Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

7 follicles on Day 8--is there any hope?

I'm on day 8 of stims of cycle #2. I'm 41. AFC was 14. My labs were ok. Doing Micro-flare protocol with omnitrope and dhea. There are 7 follicles growing and a whole bunch of small ones lagging behind. The doctor does not think the others will catch up. The doctor wants to trigger tomorrow or the next day. I guess I'm feeling discouraged. In my first cycle, which was 2 years ago, I had 22 eggs retrieved and only 1 normal embryo resulted, which ended up not surviving the thaw. Now with only 7, I'm assuming the worst. Has anyone had good luck with 7 follicles at this stage? Is there any hope for me?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I only had 4 first cycle (i was 44) and still got 1xx and a BFP but sadly miscarried at 9 weeks. With fewer follicles u may get better quality and remember it only takes 1 and some luck with gender split. Good luck.xx

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There is hope! I only had 8 follicles and in the end only had 11 collected. 10 were mature, 9 fertilised and 8 made it to biopsy. I was lucky to end up with 1XY and 4XX. U just never know. It someone's comes down to chance. Quality is a factor. When is ur next scan?
    Mummy to 2 wonderful little boys

Cycle #1 HRC- Aug 2013- Long lupron. 11 eggs retrieved, 10 mature, 9 fertilised. 8 biopsied day 5 acgh/day 6 fresh transfer. 5 normals- 4 XX, 1 XY- transferred grade A, fully hatched XX. BFP 4 dpt. 1st beta 9dpt 199, 2nd beta 14dpt dropped 46, 3rd beta 24- CHEMICAL!!!

Cycle # 2- FET- Dec 2013- cancelled due to late ovulation

Cycle #3- FET- Jan 2013-transferred 1 fully hatched grade AA blast- BFP 4dpt, 1st beta 9dpt 678, 2nd beta 12dpt 3195, 3rd beta 25dpt 56,000- 1 HB seen at 6 weeks, 7 weeks and 10 weeks!!!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I go back in today. They will trigger me okay or tomorrow. I just wonder if there is any hope for the small follicles to catch up. I have some around 8 or 9. My largest is about 18. Should I insist that they wait?

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    "Okay" auto corrected. Was supposed to say "today".

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No the small ones will not make it at this point. They need to be approaching 20mm. You just need one good one. I don't think your response is atypical for someone in their 40's. We've had people in their 30's get fewer than 10 plenty of times. Your biggest issue is really finding a normal. There's always a chance.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I only had 5 follicles my first time but it resulted in a pair of twins so yes it's not the quantity but quality.
    -------------
    and hoping for a soon

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for the encouraging responses. Did those of you who responded also go through day 5 PGD with freezing of embryos?

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The trigger is tonight. I have about 5 large ones. Possible for 2 more to catch up.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How did ER go?
    2008 2012 for

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast