Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

IVF Centre Prof Zech/ Austria, CH, Czech

Knows anybody s.th. about IVF Centre Prof Zech ? Are they doing gender selection ?
    Thanks a lot !

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi,
    I am pretty sure they don't do any gender selection in Austria or Switzerland. They are not even allowed to tell you a gender split. This is different in Czech. There is a clinic, ****, in Prague, and their OB and embryologist are from Zech clinics. They opened **** two years ago I think, and in Czech, they are allowed to tell you which embryos are male and which ones are female. You can chose the embryos you want back. So they don't offer this openly but it is possible. Up until now, I think 3 of us on here have gone HT with them. All of us had a NT though. Now I don't know if this is just a coincidence. I am not sure anymore what I should be thinking about them. I myself had a few problems with them and the others did too.

If you want me to, I can write in German as well of course

Wishing you the best of luck.
    2008 (IUI) and
    2010 (IUI)

so much for a or
    1st cycle at **** in October 2012 - ER on 10/13: 25 eggs retrieved, 21 fertilized, 11 went to biopsy:
    9 abnormal xy, 1 abnormal xx, 1 normal xy and NO healthy girls

Now planning to go to Dr. Potter in fall 2013. Sooo looking forward to it!

Cannot believe it! Holding a positive pregnancy test in my hands on 1/7/13. Just like that, no help at all. Hoping and praying so hard for a
    18 week scan says it really is a

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Unfortunately I think so, too. I remember reading somwhere about someone who asked to get to know the gender of embryos at the Zech Center in Austria and was refused. **** indeed does it and maybe some other clinics in Prague, too.

Longingforagirl - is there a place to read about all three experiences in ****s? Can I find it in the member's section? And do I need credit card to become a member or will paypal be sufficient?

Lisa - I consider going to Czech in 2014 or 2015 (can't go earlier as I am currently 9 month pregnant with my first boy ) ... Austria would be manageable too, but I don't think, GS is possible there

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We use Paypal. All of the cycles are in the member section.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Cockatoo,
    yes, they are all in the members section. There are other clinics in czech as well, yes, but they are not very experienced with PGD, so for Gender Selection we all chose ****.
    Good luck! Hope to see you in the members section then.
    2008 (IUI) and
    2010 (IUI)

so much for a or
    1st cycle at **** in October 2012 - ER on 10/13: 25 eggs retrieved, 21 fertilized, 11 went to biopsy:

Cannot believe it! Holding a positive pregnancy test in my hands on 1/7/13. Just like that, no help at all. Hoping and praying so hard for a

Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know a few girls who went to ******** clinic near Prague for GPD. They don't offer gender selection but you can choose your embryos, they tell you the gender just like ****. At this moment I would choose ******** rather then ****. I have never seen PGD BFPs with **** but I did see it with ********.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you all for your help. I have a telephone date with the prof zech clinic next week, i will ask for gs and will tell you.

We want to make it this year in july or august, we have 2 great boys and dreaming of a girl

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by lisvna View Post
    I know a few girls who went to ******** clinic near Prague for GPD. They don't offer gender selection but you can choose your embryos, they tell you the gender just like ****. At this moment I would choose ******** rather then ****. I have never seen PGD BFPs with **** but I did see it with ********.
    ******** was my choice when I didn`t fall pregnant at all. They are good at PGD as well? Where have you read of BFPs with PGD with them? I seriously had no idea...
    2008 (IUI) and
    2010 (IUI)

so much for a or

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Lisa
    Did you tell them what the purpose for your call is? Who are you going to call? The Zech clinic in Pilsen is quite similar to ****. They do mainly PGD for health reasons but you can discuss other options...If you become a Member I can send you a PM.
    All the best

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Aaargh^^ I wanted to pay for membership today and although I was able to open my paypal account, it did say that a credit card needs to be registered on paypal and that my current card is not sufficient. so membership will have to wait for 1 or 2 days because I will need hubby's credit card number.

Swiss - when I will be a member, could you then please send me a PM, too? As I am very interested in going to a Czech Clinic but not necessary ****, maybe ******** or Pronatal or Zech in Pilsen ... just don't know what is possible in these clinics as they wrote to me via e-mail that things like choosing an embryo need to be talked through via phone or face-to-face and not per mail (I hope though, that this means, it will be possible ). Two women I know were a OHW in Pilsen with PGD, so I think **** is not the only Clinic with good embryologists in Czech. But they both had to do PGD for medical reasons and they didn't do GS. **** is still a big option for me but with other clinics more trials would be possible from financial point of view.
    Last edited by Drunken Cockatoo; April 9th, 2013 at 07:48 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast