Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Not sure what to do...advice would be great!

Hi, just joined as have been thinking a lot about going ahead with some form of selection for #3 - already have two amazing boys, i've always wanted 3 kids and would quite happily have either a boy or girl but OH has always been very keen for a girl and i have a bit caught his bug...have spoken to Paul Rainsbury (as am based in UK) and his plan sounds doable but have some questions:
    - are his success rates correct? He says for my age (34) and with no fertility issues, it is around 70% first cycle, 90% (I think) second so pretty good but is a lot of money for 2 cycles to possibly not end up being pregnant in the end...have people used him and with what success?
    - if Rainsbury sends people to Savvas clinic in Cyprus, do they basically have the same success rates? As i've seen some people say Savvas's success rates aren't that high...
    - i've seen a few people mention a clinic called HRC on here - is this available to people in UK? What is the cost? What is the success rate first time round?
    - Are there any other clinics in N America that have better success rates?
    - What about just doing sperm sorting? How successful is that? Where can you have that?

My main concern is spending all this money and going through the ups and downs with no guarantees of successful pregnancies...when i could get pregnant naturally for free but then no guarantees of a girl!!

Am so confused what to do...any advice from people who have been here before??

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi there. Lots more info in the private Dream Member forums.

If you are using Genesis through anyone, it's Genesis doing all the work and their lab. There's not much reason for a middle man. The success rates are nowhere near what he is quoting you though. 30% tops of a live birth based on the people we have had on here go there.

HRC is in California. It's more expensive than Cyprus but they offer comprehensive chromosome testing and have much higher success rates. 75-80% live birth rate.

All stats for cyclers from our website for both clinic are in the Member forum.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sperm sorting/IUI isn't an option anymore. It's IVF or nothing now.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I wouldn't use Rainsburry he is very expensive. You can go straight to Savvas and use his ivf/PGD/spermsort.