Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Testing sperm

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Testing sperm

Myself and dh have had 5 boys and 1 miscarriage at 8 weeks passed at 13 weeks( so we don't know the sex ) except for myself all the girls born In my family have been prem 2-3lb born and I'm my hubby's the is a long line of boys and 2 girls 1 I've never met and the other has cerebly palsy we have decided to go for gender selection but my question is is the a test you can have to test the egg or sperm to see if they are healthy any help would be great :-) thanks in advance
    so im back and

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    They do have sperm analysis but it's really difficult to predict health of future offspring on the basis of that. Eggs are different every month and no way to test them for health. Prematurity is generally considered to be a condition of your body and not down to lack of health on the part of eggs/sperm. The best thing you can do to prevent prematurity is to eat right and take prenatal vitamins while pg. Also may want to have your thyroid checked because of when your last loss occured.

If you are thinking of testing to see if "he only makes Y's" then please save your money, men make 50-50 X and Y sperm http://genderdreaming.com/forum/sper...x-y-sperm.html

The only way to test for health is to do IVF and then do PGD on the embryos before they are implanted. But that only eliminates a small number of potential genetic problems - prematurity is not one of those things.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was more thinking if it had defects my body would mc the egg if that makes sense any recommendations who to go to for the best I'm lost :-( have started saving and dieting so I'm at ultimate health I'm from uk and know its banned here :-/ thanks atomic
    so im back and

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also is it possible for you to miscarry on the gender of a baby alone
    so im back and

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    PGD is what we use to test fertilized embryos with IVF. They can now evaluate all 23 pairs of chromosomes plus the X and Y sex chromosomes. So, yes, you can put back a genetically normal(within the testing limitations) female on transfer day.

We know of nothing that would cause you to miscarry based on gender alone.

Cerebral palsy is not genetic. It just refers to damage to the brain usually caused by lack of oxygen at birth or too much oxygen in the case of premature babies. You can't test for that because it isn't something that involves DNA.
    Last edited by nuthinbutpink; July 18th, 2013 at 02:37 PM.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks do u recommend anywhere for pgd and I've etc I see you had a little boy from it how many times did you try :-) I really don't know how to get the balls in motion any advice would help thanks in advance
    so im back and

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd encourage you to become a Dream Member so you can see all of the High Tech information. You'll need a consult with a doctor to get started.

You're in the UK so you will have to travel. The US has the highest success rates but there are some International options. We have several UK ladies in the private section that would be happy to share info with you.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks how do I become a private member ?
    so im back and

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Top of the forum- Become a Dream Member button or click on Membership and Plans on the menu bar. You will see the Dream Member option.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by angel-pink View Post
    I was more thinking if it had defects my body would mc the egg if that makes sense any recommendations who to go to for the best I'm lost :-( have started saving and dieting so I'm at ultimate health I'm from uk and know its banned here :-/ thanks atomic
    Yes, that's entirely possible but there is absolutely no way for doctors to test one of your eggs and have any indication about the health of your other eggs. Every month your body starts to grow 10-20 eggs in both ovaries and only the "best" one or two make it to be ovulated. You are born with hundreds of thousands of eggs, most are good, a few are bad, and it's just luck about what egg arrives in the month you happen to get pg.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast