Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I almost cycled in Cyprus but ended up cycling elsewhere in Europe as a few IG girls were going at the time, the price was good, all the staff spoke good English, they were getting a good few BFPs with girls on fertility friends doing donor egg IVF and it was closer to the UK. None of us IG girls doing PDG that went there last year have babies however so I would not recommend. I also followed all the girls cycling in Cyprus last year and only one had a viable pregnancy. I think the IG success rate for girls doing IVF/PGD in Europe last year was about 5% and I'm very glad I bit the bullet and went to the US in the end. There are a few UK girls that are currently pregnant after cycling with Dr Potter last year in comparison. I looked at Farah and think they are a good clinic, but they don't offer the same thing (you have to have a UK doctor set your protocol on the UK or go out there for 3 weeks). We took our boys for a wonderful 11 night Disney holiday. It was great. I spent £8,000 on my US cycle (Inc uk monitoring and meds) but excluding the holiday bit (flights, accom) etc.
    and my HT born May11

Feb10: IVF/PGD/SET in Europe: Chemical pregnancy. May10: FET/SET:BFN. Aug10 US cycle at HRC with Dr P SET: BFP!!

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Dreaming - Thanks for your info. Which UK clinic did you use? what do you tell the clinic you are there for?
    , , swayed girl, blessed with another beautiful

Planning PDG June 2013 for or our dream comes true

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi girls, Ive just come over from ig too. Im going to Cyprus in May.Im having my first down reg injection tomorrow night. Cant wait to hear more from you guys. Good luck.x

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    rugbyteam- Brilliant news! You must be so excited!

For a girl? Will this be your first pgd attempt? which clinic in Cyprus have you chosen? If you dont mind me asking how much £ are you spending in total? Are you taking your children with you? Are you from trh UK also?

(sorry for so many questions)

GOOD LUCK Im praying it works for you and will follow your story :-) Look forward to chatting with you more.

ILPink x

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi, yes for a girl!! This is our second attempt. We went with rainsbury same time last year but I bled heavy on return. We are going to genesis clinic direct this time as it's half the price. About £7500. We are taking the boys and treating it as a family holiday, a very expensive one lol. We only went to the clinic twice last time but think we will be going a few more times this time. But the boys just took their ds's etc so they didn't even notice anything. What's your story? Xx

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi,

Brilliant, I wish you so much luck and hope it happens for you this time. Sorry to hear it didn's work out for you the first time. How much was your travel and accomodation on top of that? Does the £7500 include meds and monotoring in the uk? Are you going for 2 weeks?

We have 3 boys. We swayed heavily for pink but were blessed with ds3 who we'd never change for the world. But still desperate for a dd to complete our family. I wouldn't risk swaying again so starting to save up at the end of this summer and hopefully cycle sometime in 2012, a while off I know but it's all I can think about now that we've decided on it X

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi
    The price is €8500 and that includes are meds. We are going for 3 weeks so will have scans out there. Flights for 6 were £1800, and hotel about £2000. Hope this helps. We were so sure it was going to work the first time as I responded a bit too well to meds and we had 14 em, 7 boys and 7 girls. Doctor said he hadn't ever had a couple like that so can't believe it didn't work. I have to take it easy on return this time. Have you told anyone your plans? Only a special friend knows mine as she would love pink too. X

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That must have been awful for you especially with 7, did they put 2 back in?

Hopefully things will go much better this time round for you :-)

The only person we have told is my mum, and she is being really supportive, I would never tell anyone else, I know what the reaction would be.

Were you doing your injections this weekend? How did they go?

ILPink X

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm currently pregnant with #6 and dh was open to going hi tech before we got pregnant this time every one is convinced that this is my long awaited DD but if it's not I'm going to speak to DH about going Hi tech we'd have to do a bit of saving so wouldnt be for a few years but could maybe make it a 30th birthday present. Have to say I wasnt aware of the low success rates in Europe definatly a swaying factor for going to the US!

Do your DH's have to go over or can all that bit be done here its just I'm sure I spoke to a girl who went over on her own. Obviously would be a heck of a lot cheaper if it was only me who had to go and a lot less stressful as one of my sons has ADHD.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good luck I'd Love Pink
    Mom to Sept. 04, April 08, ^i^ May 09 & April 10

Trying to convince DH to try for a tubal reversal baby girl soon!

My Ovulation Chart

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast