Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    37 on Sunday :-) We'll try a clinic in Dubai. Going there end of February.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Swiss, are you aware of the fact that they are not allowed to freeze embryos in Dubai? In other words, if you have extra embryos they will be thrown away. This is the reason why I chose not to go to Dubai.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire33 View Post
    Swiss, are you aware of the fact that they are not allowed to freeze embryos in Dubai? In other words, if you have extra embryos they will be thrown away. This is the reason why I chose not to go to Dubai.
    Yes. Should never cycle somewhere like that. At 37, you are likely looking at more than one try and that may include a FET. I can't imagine going through all this and then throwing "extras" of your DG in the trash.

It's also going to pressure people to put back too many embryos which can also prove to be disastrous. There are better options.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, I'm aware of this factor and have decided to give it a try. I doubt that I will have various embryos of a good quality of the desired gender. I weight the fact that they (besides FISH) offer Microarray as a testing method with test on day 5 and transfer on the same day higher. It's a difficult choice if you need to find a clinic not as far as the U.S....
    @nuthinbutpink: what better options are you thinking about?

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you choose to test on day 5 and your embryos are not at blast stage, they will not be able to wait to test on day 6 because it will be too late to transfer and they cannot freeze. The cycle will be a total waste. If you choose to go that route, I would test on day 3 for sure.

So many of us get pregnant via FETs but if you are fine risking it, that's your choice!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How many hours flight is Dubai from Germany? I'm from the Netherlands.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What if you end up with 3 XX. Are you okay transferring potentials triplets with a first cycle? Just lots of issues to consider.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

8. Likes Butterflies buttercups liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    @nuthbutpink
    Good point reg. day 3 testing, thank you. Yes, it could be, in a very lucky case, that I will end up with 3 XX of good quality (and I won't implant 3 I guess) but the whole IVF/PGD journey is full of unknown factors you have to deal with..I learnt from this forum that PGD is kind of an art and experience as well as an up-to-date technology is key. PGD has hardly any history in Europe and therefore the clinics can't be as experienced as in other parts of the world..
    Last edited by Swiss; January 11th, 2013 at 11:51 AM.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    May I ask you what are the costs for the whole treatment and which clinic and doctor you are considering?

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Swiss, Check The homepage of ****. PGD is legal and only GS is Not 100% official....

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast