Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ukini View Post
    I agree to all of you, but will you tell your son/daughter about how he/she was born or will that be a secret?
    I don't tell my children how they were conceived (naturally or not!) they dont need to hear about the sex LOL and if I went ivf it would be no different!
    Fathers Day baby!

Busy Mummy of 5 now working from home: www.oz.scentsy.com.au

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No I am serious not trolling, we have not yet made our mind, our most important concern is the health of the child. I don't know the answer to what happens after 30 years if the child develops some bad disease and it traces back to IVF how will we be able to justify that. Although that is very improbable but it might happen we won't be able to forgive ourselves then.
    You have as much chance of them getting something if they were conceived via sex or not.
    Fathers Day baby!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Why didn't you consider all this BEFORE going ahead with conceiving?!!!!!
    Fathers Day baby!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am also having low progesterone level around 5 but I take two crinone suppositories, it seems it is not working what do you think I am kind of getting defeated at all fronts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am also having low progesterone level around 5 but I take two crinone suppositories, it seems it is not working what do you think I am kind of getting defeated at all fronts.
    How do you know it's not working? My doc told me that testing progesterone is not always 100%
    Are you just trying to talk yourself into a miscarriage or justify an abortion?

I don't understand why you are feeling this way?
    Especially with your desired gender.

What are you scared of the most?

I'm taking 200 mg of oral progesterone a day and I know it's working!
    Last edited by Butterfly Spirit; June 7th, 2012 at 01:56 AM.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Having an abortion can affect your chances of ever concieving naturally again. That would be really bad luck if you could never have another child. Just think about it a child concieved in the womb is no different from a child concieved outside the womb. Its just a sperm and an egg, they dont damage anything when they do ivf. You are really lucky to have a DD already and expecting a DS.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You need to snap out of these thoughts asap. They are not warranted AT ALL. Do not terminate a perfectly good pregnancy. Most GS women would kill to be in your shoes right now. Or any woman for that matter .Are you mad ?
    Think positive and do not let these thoughts take over in your head. I would seek counselling (not for termination) but to help you think straight. Sorry I sound harsh but you need a wake up call.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    "Fear is the enemy of logic"

"That's all it takes, one drop of fear to curdle love into hate."

"Decide that you want it more than you are afraid of it."

"Fear is the main source of superstition, and one of the main sources of cruelty. To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom."

"Fear: False Evidence Appearing Real"

I hoping one of these speaks to you.
    Pretesting: Low Ovarian Reserve FSH 10.2, AMH .8
    Team Blue for now

Cycle #1 Potter Long Lupron March 2012
    9 Retrieved. 5 to GSN All Abnormal No Transfer

Cycle#2 Potter MicroDose Lupron with Growth Hormone May 2012
    9 Retrieved 7 to GSN 4 Normals, 2 Girls, 2 Boys (One boy didnt make it to day 5)
    Transfer 1 Compact Boy
    POAS Positive at 8dp5dt
    First Beta 85
    Second Beta 520!!!!

Thinking of Number 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have just read this and am totally baffled. You went through all the ups and downs of IVF and it is NOW you are questioning it?

Where did you cycle? What country are you from?

I didn't read your link, but before I went into this I weighed up all pros and cons, I talked to a therapist about it in depth and came to the conclusion that there are no guarantees in life, that tens of thousands of perfectly healthy IVF babies get born each year.

Your baby will be fine, You need therapy (and I mean this positively) and if you decide to tell him , you tell him, no big deal. So many babies are IVF babies, it really doesn't matter. God wouldn't of allowed IVF if he didn't want it to be used!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No I am serious not trolling, we have not yet made our mind, our most important concern is the health of the child. I don't know the answer to what happens after 30 years if the child develops some bad disease and it traces back to IVF how will we be able to justify that. Although that is very improbable but it might happen we won't be able to forgive ourselves then.
    But surely you realize there are no guarantees that won't happen even with natural TTC. Two families near and dear to me have lost or are in the process of losing their child to cancer and they were conceived naturally. I know naturally conceived kids with autism, severe food allergies, cerebral palsy, and Rett syndrome. My sister has gall bladder disease, I have a heart problem, my MIL has glaucoma, my FIL has Lou Gehrig's disease, my brother had a cyst in his throat that had to be removed when he was a little boy, my niece has kidney disease and we were all naturally conceived.

If you live long enough, we ALL will come down with something - there is NO way to prevent it. No one gets out of here alive unfortunately!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast