Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess of Pink View Post
    Sounds super weird to me....IVF/PGD is damn expensive and takes months of planning, taking all kinds of drugs, heaps of scans and appointments with different people.....not something to go into lightly and then decide when you get your dream gender that it may be a mistake??? I am so sorry if I am wrong.....but smells like a troll to me!
    My thoughts exactly
    Cycle#1 Jan/Feb 2013: 10 eggs retrieved, 8 mature, 8 fertilized. 1 expanded blast frozen to batch.

Cycle #2 May/June 2013: 17 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized, 3 blasts frozen. Sending all 4 to Natera: 2 normals- 1 girl (cycle 2) & 1 boy (cycle 1)

Cycle #3 September 2013: 11 eggs retrieved, 8 mature, 8 fertilized. 4 biopsied. 2 normal boys

FET #1: October 25th: BFN

Cycle#4: Feb/March 2014: 12 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 10 fertilized. 1 normal XX! Transfer March 3rd. BFP: 3/9/14!!!! Beta: 7dp6dt:38, 9dp6dt:139!, 6weeks 1 day: heartbeat!!!

She's here and I'm in love

Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I understand your concerns about the health issue but what I don't understand that you just now thinking about what the child later would think. You had to realize that before going that route!!!!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree to all of you, but will you tell your son/daughter about how he/she was born or will that be a secret?

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I do not plan on telling. I don't see why it matters. He is not different in anyway. I don't think there is anything wrong with being open about it but I don't want to open that can of worms with my daughters or my family.

Telling him changes nothing as far as his life is concerned. I don't see the benefit from bringing it up. I didn't discuss with my daughters how and when they were conceived either. I see no need for that.

ETA- had I needed IVF for infertility reasons I would definitely tell my child. They may have an issue conceiving if I did so to me, that is medically necessary. What I did was elective. Not the same to me.
    Last edited by nuthinbutpink; June 6th, 2012 at 11:04 AM.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    thanks, I am hoping that God will help me the right decision.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you had babies with IVF do you see any any difference in health,behavior with regular conceived babies?

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What decision? Think it's too late for that! Here's to a healthy and happy pregnancy!
    Sept 2008 & successful boy sway June 2010.
    M/C Oct 2012

Is DE in my future?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ukini View Post
    I am just very worried because I not sure if the baby will grow well like any natural baby it is just me freaking out hard even my husband is also worried, we saw a article which suggests that ivf babies have 30% likely to have birth defects that regular babies. All the hormones & medicines I am not sure if those have any ill effects on the embryo.

The only reason why that is, is because people who have other fertility problems (like older couples, who are already more likely to have babies with problems) are much more likely to go HT than the population at large. We've had hundreds of beautiful, healthy, normal babies born via IVF some of whom are now even adults themselves! Please don't worry.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ukini View Post
    I am also thinking if the baby knows that he was born as a test tube baby how will the baby react, he may blame us for not bringing him to this world in a regular way. All sorts of those thoughts are just coming to us now. We are also planning to take advice from a psychic.

Did you also have the same cold feet at this point?

Here is the article I am referring to about birth defects IVF Babies Are 30% More Likely To Have A Birth Defect · Pregnancy articles | Family's Health center | SteadyHealth.com
    It's totally normal to have cold feet after a BFP - I know I did and I didn't even do HT. I think you are panicking over nothing really.

PLEASE do not take advice from a psychic on an issue of such importance. Many of us have consulted with psychics and they've been wrong again and again.

And there are many babies who are brought into the world in much worse circumstances than a much-wanted IVF baby! Some kids are conceived the old-fashioned way because their parents had too much to drink!! Your son is wanted and will be loved, that's all that counts!!
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; June 6th, 2012 at 01:48 PM.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it's normal to worry that something will go wrong when you're getting something that you really want. I'm finding myself more worried about this baby than I was with my naturally conceived children, too. Waiting for the other shoe to drop. But chances are still very, very small that the baby will have any issues. Like NBP said, maybe 1-2% higher risk than natural pregnancy. Bad things can happen to any of us, anytime, IVF or not. Try not to live your life in fear.

If you're really anxious get all the prenatal tests that are available. They will most likely show that baby is fine and reassure you. And if you really do find an issue that makes you decide to terminate, then at least you're doing it because the baby really is abnormal, not terminating a perfectly healthy baby (of your DG!!!!) simply out of fear and anxiety and irrational thoughts.

I wish you lots of luck with this. Maybe see if you can speak to a counselor or even a friend if you're really struggling...
    2006, 2008, 2011, HT 2012

Cycle #1 @ HRC, March 2012: Pretesting FSH 5.7, AMH 2, AFC 19. 7 eggs retrieved, 6 fertilized & to GSN, 2 normal XY, 1 normal XX. Transferred 1XX. 1st beta 9 5dp5dt, 2nd beta 777 12dp5dt, 3rd beta 2823 15dp5dt. 124 at 6w6d (2 large SCHs seen). DD born 3 days overdue - December 2012.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast