Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

day 3 2 probe vs. day 5 with fresh transfer?

My head is spinning reading all about day 3 vs. day 5 testing. My clinic offers day 3 2 probe and also offers full chromosome testing on day 5 with a fresh day 6 transfer. The problem is that I have read that many times the embryos are not ready for testing until day 6 and therefore have to be frozen. There is a huge cost difference between the 2 choices especially if you have to go straight to a FET.

I also worry that they only test at the blastocyst stage. I have seen women on the boards get pregnant with morulas.

I have read the research though that day 3 FISH does reduce pregnancy rates compared to day 5 testing.

If you were 32, normal testing, which would you pick? Are most people doing the day 5 testing now?

Thank you!!

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you want the guarantee of a fresh transfer, if travel is an issue, do the day 3. Many embryos are slower growers and you are correct that you will have to freeze and FET. Are you putting back one embryo?
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you are travelling and do not want to come back for a FET, I would do the day 3. The success of a 2 probe is a lot less than full chromosome testing anyway. Day 5 embryos have a lot more success at implanting whether they are tested day 5 or transferred day 5.

If you are going for a girl, they are notorious for not being ready by day 5.