Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Please advise about weird cycle

I had only 6 follicles on my antral follicle count yesterday (5 on one side and 1 on the other). All of my labs have been very promising so far. Weirdly, I also had a very short period after only 19 days, when up until this month my period was 27-28 days like clockwork. I had a very painful ovulation the previous month on day 12. I also had taken maca for a couple of months prior and became concerned about breast soreness so stopped it this past month. Could withdrawal from maca have caused my early period? Could this weird period contribute to a low antral follicle count? My doctor thinks that I should proceed with this cycle. But, I wonder if I shouldn't wait a couple of months to see if there is just something weird going on this month. My doctor doesn't want me to wait because it would be 2-3 months before i could schedule this again. She told me to start stimming and see if more follicle grow that may be hiding. 2 years ago I had 11 follicles on my afc but they retrieved 23--although that didn't end well. Please advise!!!

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would not cycle. 1 antral on one side is a problem. I wouldn't take any supplements like that leading up to IVF that can mess with your hormones.

Do you have funds to do more than one cycle? If not, I would 100% wait. You're too suppressed if your testing has been better than just 6 antrals.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    In women, maca works by controlling estrogen in the body. Estrogen levels that are high or low at the wrong time can keep a woman from becoming pregnant or keep her from carrying to term. Excess estrogen levels also cause progesterone levels to become too low. Taking maca may help to increase the progesterone levels which are essential to carrying a healthy pregnancy.

So, if Maca did increase your estrogen and then you abruptly stopped it, it acted like BCP and the drop in estrofen caused AF to show prematurely.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you! This is really helpful info. I should add that my previous AFC was 2 years ago. And I am 41.