Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sorry. Where did you cycle? How old are you?
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm 41.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Cycle was at PFC

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Unfortunately, I think the age thing is what is affecting you the most. Once we are in your 40's, IVF for gender selection is usually going to take a few tries(so it's not just "you"). If you look in the Member section, of those that have tried it, some have opted to use donor eggs to increase their chances. We do have a couple of women in their 40's that have found success with their own eggs, but the number of cycles required to get there was quite high.

You could try a IVF/Microsort(no PGD) cycle in Mexico. The sort would increase your odds but you don't have to put your embryos through PGD. No guarantee of course but it should increase your odds of gender.
    Last edited by nuthinbutpink; November 9th, 2013 at 07:22 AM.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Can you recommend a good clinic that does microsort?

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You'd have to go to Mexico. The Microsort website has info. Alternatively, you can send DH to MS Mexico and ship a sorted sample back IF and I mean IF your clinic will accept it.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm seeking your advice ladies.

My RE said that she is willing to try one last time. Using an antagonist protocol since that was my best protocol so far. She would also add ganirelix, I think at the beginning to try to get the follicles to grow more evenly. She also said that it is very likely that this may not work. She is willing to let me start swimming and then cancel if we are not seeing 10 follicles that are over size 14. So, I could cancel if the cycle does not look promising. I would need to wait 3 months to start the cycle.

My other option would be to try naturally and sway.

On the one hand I like the idea that with IVF with PGD, I would be sure about the gender and about the health of the embryo. On the other hand, I'm tired of the stress and expense of IVF. It seems highly unlikely that it would work for me. If I go natural, what would the experience be like at this age (41). I've always gotten pregnant right away with no problems when I was younger. Since my IVF embryos seem to be mostly aneuploid at my current age, if I try naturally, does it mean that I would keep miscarrying? When do those miscarriages occur? It seems like, if I go the natural route, it could be just as hard and take even longer to get pregnant. I wonder also about the cost associated with prenatal testing that might not be covered by insurance. How much would the early tests cost? Finally, while my preference is a girl, I would be happy with a boy too. I just want a healthy child at this point.

I'd love to hear your advice. Also, while I am still on the fence about which path to take, is there anything I can do to prepare my body for a sway and/or IVF so that I can keep my options open for both? Diet? Supplements? DHEA? Can I work on both at the same time?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, that's two totally different paths. Why not consult with another doctor first. He/she will have the benefit of your past cycle history and may have another suggestion. I think 10 eggs is a high hurdle too.

Many girls have their DH take olive leaf extract and vitamin C. We have had some decent results in HT with that combo for DH when trying for a girl. Might sway some for him.

For you, DHEA is to help with quality and quantity but I would ask your doctor first. If I were you, I would be on it. Over 40, IVF is very hard and bound to take a few attempts but many of us have had success when using DHEA. You would not want to take it if you decide to sway and your natural fertility has absolutely nothing to do with what happens in IVF. Should you sway, you'd likely fall pregnant the first month trying.

I always say get a second opinion. Dr Potter with HRC is close to you and many girls on here use him. You may like what he has to say better. I highly suggest you check out the Private, Dream Member HT forums- you are a Dream Member so consults with Dr Potter are free and you get $1,000 off your cycle when you book the consult through this site. The link to the form is in the member section.

DHEA is definitely worth asking about though.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Personally I would try a new dr, see if you get a different tact. Including testing at 3 days. If you really are ok with either gender - and not just trying to convince yourself to justify the sway, as so many women on here with all-same-gender children seem to feel afterward...then sure try swaying. Expect you will have your 4th boy and if that thought makes you happy/excited, definitely go for it. But I found multiple miscarriages (both before 10 weeks with genetic issues) to be very emotional and depression-inducing (for me) whereas at least with HT you might get the sad outcomes yes, but your body isn't the starting testing ground. And you can freely dream that if it works, it WILL be your DG. Which, when I'm honest with myself, is why I'm doing this. Not for another child.

HT's whole purpose is to get people pregnant who are having trouble, but OHW's are rare at late ages. I've gone in expecting 3 cycles. (Big sigh).
    Last edited by ocean; December 4th, 2013 at 08:37 PM.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sorry this cycle did not go as you had hoped. I can personally tell you from experience that getting healthy (mentally and physically) is my best advice. And I do NOT mean that in a condescending way. I miscarried my PGD boy twins last year. I spent from March '12 to July '13 taking supplements (including dhea), juicing vegetables, exercising, and eating only whole foods. By July '13 my fsh (at age 42) was the lowest it's ever been (6.3!!!). I slacked off on my supplements and exercising and let my RE screw up in October causing my fsh to sky rocket to 12.9!!! (damn Clomid challenge!). I'm back to doing everything I did leading up to July. We're cycling starting this month (finally) for a transfer in Feb. We're using Natera (finally!!!). And I'm on 150mg dhea a day (per my RE).
    Don't give up hope, just take a few weeks, regroup, and set your mind to it. It can be discouraging, I know, but positive results are in anyone's future, you just need to make it so.
    (DD '89), (DS '92), (DD '99), (DD '05),
    (DS '10),(DS '12)(DS '12) (DS x 2 '13)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234