Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dr Lin/Dr Potter/SART - Which one?

I have been in contact with all three and was wondering who on here you used for PGD? I will be traveling from Australia for IVF to try for a little girl after 6 boys and have looked into Dr Lin, Dr Potter or SART in Thailand.

Cost is a big factor which is why SART appeals, as well as it seems alot easier with tests/meds from the Aussie side doing it through SART, but I have heard so many good things about Dr Potter and Dr Lin has good packages and sucess rates? If we went with one in the US we would have to save for a bit longer, which will mean I will be older etc (I'm 32, looking to start HT at 33 but if in US it might not be until 35). So hard to take the first step - which one?

Any advice, recommendations etc would be wonderful.

Thanks so much

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I wouldn't go to SART unless that is your only option. They will only biopsy hatching blasts and many ladies would not have their babies today if all clinics did that. We just have not seen success there.

glory is a good one to ask about SART.

Lin or Potter are fine. Potter is more aggressive and pushes for higher numbers to help with your gender split. Lin seems like a very approachable and nice man but seems to yield lower numbers IMO.

New York has options too.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey being from Qld, I would go to Dr Potter.

I did not have success with SART but would still recommend it for people who
    1. Has really good pretesting
    2. Just can't do the whole US thing, cause of work etc... I would have been able to cycle at SART many times without it affecting us too much, as I could go by myself and have all testing done till trigger. Taking time off for the US, arranging with school and not having anyone to help with cycle monitoring etc, would have limited US tries to maybe 2.
    3. Financially it was your only option
    4. You can not find a dr to help
    5. If you can cycle more than once and if it doesn't go well still have the option of going to the US.

The benefit of SART is an Aussie RE, probably meds you can get on PBS, being able to get spare embies sent back over easily, monitoring is easy, cheap family holiday.

The HB thing is controversial, but they use the exact protocol as Genea in Sydney as well as other fertility clinics on Aus.

I haven't seen as much success with Dr Lin lately and I think that is because his testing is not full chromosome, but some people like that.

Becoming a dream member you can see more info about all.
    Last edited by glory; July 10th, 2012 at 03:18 AM.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Great post, glory! Spot on. Logistics are huge and I decided to stay local instead of going to Cali too so I certainly understand that!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you both for your posts. Just thought I'd answer to give you some more info on myself

Pretesting - I'm not sure how I'll go with this. Although I have 6 children I have been told since pregnant with #4 that it's amazing I fall on my own as I have PCOS.

"The US thing" - Like you Glory, I would be able to go to Thailand several times and it wouldn't effect boys/life/work etc to much The US however I would have to be a OHW

Financially - We could do 2 cycles at SART but only afford 1 in the US at this stage

Finding a Dr to help - this will prove to be the hard part but I will try. Wondering if my Dr would send me for the tests if I asked because of my pcos?

Once at SART/ Once in US - I don't think we could due to the above answers

The benefits you mention about SART is what makes it so appealling. Just not sure if it would be a waste of my time/money IYKWIM

I will research (and save) a little more.....................Thanks Again

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    good luck with your choice. boys /Life / Money/ closer! i am going to SART in Sep. I do wish i had a money tree!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by unsure! View Post
    good luck with your choice. boys /Life / Money/ closer! i am going to SART in Sep. I do wish i had a money tree!
    good luck unsure! how did you go with all the pretesting in Australia and how did you find the sydney clinic to deal with? Also Im thinking its about $16,000 all up - am i about right? please let me know how you go, id love to follow your journey.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

SART

Quote Originally Posted by unsure! View Post
    Hi ladies,
    I too have the dilemma of where to go.im in NSW and have been in contact with Cyprus, hrc and SART. It comes down to cost. I have 3 boys and going to Bangkok is just more convientant and I can afford 2 goes.
    We are planning for jan 2013, so I would love to hear how you go on your journey.
    Good luck too you all)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would not go to SART, sorry. Nothing against them, I just wouldn't cycle with any other clinic apart from the popular US ones. Going for the cheaper option is a false economy, in my opinion.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It may work for you, it may not. even though its cheaper and more convenient, a quick as poss bfp is your aim. if you have to go 3+ times to Bangkok, works out cheaper and less cycles in the U.S if it was only once or twice.
    Do your research thoroughly. good luck

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast