics that offer IUI with spinning but they are few and far between and it is NOT Microsort.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am 6 months pregnant with DD2 and I have been researching clinics ever since I found out I am having another girl. I am interested in this one clinic in NY and have been in contact with the office via email. I would love to consult with the doctors but I feel I have to wait until I have the baby. Has anyone had a consult while pregnant? I feel it is best to go now before I have 2 kids running around. I just want to find out all the information I can and the costs so I know how much to save up.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes the air travel alone is enough to help me make my decision!

Bluedreams, my plan is to get all my research other than speaking to the clinics done while pregnant so that all i have to do when the baby arrives is consult and pretesting (as well as what follows obviously). I feel that speaking to the clinics any earlier would almost be pointless as things i would need to ask them or info they can give me might change by the time im ready to go for it so i may as well wait to consult nearer the time. Mind you that is possibly because i know i will use HRC first followed by Genesis and i can get most info i need on this website. If i was having trouble deciding on a clinic i would probably do some ringing around whilst pg.
    2007 2010 2012 2015

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast