Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

If your attempt fails...

Hi I'm currently 18weeks pg with our second child which I've been told at 16weeks is another boy.
    I'm not in a great state of mind at the moment as we tried to sway pink. I can't accept the fact I'll never have a DD and despite always saying 'I only want 2...' I want a girl more. I've realised I could risk another sway so I'm beginning to look into HT.

Finance will play a huge part in our decision as we are both on modest incomes, (think teachers salary!) I've emailed Genesis, CY and Dr Savvas emailed me with his prices.
    I think we could afford 1 shot, with mega savings and probably a loan. So my worry obviously would be if it resulted in a bfn, what next?

Would I need to start whole process again or does he keep eggs from 1st attempt that can be used in 2nd attemp therefore costing less???

Sorry if this doesn't make any sense! x
    1 beautiful DS swayed pink... but a blue one got through!
    bfp 12/12/12...
    EDD 23/08/13

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi there. You will end up(hopefully) with embryos available for transfer and you may choose to transfer one or 2 and freeze any leftovers. It is highly possible that you will not have any extras and if that is the case, you start over with a new cycle if that one doesn't work.

If the fresh attempt fails and you have extra embryos, you may then go back for a frozen embryo transfer- FET. There is a fee for that too plus Meds. It's not as much as a full cycle but it isn't free or included.

HTH
    Last edited by nuthinbutpink; March 21st, 2013 at 06:50 AM.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That does help thank you. Just trying to gather as much info as I can at the moment. Any idea how much the FET costs? Sorry! x
    1 beautiful DS swayed pink... but a blue one got through!
    bfp 12/12/12...
    EDD 23/08/13

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ive calculated for me and our 3 boys to go to cyprus it would cost about £11 to £12000, I guess ft would be at a guess maybe £6k maximum, probably more like £5k?? no idea, let you know when I find out.

You coud always send your hubby over to freeze some sperm, then just you go over to save on holiday costs but you would then obviously need to stay for a week ish on your own.

For a FET you could probably go on your own for a few nights but not sure how much he charges for that, so that cost plus meds and flights and staying for 3 nights and food which is why I guessed at about £5k

Hope you find some contentment and happiness with your pregnancy as I know how it feels, my DS3 is so sweet though, he is my bonus child, that extra one I hadn't planned for, thats how Im trying to see it, wouldn't be without him and hopefully a daughter is in the future through ht. I couldn't do another pregnancy though knowing it prob. wouldn't be a girl again

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm thinking of going to genesis or **** for a girl. I'm also worried about it taking a few tries as we have to bring our boys with us and say its a family holiday as we haven't told anyone what we are doing I'm from ireland and it wouldn't be a topic I could discuss with anyone without being judged.