Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Should I test embryo for chromosomal abnortmalaties along with pgd?

Hi All,

I'm new to this site. I have been on ingender for awhile but its very slow moving and I dont get that many responses to my questions. I have three perfect little boys and am going ht in the fall to hopefully complete our family with a little girl. I met with my doctor on thursday for the first time and he recommeneded that I only test the embryo for gender and not chromosonal abnormalaties. He said that because of my age (34) and the fact that I have had three healthy pregnancies that he didn't see a need for it. He also belives that the tests are inaccurate and many embryos can be deamed abnormal and result in a healthy pregnancy/baby. What do you all think? I am leaning towards doing the testing anyway, even though its and extra $2200. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
    Mommy to 3 perfect boys 5/0710/09 6/119/12
    Going ht in fall 2013.... Praying for a to complete our family

Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It depends on which technique you choose. Fish 5 probe does not test all chromosomes. Just 5. Natera test 24 probe but you need a FET and you can do a day 5 ACGH with a fresh transfer on day 6.

You can see this as a normal pregnancy but you only want to know the gender you can test only gender.

Maybe you can post this in the dream member section. More people can help you over there I think.

Good luck!

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It depends on which testing you choose. Do not use day 3 aCGH. It isn't accurate for gender.

I chose FISH because I was like your doctor and unsure of the accuracy of testing an embryo on day 3 or day 5 of its existence and I just wanted to know gender.

If you make a ton of embryos, it may make sense to choose a 24-chromosome testing PGD to help narrow down your choice come transfer time.

If I cycled again today and had 10 embryos or less, I would still use FISH with the fewest probes as possible. I had no idea about the health of my natural pregnancies before implantation so I just don't see the need still now.

Frankly, I do not see the need to over complicate the process by testing for everything which may or may not be accurate. We know for a fact that day 3 testing with any PGD method is not reliable- except for gender. Gender determination using FISH is accurate.

There are lots more HT people, info, past cycle data in the member section!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much for your response. I am new to all of this and am so confused by it lol. can I ask you how i view the member board? I paid the $12 but its still saying its private. Thank you again!
    Mommy to 3 perfect boys 5/0710/09 6/119/12
    Going ht in fall 2013.... Praying for a to complete our family