Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

if money were not an option...

which would be the best and then 2nd best case scenario with regards to choosing what method:

fresh transfer vs FET
    and
    what type of PGD testing (i.e. acgh, natera, FISH etc)

Polpectomy/Hysteroscopy complete (2 polyps)
    June ER @ HRC
    30 retrieved, 24 mature, 23 fertilized, 17 to biopsy, 5 normal, 2xy!, 1 transferred, 1 frozen
    HB seen at 6w4d!

I can't believe I did this!

My HT son
    My family is complete. Baby fever resolved!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You have asked the million dollar question because it really is an individual thing.

For me, best case is FET and whatever PGD full chromosome testing the clinic I had chosen uses.

I would choose my clinic and RE first and make sure I am happy and comfortable with them and just trust in their testing methods. If it is a good clinic, then their testing methods will reflect that.

Reasons for not doing FET are travel, some clinics prefer fresh transfers still and are not as good at FET's. No down time in between.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I did fresh tf due to travel & age. You usually only get a few normals of your desired gender at best each cycle. It took me 3 stimulation cycles to get pregnant. If I had done FET I would have taken longer to get to my goal. At 38 & travelling from Australia I didn't think it was ideal.

It's also possible to travel for your FET & the embryo not thaw. It happens & you would have spent time & money on the cycle.

I would only do full 24 chromosome testing. It greatly increases your chance of getting pregnant and not miscarrying.

Good luck.
    Australian couple
    Parents to :4:2: Working with Dr Potter at HRC for our HT :or
    Cycle #1 IVF in Australia (MIVF) 2010, ER 22, 18 fertilized, 6 survived to day 2, 1 TF = Chemical. 5 frozen day 2 - poor quality
    Cycle #2 Aug 12 Dr Potter at HRC. ER 13, 10 mature, 9 fertilized, 8 to Day 3 PGD, 1 normal XX TF= BFN.
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/cycl...e-hrc-bfn.html
    Sperm frozen at HRC so I can cycle alone next time
    Cycle #3 December 12 Dr Potter HRC. Micro dose Lupron flare with GH. Preparation 12 weeks DHEA, acupuncture, chinese herbs, Metformin and extreme low carb diet. 11 eggs, 7 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 to day 5 Natera, both XY HB. NT :-(
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/cycl...ansfer-28.html
    Cycle #4March 13 Dr Potter HRC. Micro dose lupron Flare with Follistim 450iu & Menopur 300iu & Saizen GH. Continued acupuncture, chinese herbs, low carb diet, Metformin and DHEA. Added fertility yoga. 31 Eggs, 24 Mature, 18 fertilized, 10 to day 5 aCGH, 4 normal Hatched Blasts- 3 XY and 1 XX. TF day 6 fully HB. 7dpd6t BFP.
    Betas 7dpd6t = 134, 10dpd6t= 432, 12dpd6t = 713, 15dpd6t 2000
    Ultrasound planned 15th April