Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm thinking of doing rma NYC because nyu doesn't do isci for pgd. We r only doing pgd for gender and I'm hearing I have better luck w/ isci. R u doings it just for gender? I'm getting nervous for the shots!!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Update Starting Birth Control Today...

I am doing this to conceive a girl. Just got back from the dr - did my day 4 blood work so anxious to get that back. Dr strongly recommends transferring only one embryo due to his very high twins rates. He gives me more than 80% chance of success with one high quality embryo and that we will freeze the others if I have them. Gives me a 75% chance of a FET being performed in the next cycle and a 25% chance of a fresh transfer on day 5 or day 6. The cost is the same either way. He says in the end it is up to me with the number of embryos i put back but that transferring 2 only increases my odds of bfp by 5% and will increase my odds for multiples by 60% so it is a no brainer for me. I will only do two unless some crazy new circumstances come into play and putting back 2 will be a better option - but highly unlikely. Dr T. also does erriccson method (high tech sperm spinning) on my hubby's sperm before the fertilization, so hopefully that will give me more girls to work with, too!!! I thought that was a huge benefit! He also has already been able to score me a lot of the expensive medicines. The meds have been donated by his past patients! I start my birth control today and stop them on the 23rd and the lupron shots start on Sunday. I go back friday for saline ultrasound and hubby gets blook work done then too. They will teach us how to mix meds then as well. I then come in on the 28th for ultrasound and bloodwork to make sure i am good to go for ivf injections. EEEEEK! Our daughter is going to have to elope with how much this is all going to end up costing us! lol!!

One question- dr gave me a 75% chance that the emrbryos with go straight to freeze and be trasferred the following cycle. He says this is becoming a more successful practice but will monitor me closely and if he feels good about my tests/hormones, etc he will do a fresh transfer the same cycle as the egg retrieval....What is everyone else doing? He does do isci too - says no pgd should be done without it.
    Last edited by prayingforaprincess; September 14th, 2012 at 04:46 PM.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Praying- are u talking about dr. Tortellio? I have a consult with him in October.
    Cycle#1 Jan/Feb 2013: 10 eggs retrieved, 8 mature, 8 fertilized. 1 expanded blast frozen to batch.

Cycle #2 May/June 2013: 17 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized, 3 blasts frozen. Sending all 4 to Natera: 2 normals- 1 girl (cycle 2) & 1 boy (cycle 1)

Cycle #3 September 2013: 11 eggs retrieved, 8 mature, 8 fertilized. 4 biopsied. 2 normal boys

FET #1: October 25th: BFN

Cycle#4: Feb/March 2014: 12 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 10 fertilized. 1 normal XX! Transfer March 3rd. BFP: 3/9/14!!!! Beta: 7dp6dt:38, 9dp6dt:139!, 6weeks 1 day: heartbeat!!!

She's here and I'm in love

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Dr Traub...are you in New Jersey??

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No I'm in NY. Is he the doc you were mentioning is also in staten island? That's easily accessible to me. Just wondering if I should check it out!
    Cycle#1 Jan/Feb 2013: 10 eggs retrieved, 8 mature, 8 fertilized. 1 expanded blast frozen to batch.

Cycle #2 May/June 2013: 17 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized, 3 blasts frozen. Sending all 4 to Natera: 2 normals- 1 girl (cycle 2) & 1 boy (cycle 1)

Cycle #3 September 2013: 11 eggs retrieved, 8 mature, 8 fertilized. 4 biopsied. 2 normal boys

FET #1: October 25th: BFN

Cycle#4: Feb/March 2014: 12 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 10 fertilized. 1 normal XX! Transfer March 3rd. BFP: 3/9/14!!!! Beta: 7dp6dt:38, 9dp6dt:139!, 6weeks 1 day: heartbeat!!!

She's here and I'm in love

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yep, Michael Traub. I think he works out of staten island too, here is their website... Reproductive Center of Central New Jersey

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12