Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by deaks66 View Post
    No i couldn't possibly sway again... it was torture, took me a year, 2 chemicals and no success with gender at the end. In some respects i wish we had skipped swaying and gone HT for dc3, but that feeling is fading as i get more and more excited out ds3 arriving. I guess if HT doesn't work i possibly would have to consider going au naturel for one more shot at a dd but i really doubt i'd risk it. And no, there wouldn't be anymore kids after my 4th!
    this is what im grappling with also. what if i still dont get pg with PGD? and we run out of money. then what? sway again??? my theory is the more children you have of one gender, the more likely you have a chance of getting the opposite gender at some point. but my limit is 4. and that also may not be true for everyone. ive heard of ppl with 6 daughters, 8 sons, etc. so the question is..if PGD doesnt work..will i be ok with 4 girls?

Polpectomy/Hysteroscopy complete (2 polyps)
    June ER @ HRC
    30 retrieved, 24 mature, 23 fertilized, 17 to biopsy, 5 normal, 2xy!, 1 transferred, 1 frozen
    HB seen at 6w4d!

I can't believe I did this!

My HT son
    My family is complete. Baby fever resolved!

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I misread your signature. Sorry about that. I found out about HT while pregnant with DD3 too. I don't feel like I went around God to get my son. In fact, I remember being outside at night looking up at the stars begging God for HT to work.

It's extreme. It is. It is putting yourself through elective IVF and it is a tough emotional process. Swaying is hard too and I think swaying requires much more self-discipline and sacrifice. So much of the HT process is our of your hands once you start.

Having 3 doesn't seem much different than having 2 of a kind. It changes the dynamic in a positive way, I think. They have all welcomed and had fun with their brother and we are all meant to be here.

Enjoy your third. Good things come in three's and when you are ready, we can help you through HT if you choose to go that route.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by RedCanoe View Post
    I debated going HT for #3 as we only wanted 3 kids and wanted a girl. In the end, after a lot of research, I scared myself out of it (the drugs, possibility of losing all that money, etc) and decided to sway. Got DS3. No regrets, he's awesome, but I don't really want 4 kids. Problem is I still very much want a girl. So it was HT for a girl or move on. Decided we could live with 4 kids if #4 was a girl, so we went HT.

my husband's number was always 2 kids. and mine was 4. but i THINK i could have stopped at 3 if #3 was a boy (since dh is less open to more kids). i also feel like if i had a son, id be able to handle everything better!! ;-)

June ER @ HRC
    30 retrieved, 24 mature, 23 fertilized, 17 to biopsy, 5 normal, 2xy!, 1 transferred, 1 frozen
    HB seen at 6w4d!

My HT son

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I dont think ht is playing with gods wishes either. He could still not let it happen. I felt it was still in his hands .

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Eternally grateful Dr P, Lori and lab team !

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So many things on here are EXACTLY how i feel....being able to handle a 4th ONLY if it was my dg, questioning myself if pgd doesn't work whether i would be ok with 4 boys - answer is definitely no. As harsh as that sounds, i never want these feelings EVER again. But would the temptation that my dd could be the next one make me give in?!

Gizmo, i totally know how hard it is for you but it also warms my heart how me having 3 boys is something you would love. I hope the fact that people like me would love to have some dd's in the mix, warms your heart too as we go through all this.
    2007 2010 2012 2015

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post
    Having 3 doesn't seem much different than having 2 of a kind. It changes the dynamic in a positive way, I think. They have all welcomed and had fun with their brother and we are all meant to be here.

Enjoy your third. Good things come in three's and when you are ready, we can help you through HT if you choose to go that route.
    I love reading things like this. Calms me right down when im feeling panicky
    2007 2010 2012 2015

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by deaks66 View Post
    So many things on here are EXACTLY how i feel....being able to handle a 4th ONLY if it was my dg, questioning myself if pgd doesn't work whether i would be ok with 4 boys - answer is definitely no. As harsh as that sounds, i never want these feelings EVER again. But would the temptation that my dd could be the next one make me give in?!

Gizmo, i totally know how hard it is for you but it also warms my heart how me having 3 boys is something you would love. I hope the fact that people like me would love to have some dd's in the mix, warms your heart too as we go through all this.
    you know ive been so wrapped in my culture that i always felt that ppl ALWAYS wanted boys. so to me, for a person wanting a girl is like..."you do? why?" but i do understand now. and i do see all boy moms looking at me and my girls and drooling and me looking at them...so it does sort of ease the urge in that there are ppl who want what i have too.

June ER @ HRC
    HB seen at 6w4d!

My HT son

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I decided to go HT as soon as I knew it was a possibility. As soon as I found out I was having DS#2 I went online, did a google search and when I found out it was possible to get a daughter via IVF/PGD I explained it to my husband and decided that when we were ready for #3 thats what we'd do.
    07 09 11
    Follicle Report
    12/13 ER 10 eggs, 6 mature 12/14 7 fertilized w/ ICSI 12/15 6 still growing
    12/18 Transfered 2 Hatching Blasts Transfered ,PGD Report
    12/23 5dp5dt BFN 12/24 bfp 12/25 bfp 12/27 9dp5dt beta 284.5 16dp5dt Beta 5394.8 2 sacs, but one disappeared !<BR>

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I also decided to go HT as soon as I found out it could be done. Literally right that second. I was sat on the lounge room floor and saw My3sons on TV talking about her plans to go to Thailand. I jumped up and got straight on the net to start researching and haven't looked back since.
    8 6 wishing for a
    Cycle 1 HRC in June 2011- cancelled cycle, no response at all.
    Cycle 2 at SART start stims Oct 10th Another cancelled cycle. No response.
    Cycle 3 at SART, started stims Dec 31st, cancelled AGAIN.
    Cycle 4 Donor eggs in South Africa May 2012, freezing and shipping to USA for PGD
    FET- 19th July- NT (only 2 normals, both boys)
    Cycle 5 Last shot- donor eggs at Genesis- Cyprus using his sperm sort, Jan 2013 BFN
    FET Feb 2013 BFP Miscarriage @ 6 wks.
    FET June 2013. On metaformin now for Insulin resistance. Mental health starting to border on insanity now. BFN
    FET July 2013. Last embie BFN

Cycle 6 Really truly last shot- Donor eggs HRC, planned all freeze Feb, 7XX frozen immune treatment for me
    FET May 2014 BFP Miscarriage @ 8 weeks
    FET Nov 2014 BFP Miscarriage @ 12 weeks
    FET Oct 2015 BFP Blighted ovum confirmed @ 8 weeks. Miscarriage.

SURROGACY!!!!! FET 1xx Feb 4th BFP, HB seen

My precious baby girl arrived Oct 19th 2016

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I started researching HT when I found out I was having DS2. I did a very lame attempt at a girl sway with DS1 (just timing). With my second, I attempted a more strict sway (supplements, some diet, timing), but nothing too crazy, which obviously didn't work. I only want three DC max, would've been content with two if this one had been my girl, so that is a huge factor. I'm done with swaying. Now I'm trying to decide between HT and stopping at my two DS's.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast