Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    OMGosh, I hear you on the drive - lots and lots of alone time to think! I am driving to Dedham from East Greenwich, RI - I will have even EXTRA alone time to think when I have to drive to Reading for ER and T - that drive will be a bitch!! Wish our stuff all happened on the same day and we could drive together, lol!!!

Ok, so today is cycle day 1 for me - I called Tammy and got the low down on how my cycle should look. I am doing a fresh cycle - I will start the BCP tomorrow and take it until Nov. 11th and then she thinks ER will be a few days after Thanksgiving and then ET should be that first week of December. I was really hoping I could get this all done before Thanksgiving but they had to extend my BCP for a bit just to make sure nothing would land on Thanksgiving day because they are closed that day.

Awesome on your FSH - wish mine was that low!! I was at a 7.9 when we did day 3 bloodwork for my pretesting in August, would be awesome if it would somehow get lower by next month but I doubt it, lol! I'm 38 so I gues 7.9 is kind of the norm for my age range. I need to go back to an old thread of yours to get caught up on your story. I take it you are doing a FET and putting back 2 boys!!???? I believe that Dr. Weiss is going to use Menopur with me. I am pretty new to all of the IVF and PGD lingo so I'm not too sure what the Menopur does. I am looking at my sheet right now and he has me on the Antagonist Cyle with Birth Control. Do you know why he would have me take BCP instead of Lupron? Just heard of others using Lupron and didn't know if one was better than the other when it comes to supressing.

Keep me posted on what your next step is!!! Hope you have a great weekend Tinks!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey girls, why are the prices so low here? Can u tell me your success stories with PGD? Did you do FET and what day did Dr. Weiss and what day did they test for PGD, anyone test for 24 chromosomomes?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey GT77 - not sure why the prices are so low at FCNE, glad to know that they are though since I really didn't look anywhere else - FCNE happens to be close to me so it just seemed to be the best option. I really don't have much info for you yet since I haven't cycled yet but I will be more than happy to answer more of your questions once I get things rolling next month. Good luck to you!!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    TP, your FSH isn't so bad! Mine oddly enough has come down since I was 38 (it was 12 when I was 38), but I've been doing everything to be healthy. My TSH on the other hand, it going up and up and up! I am now on Levoxyl for the month. It went from 1.2 in May to 2.9 (which is still technically OK, but it is rising rapidly). I am supposed to approximately start BCPs on Nov 1, but I want to be 100% sure things are A-OK before I drop another dime into this. I did talk to Jamie yesterday in great detail and Dr. Weiss as well. I'm on an aggressive stim too. I have 8 follies on my own, which is decent for 41 as well. He's doing what's called "microflash". He was initially going to do menopur, but then changed it to this new format. I'll be on 20u lupron (10 x 2 daily), gonal, and 2 other things. Totally different protocol from BIVF.
    I did get to talk to Tammy today as well, we're going to do a day 5 24 panel SNIP with Natera. Overall I'm very happy with the way they're treating me and that's most important right now. We're also doing ICSI which we've not done before, but Jamie and Tammy both said it's better to do with IVF.
    Since we're going to have to freeze then transfer the next month, I'm debating on waiting a couple more months before we start. I really want to meet with my endo first and run a full panel of tests on my autoimmune.

Are you going for gender? We are, boys, but I think EVERYONE on this forum knows that, lol. I'm praying for 2 normal to come from this....

How are you eating? I went and did a complete change. Nothing processed, only organic. I gave up sugar, dairy, alcohol, caffeine, and gluten. I have to believe that contributed to the good numbers. My day 10 bloodwork my FSH went to 11, which is understandable since I took Clomid.

Hubby's and my karyotyping both came back normal. No word on AMH yet... My Sono looked awesome as well. Oddly enough, I *shouldn't* have trouble getting pregnant, but yet I still do! Took years to get our girls

Are they giving you PIO? I'm getting it, apparently it's better... I'm not thrilled for more shots.
    Last edited by tinksmagic; October 19th, 2012 at 01:02 AM.
    (DD '89), (DS '92), (DD '99), (DD '05),
    (DS '10),(DS '12)(DS '12) (DS x 2 '13)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Tinks! Ok, how funny - I am on Levoxyl too, can't recall my numbers of my THS but it was borderline high. I am just loving that you are having a baby at 41. I would seriously love 4 kids but I always find myself saying I can't because I'm 38 and running out of time but I could fit a fourth one in there if I really wanted to, lol!!

I want to know about microflash? And do you think I should ask Tammy about Nateral - I'm not too sure if I understand what it is but I have been seeing it pop up here and there on this forum, it seems like it might be the new way to go with PGD. I need to send my papers and money out in the next couple of weeks so I better check this stuff out soon! We will be doing ICSI as well. Tammy is great isn't she - I love her accent! I moved here from California so I get a kick out of strong New England accents, love it!

And yes, we are going for a girl. We have 2 awesome little dudes but REALLY want the opportunity to raise a daughter too so here we are! OMG, you are so good with your diet - I haven't changed a darn thing. I'm thinking I should for this next month leading up to my cycle. I guess I need to read up on what to eat before IVF - I guess just do what you are doing . . . organic, gluten free, no sugar, no alcohol or caffeine - not sure I will live long enough to make it to my cycle if I give all that up, lol!!

What is PIO?? Not sure if I will have that or not. Is that the Progesterone Injections?? If it is, then yes I will have those too. Whatever Dr. Weiss is doing seems to be working because the last 2 girls from here that cycled there are preggers now with their baby girls!!! Love that we are both cycling at the same place, I can't wait to cheer you on when your cycle comes!!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi tinksmagic and tickledpink! Sorry to just jump right into your post, but I am very eager to try IVF/PGD in the future (I am actually 5 months pregnant with baby boy #3 and experiencing really bad GD so it's the hope of going through what you both are going through in the future that is keeping me from feeling terribly sad all day). My husband actually has always wanted four kids, so I'm glad that we both agree to have more kids, but after doing a pretty hard core girl sway for this baby, and then having it fail, we both agree that we'd like to go HT next time around. We are in NH so your thread was especially interesting for me, as I think the clinic you both are going to would be best for me. So I am anxious to read all of your posts to see how things are going and get familiar with the lingo, etc. I hope you both don't mind me joining in to ask questions! Thanks in advance for your kindness and support )

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi wantingatutu (cute name by the way!) - of course you can jump on to our thread! That is pretty much what I did when I saw a few girls who lived in the same area as me and were cycling at the same clinic. To be honest with you, I had tons of GD when I was pregnant with DS #2 and I can't believe how much I can't stop kissing the little booger now, he is the best thing ever. I know that's how you will be with DS #3 - and now that you know that you can go HT to get your girl and your husband is on board, you can totally relax and get excited about your perfect family of 3 boys and a girl!! I didn't even know about going HT when I was pregnant with DS #2 - I was so excited to find out that there were people as crazy as me who wanted a daughter as bad as I did and there was actually a FOR SURE way to get her!! Lol!

I have heard great things about FCNE and am having a great experience there so far so I'm glad that you think you would use them as well. I am so happy to have you join in on our journeys as I will be very excited to join in on yours. I still can't believe that my hubby and I are actually going through with this, it just seems so surreal and I am soooooo praying that it works the first time but need to know that it might take a couple of tries. And you are welcome to ask tons of questions - I am still learning so I'm not that much help now but should be tons of help in a month or so!!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi again! Thank you SO much for letting me join in on the conversation and for answering any questions I may have! I think when the time comes it will also feel SO surreal. I am just starting to get excited about a new baby in the house - although at times it's tough when you see all of your friends having baby girls But I love my two boys dearly and they will be thrilled to have a baby brother (they don't know what is in mommy's tummy - not telling them till the birth!). I am also looking forward to a family of four, when that happens )

So I do have a few questions for you already - hope you don't mind! First is, was insurance able to help you at all with the cost of IVF? I am trying to research that now with our insurance but haven't quite figured it out yet (just reading through paperwork - I really don't want to have to make that phone call just yet). Also, do you know if your meds are covered by insurance - or are you paying all out of pocket? We have a lot saved up already for this venture, just wanting to know JUST how much we will need. How much, roughly, do you think your first cycle (or each cycle, for that matter) will cost? Are they able to give you a bundle - like three cycles for a certain price? Again, thanks for taking the time to answer these questions and I REALLY look forward to seeing how things go for you at FCNE! Wishing you success on your FIRST cycle!!!!!!!!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    HI Ladies! TP, hope things are going great in your cycle. I'm "technically" supposed to start tomorrow, but the insurance company is holding things up. They refused to cover ICSI and PGD. Their reasoning, unless one of us has a translocation or disease (which thankfully we don't) they won't cover. Nor will they cover despite RPL due to chromosomal abnormalities which make NO SENSE to me; they'd rather pay for a failed cycle (about 15K) or possibly a child with defect for the rest of it's life than weed out that possibility and only create healthy embryos. I'm appealing their decision this week.

Wantingatutu, I fully understand your GD. I went through is horribly with DD #3 and didn't have the wonderful support from this group 7 years ago. We have 4. It's great!!! Loud, expensive, but great!!! We will have 6 by the time we're done. Then WE'RE DONE!!! lol.

Where in NH are you? Reading is real close to the NH border for FCNE so that's awesome!!! Enjoy #3, I met a woman the other night preggers and asked and got the "another boy" grumble. I had to remind her to be thankful he's healthy and there are women (me) who would kill to be pregnant with a boy. I know her feeling, but we also need to be reminded that it's a good thing too!!! My DD #3 gives me the run around but at the end of the day, she's right there for snuggles. I'm going to miss the nail polish all over my furniture and floor, tons of shoes all over the house, my make up bag raids, hair bows and elastics... sighs... bring on the Tonka trucks and biker baby boy clothes!!! I'M READY!!!
    (DD '89), (DS '92), (DD '99), (DD '05),
    (DS '10),(DS '12)(DS '12) (DS x 2 '13)

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am VERY new to forums. (This is my first attempt!) I just had my ER yesterday at FCNE. I have to say that everything about them has been wonderful. We are hoping to have PGD. My last cycles were at Baystate Medical Center. Even though I have to drive 2 hrs, I am glad we decided to go with FCNE
    Last edited by needalittlepink; October 31st, 2012 at 02:08 PM.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast