Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi tinksmagic ) I live in Keene, NH, so pretty far from Reading, MA - although we will surely make the drive if we find that that clinic yields the best results. Yes, I'm dealing a bit with GD, but am slowly getting excited for DS3 - getting all the baby clothes ready and buying new bedding has definitely helped ) I think it's more the comments that I get that are really starting to bother me but I just have to grin and bear it. After all, they are MY kids and I will love them know matter what their gender! I hope to add a daughter to the bunch after this one and then we would be done ) I'm just worried about the toll it will take on me emotionally (how are you holding up?) and on our wallets?! If you wouldn't mind sharing, would you let me know how much money is involved per cycle? I would love to wrap my head around the idea of spending so much money way in advance! Many thanks for your post - and I look forward to chatting more! Hugs to you!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello Ladies!

First of all, welcome needalittlepink! Wow, you have most likely already had your ET - how did it go?? I want to hear all about it! Hoping everything went as smooth as can be!

Wantingatutu - I am pretty lucky because insurance is covering the IVF portion of things. And I believe that my meds are covered too - I will find out soon because Tammy is ordereing them in the next couple of days. I think paying for an IVF bundle is a smart thing if your insurance DOES NOT cover IVF. They say it could take a couple of cycles for it to work and it would be nice knowing that if the first one fails you get another try. That's a great question to ask in the private forum - these girls who have been through it already have tons and tons of knowledge on all this stuff!!! I will tell you that for the PGD portion of things, I had to send FCNE a check for $2,250 and another check to Reprogenetics (the PGD lab) for $1700. Hope that helps a little honey!

Tinksmagic, did you work things out with your insurance company?? When do you think you will be able to start your cycle?? I take my last BCP on the 11th and then get AF and then it's go time. . . . getting very excited and scared all at the same time!!!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Tickled - Thanks for your message ) Glad to hear things are going well so far! And thanks for the information about insurance, cost, etc. Just wondering how you figured out that your insurance would pay for IVF? Wondering if it will be a problem to get it covered because it isn't for medical reasons. And do you have to send the $2,250 + $1,700 for each cycle? I'm thinking that's how it works, correct? I'm so excited for you! Hoping the first time around works out great! And regarding the "private forum" - I'm so new to this, I'm not sure what you are talking about - could you let me know how to get to the private forum? Thanks!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome Needa!
    I'm still appealing my insurance company. I have to call Tammy later today to get things going. I got my initial amounts (approx) ICSI $1500, PGD $3100 (full 24 panel), IVF and meds are 100% covered by my insurance. I don't know yet what Ericsson will cost, need to call Lewiston.

I'm getting my blood checked again after being on Levoxyl for a month. My TSH needs to come down a bit. I am in the process of seeing an Endo to get a full panel done before I commit to another cycle. My daughters are both having issues, my oldest upped her Levoxyl and my middle despite a normal TSH is high free T4, so I want to get a clean bill across the board. Other than that, I'm still keeping on my path. That and I wanted to make sure the Clomid is fully out of my system.

I will admit part of me is kinda pushing it out because I'm scared to try again and lose them. This will be our most expensive option, but the best one. The good news is, microflare is getting fantastic results and that's awesome news!!!

heading out, will post more later today after talking with Tammy. Good luck TP, 2 more days!!! WHoo hoo!
    (DD '89), (DS '92), (DD '99), (DD '05),
    (DS '10),(DS '12)(DS '12) (DS x 2 '13)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wanting - I looked at my insurance plan online and then called. I was nervous to call because I didn't necessarily have an infertility problem but I just asked what was covered when it came to infertlity and they were really nice and didn't ask any questions. You will get the most information if you just call, you don't have to give them any personal information so don't worry! And if you have embies that are frozen from your first cycle then you won't have to pay the PGD fee each cycle but if you have to do PGD a second time then yes, you will have to pay those fees again.

Tinks - what is microflare?? I am getting nervous that I might not be doing the right PGD protocol. Dr. Weiss signed me up for FISH 3 probe (X,Y and 21). I just kind of went along with it since I don't really know bout all of this stuff. I am wondering if I should be doing the full 24 chromosome panel - but then does that mean that I will have to do a FET? Maybe I will call Tammy next week and get her advice. It looks like you are on the right path Tinks and it's a good idea to not rush into anything.

Ok, my last BCP is tonight and then we just wait for AF to come!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wanting - just click the link at the top of the page "Become A Dream Member" - it's a $12 fee, then you can have access to the private forum where there is tons more info!!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    TP ~ how's things progressing?
    We're doing the full 24 panel only because we've done the 5 panel twice now and both ended in m/c. I requested the full 24. I wanted to do the full 24 last time, but BIVF was unwilling to use Natera (again, they did everything to piss me off...). I'm doing the microflare as we did a normal lupron the first cycle, and an aggressive the second and there was no difference in the amount of eggs I got. From what I'm reading on other forums, microflare has been working for a ton of women and almost all are pregnant now.\

I did just have a full blood work panel done, I'll have results tomorrow (Tues). I've been on the lovoxyl for a month now, but FCNE couldn't retest my TSH, so I had to go to my PCP who is testing it all!!! I'm not going to cycle until I'm 100% confident I'm OK. I did add a few more supplements to my mix as well, to start boosting. Added to hubby's too (again to start boosting!)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Tinks, I have been meaning to catch up with you to let you know how things went with me and see how you are doing! As you probably saw in my signature, I only ended up with 7 eggs, 4 mature and 3 fertilitzed. Such a bummer! My AFC was pretty low and I'm thinking I wasn't on the right protocol. I am wondering if microflare would work better for me, need to have a sit down with Dr. Weiss to discuss everything. He seems pretty set on me doing the FISH 3 probe for PGD, don't you think that with my previous losses and my age that I would benefit from 5 day aCGH? I didn't know that he offered Natera, how did you get him to to that?? Fill me in, fill me in!!!!

Sorry about your insurance being a big pain in the ars - that sucks! You are being so good and patient by waiting to make sure that you are 100% ready to cycle. How did your last full bw panel come out?? Maybe we will end up cycling around the same time now that I have to move on to cycle #2. Good luck to us both!!
    DS#1 in 2008 08/09 11/09 DS#2 in 2011
    Due Date for is April 17th, 2014!

Cycle #1 at FCNE, Nov. 2012: 7 eggs retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized. Batching the 3 embryos to add to another cycle in early 2013.
    Cycle #2 at FCNE, Feb. 2013: Cancelled Cycle due to poor response.
    Cycle #3 at FCNE, May 2013: 4 eggs retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized, unthawed the 3 on ice. Out of 6 embryos, 4 made it to biopsy (day 5 aCgh) - 3 abnormal XY's and 1 healthy XX!! Planned FET on July 30th,2013.
    BFP on 6dp5dt!! 1st Beta: 271 on 10dp5dt!! 2nd Beta:

LOVE LOVE LOVE my 2 little dudes but now hoping to add a or to our family!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Full panel came back awesome!!! No other autoimmunes, just borderline hypothryoid. The levoxyl dropped me from 2.97 to .963!!! WOW!!! Bummer though I will be on it the rest of my life now My ANA is fine as is my other levels, TPO went from 29.4 to 18.3 so that's dropping too despite the antibodies present. Neither dr. thinks it will be an issue, so I'm good to go!!

I just found out today my employer is changing insurance offerings. It's Dec 4, we're supposed to have open enrollment done by the 5th!! Grrr, they're so not on top to things, going to call today. If I have to change (for the better!!!) I'm stuck waiting til Feb now. If not, next month is our go.

I basically laid out to Dr. Weiss what we had been through and how I want/insist on using Natera and he was ok with it. We are doing the microdose flare lupron protocol without menopur (still need to double check that!). We've already twice now done 3 day 5 panel and I again am insisting on 24 full b/c of the last 2 miscarriages. Trisomy 10 got one of my sons, we never tested that, who would?? It's so rare, but we need to know all of them now since we've had random chromosomal abnormalities all over the place.

Keep in touch, I'm being kicked out of work for the day, lol, going home to sleep!!!

I'm sorry you only got 3, I'm fearing that myself. When do you start again?

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Tinks and Tickled, I've been checking in on this page to see how things are going with you both but see that you haven't posted in a while. Hope everything is okay! Would love to see how you both have made out with your transfers, etc. Happy New Year to both of you and hope to hear from you both soon!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast