Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It depends on how many kids you want to have, how badly you want a certain gender and how extreme your GD was for your last child. I am expecting my 2nd daughter in August and when I found out I was having another girl, I was crushed. My DH and I always talked about having 3 kids but I think I would have been ok with 2 if this were a boy. Now we have to go for #3 and I Desperately want it to be a boy. I would need a guarantee this time. That's why I am looking into HT which is the only option closest to a guarantee. I don't really have much faith in swaying and looking at forums that talk about diets, supplements, timing, etc makes my head spin. There are also so many different types of sway plans...which one will work? Call me lazy, but I rather pay a doctor to do everything for me to get my DG. LOL
    I also agree with you about HT not working. That could be a very expensive failure. I'm more afraid about getting pregnant and miscarrying. that's more devastating than not getting pregnant at all. But, that could happen with any pregnancy. I still feel it is worth looking into. I know it is for me because I don't think I could handle having another girl.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I tried swaying with DS 2. I am 41 so time may have run out for us but we are considering HT for one more shot at having a girl.

Jenny

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post
    I misread your signature. Sorry about that. I found out about HT while pregnant with DD3 too. I don't feel like I went around God to get my son. In fact, I remember being outside at night looking up at the stars begging God for HT to work.

It's extreme. It is. It is putting yourself through elective IVF and it is a tough emotional process. Swaying is hard too and I think swaying requires much more self-discipline and sacrifice. So much of the HT process is our of your hands once you start.

Having 3 doesn't seem much different than having 2 of a kind. It changes the dynamic in a positive way, I think. They have all welcomed and had fun with their brother and we are all meant to be here.

Enjoy your third. Good things come in three's and when you are ready, we can help you through HT if you choose to go that route.

boy, NBP you make it sound like its extremely horrible to go thru PGD/IVF ;-) just curious as to what part of it makes it so hard? the waiting to see if there are any eggs/XY's/normal embryos at all? the "you-may-not get pg part? possiblity of miscarrying?
    the emotional responses to all the hormones injected in you? giving yourself shots? waiting? waiting? and waiting?

also then at what point would someone feel finally relieved? at the point of live birth?

for me since ive been thru the swaying and to me i did it as hard core as i possibly could..i guess i feel the same way about how you felt IVF was (a struggle) and i came out feeling ill never do it again. ive never had to have help fortunately to get pg at all but i have heard stories from friends regarding injectibles and IUI IVF, etc but nothing personal of course so ic ant relate just yet.
    but having gone thru the PGD/IVF process which you considered such an extreme emotional process, do you think you could do it again? (if you wanted more kids and a particular gender)

Polpectomy/Hysteroscopy complete (2 polyps)
    June ER @ HRC
    30 retrieved, 24 mature, 23 fertilized, 17 to biopsy, 5 normal, 2xy!, 1 transferred, 1 frozen
    HB seen at 6w4d!

I can't believe I did this!

My HT son
    My family is complete. Baby fever resolved!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by jens0972 View Post
    I tried swaying with DS 2. I am 41 so time may have run out for us but we are considering HT for one more shot at having a girl.

Jenny
    im too an worried about the age. i feel like if my dh does finally agree to a 4th he may ask me to wait a couple yrs and i feel that the longer i wait the harder IVF may be...? so i feel pretty pressured.

Polpectomy/Hysteroscopy complete (2 polyps)
    June ER @ HRC
    30 retrieved, 24 mature, 23 fertilized, 17 to biopsy, 5 normal, 2xy!, 1 transferred, 1 frozen
    HB seen at 6w4d!

I can't believe I did this!

My HT son
    My family is complete. Baby fever resolved!

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo77 View Post
    boy, NBP you make it sound like its extremely horrible to go thru PGD/IVF ;-) just curious as to what part of it makes it so hard? the waiting to see if there are any eggs/XY's/normal embryos at all? the "you-may-not get pg part? possiblity of miscarrying?
    the emotional responses to all the hormones injected in you? giving yourself shots? waiting? waiting? and waiting?

also then at what point would someone feel finally relieved? at the point of live birth?

for me since ive been thru the swaying and to me i did it as hard core as i possibly could..i guess i feel the same way about how you felt IVF was (a struggle) and i came out feeling ill never do it again. ive never had to have help fortunately to get pg at all but i have heard stories from friends regarding injectibles and IUI IVF, etc but nothing personal of course so ic ant relate just yet.
    but having gone thru the PGD/IVF process which you considered such an extreme emotional process, do you think you could do it again? (if you wanted more kids and a particular gender)
    I'm not sure what I typed that sounded horrible. It's not horrible. It's emotionally challenging. That, coupled with spending $20,000 per try can do a number on you!

I am blessed with what I have so I don't want more kids so the answer is no to doing it again. I know people go back for extra embryos but I have 4 kids already.

What's hard about HT is it's available and it's a guarantee and when it doesn't work like you think it will when you've never had to do anything but have sex once to conceive your other kids, it can devastate you just like a swaying opposite can. You do all that work and walk away with nothing and $20,000 poorer.

If trying and failing is easier to take than an opposite, HT is right for you.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by jens0972 View Post

Jenny
    Jenny, I know this may not be what you want to hear but please, seriously seriously consider donor eggs. Your odds of success will be much higher and your daughter's development actually will be quite highly influenced by the maternal environment of your womb, so she will still be YOURS.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123